Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

adz1966

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
USB OTG works!! I can see my flash drive in the Settings/Storage, but can't seem to see it using ES File Explorer and my wireless mouse works perfectly. Anybody else try it?

EDIT: Astro File Manager reads all of my flash drives.

Last edited:

snowman

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Playing with google now a little. It doesn't seem to talk alot. Ask it the capital of texas, and it says "the capital of Texas is Austin". Ask it other things like "how long will it take to get from here to MN" and it just pulls up a map. Ask it something strange it it does a web search. Siri seems to have an entertainment factor where google now is all business. Maybe I need to play with it more. Maybe that's the way it is? Either way it's pretty good.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Playing with google now a little. It doesn't seem to talk alot. Ask it the capital of texas, and it says "the capital of Texas is Austin". Ask it other things like "how long will it take to get from here to MN" and it just pulls up a map. Ask it something strange it it does a web search. Siri seems to have an entertainment factor where google now is all business. Maybe I need to play with it more. Maybe that's the way it is? Either way it's pretty good.

I don't know if you used Siri when it was an app, but it was fun - I think Apple has not added a single thing since owning the app.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
You can set it so the phone doesn't have a lock screen! Go into Personalize > Lock Screen style and it's the last option when you swipe from right to left.

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
You can now pinch to zoom in the camera app instead of sliding your finger on the little scroll zoom bar. :)
You can set it so the phone doesn't have a lock screen! Go into Personalize > Lock Screen style and it's the last option when you swipe from right to left.

these two posts just made my day and i dont even have JB yet (reason: stuck in class and can't access school's wifi)

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else hate the new gallery layout? I can't find anything now.Suppose I'll get used to it and it will grow on me. :(

Edit: Ok never mind I'm a dumb-ass. I figured out how to change it lol.

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
When you hit the phone option under gallery you can then choose the old folders view

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums