Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

Quote Originally Posted by asterather View Post
    Put your device on silent? [for camera sounds] Sorry. Forgot to quote. See above.
    I think people have already tried that and it doesn't work anymore. The only thing found so far is to plug in headphones/earphones, which will disable it. Personally, I don't care about the camera sound, but I understand why some people have problems with it when taking pictures of pets and other skittish subjects when it is quiet and will flinch from the sound, disturbing the scene.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    taniabonita52 likes this.

Its far from a fix but the shutter sound generated through the speaker is perfectly placed so you can easily cover it with your middle finger when capturing photos with your index finger.

There's some symbolism in there somewhere.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Idahoktm View Post
    Before the JB update my web page loading bar was blue in color, now it's green. Also the task manager bars are green too. Is there a way to change these back to blue?
    Interesting. Mine are red.

From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    Interesting. Mine are red.

Those colors are tied to whatever SKIN you have placed on your phone. I do think that HTC changed the stock Sense colors though.

Open Google now and tell it to "do a barrel roll" or "tilt"

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-uploadfromtaptalk1355602632638.jpg  
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Has anyone figured out a fix to the proximity issue when dealing with calls? It's beginning to become annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLibations View Post
    Open Google now and tell it to "do a barrel roll" or "tilt"

Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-uploadfromtaptalk1355602803892.jpg

Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I think people have already tried that and it doesn't work anymore. The only thing found so far is to plug in headphones/earphones, which will disable it. Personally, I don't care about the camera sound, but I understand why some people have problems with it when taking pictures of pets and other skittish subjects when it is quiet and will flinch from the sound, disturbing the scene.
    I have a pair of earbuds that don't work.... That's what their purpose is now... Disabling my camera shutter. YAY for not throwing away broken things lol.

Edit: when I tried to take a pic of my sleeping puppy, the sound made her move :-( so the sound really irritates me.

"Paint to live. Live to paint."

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by taniapomales View Post
    I have a pair of earbuds that don't work.... That's what their purpose is now... Disabling my camera shutter. YAY for not throwing away broken things lol.

Edit: when I tried to take a pic of my sleeping puppy, the sound made her move :-( so the sound really irritates me.

you know what you could do with the headphones. just cut the tip (the part that goes into the headphone jack) and plug it in your phone whenever you want to take a picture or just leave it in if you are in an area where you will be taking lots of pictures. this way you won't have to deal with the annoying headphone cable getting in the way
    Thanked by:
    taniabonita52 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zakphi View Post
    you know what you could do with the headphones. just cut the tip (the part that goes into the headphone jack) and plug it in your phone whenever you want to take a picture or just leave it in if you are in an area where you will be taking lots of pictures. this way you won't have to deal with the annoying headphone cable getting in the way
    BRILLIANT! +1

Yeah, but it really sucks that suddenly there are all these apps we can't disable. Before I think it was just a few, including Sprint Zone that were non-disableable.

I WAS able to disable Friend Stream, so not sure why you can't. I also discovered that you can now disable apps even when they have updates installed. Before you used to have to remove updates before you could disable something (which was irritating).

Add to your list of those not allowed to be disabled- Flickr for HTC Sense.

But thanks for the "hide" tip! I didn't even know it was an option!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Yes HTC upping the apps we couldn't disable was definitely my first peeve about this update but it's nice that they added the option to hide all their bloat from us. I just hope none of these apps start running in the background.
    FYI, the hide options seems the best available now, but I've noticed the apps will still clutter the share menu.

Not so much a tip but an inquiry. I noticed I can see emojicons (with a nice android style) now, finally. I've been going through the keyboard settings and can't find any way to activate the androemojicons anyone know why? I read a tutorial to activate it, but it was for stock jelly bean (not sense) I believe.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Yes! hey, this is pretty decent for right now. I'm happy.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here-uploadfromtaptalk1355618352635.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by taniapomales View Post
    Yes! hey, this is pretty decent for right now. I'm happy.

Looks like your android is waving hi.:thumbup:

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

You can transfer pictures via nfc

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mmmtacos View Post
    You can transfer pictures via nfc
    Technically, no you can't. You can *initiate* a transfer of a photo from the stock GALLERY (only) application through NFC, and the photo is then sent via Bluetooth (I believe). NFC does not have the bandwidth to transfer photos [in a reasonable time frame]. And it doesn't seem to work with non-brain-dead photo display apps like QuickPic for some reason. I guess the app has to be aware of the new API or something.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    FaisDogg likes this.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Did u guys see that the paste has been fixed? It used to attach your text paste to the previous or nearest word, or period of the prior sentence. Seems to be fixed now.

The new kb stuff is still irritating tho.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.
    TonyLibations likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Volkers84 View Post
    Has anyone figured out a fix to the proximity issue when dealing with calls? It's beginning to become annoying...
    I really don't think there is. As this was an issue on this phone in the past and even then you had two options....replace your phone, or wait for a fix from HTC. I've done 5 hard resets, even wiping the cache partion through recovery and nothing has worked. I took it in to a Sprint repair center today and they couldn't fix it either. They offered a replacement for $35(I don't have TEP)...but I think I'll wait a little longer. Luckily for me I rarely use my phone as a phone and when I do I'm in the car connected to bluetooth handsfree operation.

I've been testing my proximity on the phone since Friday and there are not any issues on mine . Are you rooted, maybe that's the difference.

From my experience with my previous EVO, if you leave the wifi/connections optimizer on, the phone will periodically search for an open network. If it finds one, it connects automatically. If you want your wifi on at all times, leave it on. Personally, I turn the wifi on when I need it. I don't want it on all the time. Saves battery life that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    I've been testing my proximity on the phone since Friday and there are not any issues on mine . Are you rooted, maybe that's the difference.

Naw it's full stock.

Ok,I got the update and proximity sensors working maybe an launcher application your using ? Process of elimination might be the only way to figure it out.

There are a lot more photo edit options!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by secretmethod70 View Post
    EDIT: Looks like Friend Stream, Mail, Sprint Hotspot, Stocks, Tasks, and some others can't be disabled anymore either.
    I have to make some more corrections to your post. You *CAN* disable Stocks, and Mail (as well as Friend Stream, as I previously noted). I have not tried the others. So far, the only ones I cannot disable that I tried are Sprint Zone (like before the update), Flikr, and FM Radio.

I have to make some more corrections to your post. You *CAN* disable Stocks, and Mail (as well as Friend Stream, as I previously noted). I have not tried the others. So far, the only ones I cannot disable that I tried are Sprint Zone (like before the update), Flikr, and FM Radio.
    You can disable Stocks but not the Stocks Widget, WTH?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast