Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

Quote Originally Posted by pa50i View Post
    It's hard to get a read on this update whether overall people like it or would rather revert. I'm assuming the additions outweigh any negatives. Poll time already??
    Love the update...so far no issues as far as phone calls, text messaging, or lagging. That's the most important thing!

Quote Originally Posted by zakphi View Post
    i know it doesn't work with the long hold. i was just saying i would rather that then the awkward pinch out
    If they made it easy, people would be doing it while driving!

SENT FROM MY JELLYBEAN EATING EVO!

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Wow. Login to this forum via the web on your phone after JB and try to reply to a message. You cannot see what you are typing since the kb covers the text entry space. Not good.

The loss of the drop kb button is not a good change!

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Also, gmail sync is really slow sending messages to myself as a test.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post
    Blah, it'll last a minute or two, then it'll come back... See results

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    WHERE is task manager????? I've been looking for that screen to close out apps!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by qbnkelt View Post
    WHERE is task manager????? I've been looking for that screen to close out apps!!!!
    In its an app in the app draw.

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Wow. Login to this forum via the web on your phone after JB and try to reply to a message. You cannot see what you are typing since the kb covers the text entry space. Not good.

Had this problem on a couple of forum websites...frustrating
    [/url]
    Thanked by:
    dtreo 

Quote Originally Posted by JD76ers View Post
    Had this problem on a couple of forum websites...frustrating
    After update. My beats head phones are loud as hell. Now wow!!!

Thanked by:
    sasha and Sorniel M Davila like this.

Agreed, I used that a lot.
    Thanked by 2:
    dtreo, crxssi and Sorniel M Davila like this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #160  

Quote Originally Posted by Volkers84 View Post
    Love the update...so far no issues as far as phone calls, text messaging, or lagging. That's the most important thing!
    Same here, love the update. a few things are different which is always expected. you will have to get acquainted with it again. I just wish grooveshark worked.. thats the only app that wont work anymore... it saddens me

First the new keyboard is horrible, the original keyboard was way better and easier to use.

Secondly, Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.

Thirdly, the power saver off/on in the notification bar is annoying and I want that removed.

Next, the screen isn't as responsive as before the update and proximity sensors are too sensitive.

Finally, I dislike the new gallery application, the original worked and felt way better. I also dislike the music application and prefer the HTC EVO 3D music player over the EVO 4G LTE.
    dtreo likes this.

Also, gmail sync is really slow sending messages to myself as a test.
    I've used the HTC stock mail app seems quicker easier to use imo .

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Well so far I love the update the new look of the stock text message app is great, Loving the new features of the camera all except for the fact we can't turn the shutter sound off. My phone seems to be running a lot smoother and faster!
    Palm Pre,Blackberry,HTC Evo 4g, HTC Evo LTE, Samsung Galaxy 2.10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy S4
    FaisDogg likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorniel M Davila View Post
    Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.
    I don't. I have zero interest in Google Now and don't want it "contaminating" all other parts of my experience...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Principe likes this.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

So far so good. I like the new gallery and looking forward to all the other new stuff in Jelly Bean that I'm going to discover over the next few days. And it looks like they fixed the ringtone customization,so now I know what calls to ignore without looking at the screen. And if the wife is reading this,I never ignore your calls baby.never
    If the women don't find you handsome,they should at least find you handy.

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

Now that we can finally use a security lock screen (since before you would have to go through TWO stupid screens each time), I have noticed that the pattern lock screen does NOT allow adjusting the ringer volume when locked. Is this normal? It is certainly irritating compared to the non-secure "lock" screen...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

What do you mean by security lock screen? I have the pattern lock screen and I can still adjust volume from rocker. Am I misunderstanding you?

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    What do you mean by security lock screen? I have the pattern lock screen and I can still adjust volume from rocker. Am I misunderstanding you?
    Most people call that "ring" thing a lock screen, which it is not really a "lock" screen (because there is no security, it just prevents accidentally turning on the phone). Yes, I am talking about the pattern lock screen and I absolutely cannot adjust the volume of the ringer while the screen is locked (sitting on the pattern screen).

I just rebooted the phone (a real reboot, nobody should use that stupid "Fast Boot" stuff) just to make sure, and it is still not allowing me to use the volume buttons on the pattern lock screen. They are completely ignored until the pattern is entered and the phone unlocked

I'm really loving the new Jelly Bean update and my Evo 4G is too, it's way faster and another less lag , I found about 30 lost albums I couldn't find on ICS,music with beats headphones awesome sounds even better. I love the new gallery set up, the power save on the notification & Google Now pretty cool.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-uploadfromtaptalk1355524398438.jpg  
    TonyLibations likes this.

Here's your screenshot.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Doesn't show up on mine

Hmmm. Weird. Try going in to security settings and completely changing your set up. Make a new pattern. Maybe that will reset something?

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorniel M Davila View Post
    First the new keyboard is horrible, the original keyboard was way better and easier to use.

Secondly, Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.

Thirdly, the power saver off/on in the notification bar is annoying and I want that removed.

Next, the screen isn't as responsive as before the update and proximity sensors are too sensitive.

Finally, I dislike the new gallery application, the original worked and felt way better. I also dislike the music application and prefer the HTC EVO 3D music player over the EVO 4G LTE.
    Totally agree. Why would they screw up the kb like this?? Ugh.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    Hmmm. Weird. Try going in to security settings and completely changing your set up. Make a new pattern. Maybe that will reset something?
    Went back, took it off, then turned it back on (every time requires a pattern, fresh), still acts the same way. I am pressing "cancel" to prevent it from blocking text previews and such... I don't need it THAT secure.

I guess I will just have to add two more unlocking sessions to my routine every day to set the ringer up and then off. There are far more annoying things out there to deal with than this.

I did not get this rescue app in my update. Did anyone else not receive the rescue app?

Quote Originally Posted by riccowboy View Post
    I did not get this rescue app in my update. Did anyone else not receive the rescue app?
    I'm not seeing any Rescue app either. I did get stuck with Google Play Magazines though. I'd rather have Rescue.. whatever it is.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast