Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
LOL- you are probably doing the same thing I was... using Quickshortcutmaker to get a voice search button :) It does work (search for "Google Voice Search" in the app), but it stupidly uses just a "G" icon, making it very unintuitive. I searched for a short while and gave up, just leaving the stupid "G".

You nailed it. I think I got that advice from you to begin with!

There's no way I'm using that stupid looking G. So where on our phones is the original icon file???

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Tap and hold applications running in notifications menu. You'll get an "App Info" option which will take you to the App Info screen.

Heh. That's the problem...it got disconnected from the app its supposed to be running so its floating without any application right now.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
You nailed it. I think I got that advice from you to begin with!

There's no way I'm using that stupid looking G. So where on our phones is the original icon file???

OK, I tried to make one with GIMP :) It is attached... I used Airdroid to upload it to the "Pictures" directory, selected it in the shortcutmaker, then used QuickPic to "edit" it, since if you use "Crop" or whatever they call it, it removes the transparent background. Worked perfectly!

Attachments

• mic.png
    mic.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 466

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL- you are probably doing the same thing I was... using Quickshortcutmaker to get a voice search button :) It does work (search for "Google Voice Search" in the app), but it stupidly uses just a "G" icon, making it very unintuitive. I searched for a short while and gave up, just leaving the stupid "G".
I switched to the new google search icon (blue/white microphone).

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
OK, I tried to make one with GIMP :) It is attached... I used Airdroid to upload it to the "Pictures" directory, selected it in the shortcutmaker, then used QuickPic to "edit" it, since if you use "Crop" or whatever they call it, it removes the transparent background. Worked perfectly!

Thanks!

That's really cool, I'll give it a shot. Although I'm very partial to that slick looking silver one from ICS. :D

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
That was his/my question.... HOW? Neither of us could find such an icon on the phone. That is why I made one.
I found it here:

2v2i3hk.jpg

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
So we have come full circle where they added it back into JB as an icon/app so I guess we don't need a shortcut maker for this any longer....unless you want to use your own icon.

LOL- Yeah, I can't believe it was just sitting there all this time. I didn't even think to look for it because I assumed it wasn't there (like it wasn't before). I feel pretty silly now, going through all that work.

At least the icon I made is better :) (It shows a "g" so you know it is Google and has a transparent background)

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
So we have come full circle where they added it back into JB as an icon/app so I guess we don't need a shortcut maker for this any longer....unless you want to use your own icon.

I had that same silver circle voice search app icon and it's still on my phone. When tapped it doesn't respond just says "Application is not installed".

11wavie.jpg

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
In the stock browser, where the status bar would go away and show up on its own, there is now a box to check to always keep it visible in the browser settings. :)

Idahoktm

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Before the JB update my web page loading bar was blue in color, now it's green. Also the task manager bars are green too. Is there a way to change these back to blue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude