Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

mtech5

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
If you look in app draw and find the app just called Google, it's Google Now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Expandable notifications are in 4.1
Our update does have it. Horizontal pinch out notifications to expand them. Works with htc mail app, HTC messages app (if the message is long enough) , power and volume down screen shot caps, and Google Play music, among others.

Can't remember if swiping on camera was 4.1 or 4.2, but I'm pretty sure it's a stock camera feature that is not present in the sense 4+ camera.

Thanks.

My favorite camera feature is while leaving the camera mode on, put the screen to sleep, then when you wake the screen, your'e back in camera mode with no lock screen.

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
@broadcastjunkie
Check your settings and scroll down. I didn't realize that it was scrollable but I have an option to turn off the shutter sound.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

My favorite camera feature is while leaving the camera mode on, put the screen to sleep, then when you wake the screen, your'e back in camera mode with no lock screen.

You know you can permanently disable the lock screen now. I did that as soon as I found out about it.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Our update does have it. Horizontal pinch out notifications to expand them. Works with htc mail app, HTC messages app (if the message is long enough) , power and volume down screen shot caps, and Google Play music, among others.

Can't remember if swiping on camera was 4.1 or 4.2, but I'm pretty sure it's a stock camera feature that is not present in the sense 4+ camera.

i don't get all why these companies are "making" us do stupid gestures to use these cool features. i would much rather have the ability to long hold the notification to get more details then to do an awkward horizontal pinch out

fyi, it also works with gmail

AHWagner

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
"emoji support" well we can see a black and white android version. but still no keyboard to send them.
Press and hold the "Smilie" button on the bottom left, the "Smilie" then turns black. If you let go, they all show up on the screen.

I cannot figure out how to do this..

@broadcastjunkie
Check your settings and scroll down. I didn't realize that it was scrollable but I have an option to turn off the shutter sound.
Where is this, I cannot find it.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ahwager:

best way to test the expand notification is either text yourself a long message or send yourself an email. when either come in, basically you want to take your thumbs and pinch out horizontally. a weird gesture, but it works.

in terms of the sound for shutter, apparently gs3 owners(look at the person's signature) can turn the sound off and we cant.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where I can find this icon somewhere on the net? I can't find the file anywhere on my phone even though its gotta be there buried in some folder.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355460627243.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355460627243.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 495

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
i don't get all why these companies are "making" us do stupid gestures to use these cool features. i would much rather have the ability to long hold the notification to get more details then to do an awkward horizontal pinch out

Funny you should say that since a long press in the notification try also brings something up.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site

I feel you. I'm still trying to find the best way to do the pinch. But in Google's defense, long pressing is already another useful feature. One solution would be to make a left swipe expand the notification and a right swipe clear it.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Funny you should say that since a long press in the notification try also brings something up.

true. it brings up info for the app. maybe in a future update, HTC will create a new setting for long holding notifications like they did with the menu button which was once known as the multitasking button.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know where I can find this icon [Microphone] somewhere on the net? I can't find the file anywhere on my phone even though its gotta be there buried in some folder.

LOL- you are probably doing the same thing I was... using Quickshortcutmaker to get a voice search button :) It does work (search for "Google Voice Search" in the app), but it stupidly uses just a "G" icon, making it very unintuitive. I searched for a short while and gave up, just leaving the stupid "G".

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae