Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I have to make some more corrections to your post. You *CAN* disable Stocks, and Mail (as well as Friend Stream, as I previously noted). I have not tried the others. So far, the only ones I cannot disable that I tried are Sprint Zone (like before the update), Flikr, and FM Radio.
    I have Flikr disabled on mine.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I never had the app Mirror installed, or I should say listed in my app drawer, and it still isn't, but if I type mirror in search bar the app shows up and i'm able to launch it. Maybe the HTC hub is gone because the apps are available by searching? Mirror was a hub app wasn't it?

Okay guys. I really need some help. I got the update to Jelly Bean on the 13th when it first started and since then my phone has essentially become useless. The touch screen will function temporarily but after a little bit of the screen being on it will cease to function and I cannot do anything. Whenever I do a sim battery pull it works again for a little while and then stops once again. I'll still get text messages and calls the phone doesn't freeze per say I just can't use the touch screen. I have done multiple hard reboots (with Fast Boot off) and a few hard resets. Still nothing.

I've been reading over all these threads and so far I haven't heard about anybody out there having the same problem... Can y'all think of anything to help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post

Did you have Flickr disabled before you upgraded? I cannot disable it, and I cannot disable the stocks, or friend stream app. Best I can do with Mail, is Force Stop, I don't even have an option to disable it, but I can disable the Mail Widget. On my phone, it seems like I can disable most app widgets, but not the app they belong to.

Do a hard reset should be fine, back up contacts photos.

I did that last night to try and solve the battery performance issue. Looks like that was fixed. I don't mind not being able to disable certain apps, but I find it odd how some users can disable certain ones while others can't.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

OK, I find that completely fascinating. I tried for a third time- mine will not allow it to be disabled. I wonder if there are underlying dependencies and it will only allow it to be disabled if something else [that we don't know] is disabled first?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I never had the app Mirror installed, or I should say listed in my app drawer, and it still isn't, but if I type mirror in search bar the app shows up and i'm able to launch it. Maybe the HTC hub is gone because the apps are available by searching? Mirror was a hub app wasn't it?
    HTC has installed but "hidden" apps before (in a way that cannot be unhidden), it is not uncommon for them. I don't really understand WHY they would do such a thing, though. Mirror was present and hidden in the previous (pre-JB) Evo LTE also. That said, I just performed a search in applications and it does not appear. It also does not appear in the "ALL" listing of apps in settings. But when I use the Google search bar, it appears, so it is certainly installed.

I used QuickShortCutMaker and found the app (has a stupid camera icon, like before) and placed it on a home screen for access. Used the attached icon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-mirror.png  
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

HTC has installed but "hidden" apps before (in a way that cannot be unhidden), it is not uncommon for them. I don't really understand WHY they would do such a thing, though. Mirror was present and hidden in the previous (pre-JB) Evo LTE also. That said, I just performed a search in applications and it does not appear. It also does not appear in the "ALL" listing of apps in settings. But when I use the Google search bar, it appears, so it is certainly installed.

I used QuickShortCutMaker and found the app (has a stupid camera icon, like before) and placed it on a home screen for access. Used the attached icon.
    Is Quick shortcut maker an app? or in the phone somewhere?

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrSteez View Post
    Okay guys. I really need some help.[...]
    Posting your same identical question in several threads will make it much harder to interact...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ml#post2441796
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ml#post2441794
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...ml#post2441478
    TonyLibations likes this.

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Is Quick shortcut maker an app? or in the phone somewhere?
    It is a wonderful app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tzaG9ydGN1dCJd
    Thanked by:

Hahaha I'm desperate alright?

Quote Originally Posted by gedwierico View Post
    I got so used to the arrows that I'm mispelling everything lol if you long press the commahttp://www.hgniw.info/12a3.jpg
    Go in the keyboard settings and bring it back, I just did

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by reg0303 View Post
    Beamed a pic to my Nexus- dont remember if this was working before think I could only send apps..
    Awesome...we didn't have it before, only GS3 did, called S beam

Is the jelly bean Easter egg in this update?

That is not exactly how I read what they were describing. I assumed that it will still switch from one remembered WiFi SSID to another, even with the setting off. I can't prove this yet, because I am off today, and only around a single access point. I will know for sure on Monday, though. If it does not switch, I will have to find a way to turn it on. I see no reason why someone would NOT want it to connect to remembered networks.
    If you wanna turn it back on go to "auto connections"
    Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-uploadfromtaptalk1355714586577.jpg

OK, I find that completely fascinating. I tried for a third time- mine will not allow it to be disabled. I wonder if there are underlying dependencies and it will only allow it to be disabled if something else [that we don't know] is disabled first?
    That's wired although I had mine set before the update so wonder if that makes any difference.

This has been the biggest peeve since the update. How am I supposed to take naughty pics of my lady friends and put them in Vaulty with shutter sounds all over the place !!! -_-

I don't have the option to turn of the shutter sound at all.... I just find it annoying since it's just for affect and isn't an actual useful feature like an old phone that actually had a shutter that made the sound...
    Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    Perhaps it's this?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

That's wired although I had mine set before the update so wonder if that makes any difference.
    That is also a possibility. I can't recall which exact apps I had disabled prior to the update but I can tell you that AFTER the update, NO application was disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkers84 View Post
    Has anyone figured out a fix to the proximity issue when dealing with calls? It's beginning to become annoying...
    Clean your screen on the top, there may be grease covering it...

Quote Originally Posted by taniapomales View Post
    Yes! hey, this is pretty decent for right now. I'm happy.

Or cut the entire black part, just stick the metal part in...you will never ever ever have to take it out..:-D

In the YouTube app when you hit the share button there's a new option "Copy to Clipboard" along with the others

Interesting, was messing around disabling apps. Disabled "Friend Stream" with no problem. Went back later to turn it back on to try something and the enable button is grayed out. Won't let you enable it again. The "Friend Stream Lock screen" and the"Friend Stream Widget" can both be disabled and then re-enabled with no problem.
    Mercury81 and dr_cool like this.

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnpilot View Post
    Interesting, was messing around disabling apps. Disabled "Friend Stream" with no problem. Went back later to turn it back on to try something and the enable button is grayed out. Won't let you enable it again.
    It just keeps getting stranger all the time.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast