Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

Quote Originally Posted by zakphi View Post
    i don't get all why these companies are "making" us do stupid gestures to use these cool features. i would much rather have the ability to long hold the notification to get more details then to do an awkward horizontal pinch out

fyi, it also works with gmail
    I feel you. I'm still trying to find the best way to do the pinch. But in Google's defense, long pressing is already another useful feature. One solution would be to make a left swipe expand the notification and a right swipe clear it.
    delthor7 and zakphi like this.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    Funny you should say that since a long press in the notification try also brings something up.
    true. it brings up info for the app. maybe in a future update, HTC will create a new setting for long holding notifications like they did with the menu button which was once known as the multitasking button.

Nope not those emoticons 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 these

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I-can't-believe-I-fricken-use-Android View Post
    Anyone know where I can find this icon [Microphone] somewhere on the net? I can't find the file anywhere on my phone even though its gotta be there buried in some folder.
    LOL- you are probably doing the same thing I was... using Quickshortcutmaker to get a voice search button It does work (search for "Google Voice Search" in the app), but it stupidly uses just a "G" icon, making it very unintuitive. I searched for a short while and gave up, just leaving the stupid "G".
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:

Where did the battery graph go that shows how long the phone has been awake, etc????
    delthor7 likes this.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Where did the battery graph go that shows how long the phone has been awake, etc????
    THAT is a very good question.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    LOL- you are probably doing the same thing I was... using Quickshortcutmaker to get a voice search button It does work (search for "Google Voice Search" in the app), but it stupidly uses just a "G" icon, making it very unintuitive. I searched for a short while and gave up, just leaving the stupid "G".
    You nailed it. I think I got that advice from you to begin with!

There's no way I'm using that stupid looking G. So where on our phones is the original icon file???

Mercury81 likes this.

ROM
    Sprint Stock

Tap and hold applications running in notifications menu. You'll get an "App Info" option which will take you to the App Info screen.

Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    Tap and hold applications running in notifications menu. You'll get an "App Info" option which will take you to the App Info screen.
    Heh. That's the problem...it got disconnected from the app its supposed to be running so its floating without any application right now.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

You nailed it. I think I got that advice from you to begin with!

There's no way I'm using that stupid looking G. So where on our phones is the original icon file???
    OK, I tried to make one with GIMP It is attached... I used Airdroid to upload it to the "Pictures" directory, selected it in the shortcutmaker, then used QuickPic to "edit" it, since if you use "Crop" or whatever they call it, it removes the transparent background. Worked perfectly!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-mic.png  
    Thanked by:

I switched to the new google search icon (blue/white microphone).
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon

OK, I tried to make one with GIMP It is attached... I used Airdroid to upload it to the "Pictures" directory, selected it in the shortcutmaker, then used QuickPic to "edit" it, since if you use "Crop" or whatever they call it, it removes the transparent background. Worked perfectly!
    Thanks!

That's really cool, I'll give it a shot. Although I'm very partial to that slick looking silver one from ICS.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    I switched to the new google search icon (blue/white microphone).
    That was his/my question.... HOW? Neither of us could find such an icon on the phone. That is why I made one.

That was his/my question.... HOW? Neither of us could find such an icon on the phone. That is why I made one.
    I found it here:

Bend, Oregon
    Thanked by 2:
    Mercury81 likes this.

The closest thing to that is under settings > power > history. It doesn't tell you exactly how long your screen was awake, but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by 541rrhse View Post
    I found it here:

So we have come full circle where they added it back into JB as an icon/app so I guess we don't need a shortcut maker for this any longer....unless you want to use your own icon.

Global Posts
    2,211 Global Posts

So we have come full circle where they added it back into JB as an icon/app so I guess we don't need a shortcut maker for this any longer....unless you want to use your own icon.
    LOL- Yeah, I can't believe it was just sitting there all this time. I didn't even think to look for it because I assumed it wasn't there (like it wasn't before). I feel pretty silly now, going through all that work.

At least the icon I made is better (It shows a "g" so you know it is Google and has a transparent background)
    BroadcastJunkie likes this.

I had that same silver circle voice search app icon and it's still on my phone. When tapped it doesn't respond just says "Application is not installed".

Bend, Oregon

Perhaps it's this?

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-uploadfromtaptalk1355465227298.jpg  

That's not sense 4+

Quote Originally Posted by oehrensperger View Post
    That's not sense 4+
    I know, but this may be what the gentleman from earlier was referring to. I'm guessing this option was omitted from 4+?

Quote Originally Posted by MangoPowah View Post
    I know, but this may be what the gentleman from earlier was referring to. I'm guessing this option was omitted from 4+?

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, the only option there is grid in 4+

In the stock browser, where the status bar would go away and show up on its own, there is now a box to check to always keep it visible in the browser settings.

From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!

THAT is a very good question.
    Settings --> Power --> History
    Last edited by 541rrhse; 12-14-2012 at 01:06 AM.

Bend, Oregon
    Thanked by:

Before the JB update my web page loading bar was blue in color, now it's green. Also the task manager bars are green too. Is there a way to change these back to blue?
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast