Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

AHWagner

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
best way to test the expand notification is either text yourself a long message or send yourself an email. when either come in, basically you want to take your thumbs and pinch out horizontally. a weird gesture, but it works.

in terms of the sound for shutter, apparently gs3 owners(look at the person's signature) can turn the sound off and we cant.
Thanks.

Technosticrati

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Go to market download quick short cut search for voice and save.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Thanks...although I already had done all of that pre-JB. Since installing JB it has broken my quick shortcut when using that same icon.

That being said, JB reintroduced the Google Voice Search app and it is now a simple blue and white icon that comes pre-loaded.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

marksr

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...although I already had done all of that pre-JB. Since installing JB it has broken my quick shortcut when using that same icon.

That being said, JB reintroduced the Google Voice Search app and it is now a simple blue and white icon that comes pre-loaded.

I just did a Google search for microphone icons, and picked the one I liked, saved it to my gallery and chose it as the icon for voice search.

marksr

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
-From the Gmail App list of emails, if you swipe left or right on a message, it archives (with an option to undo)
-From the new mail notifications, small icon to the right indicates number of unread emails
-Stock browser has a little number in the tab icon (next to address bar) indicating how many tabs you have open

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You can switch it in setting to make it delete the email rather than archive it. That's what I did.

marksr

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Any answers to this why avoid the WiFi optimizer question?
I did a quick search but can't find the thread, but early on when the phone came out- several people found that turning it on exacerbated/created/worsened etc etc the WiFi bug/issue- I think it may have been accused of draining the battery as well-

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Any answers to this why avoid the WiFi optimizer question?

Some people, including me, do not like such "mysterious" apps/services that make decisions about what we want or don't want to do. I know how to connect to various networks and when/why, I don't want something changing things behind my back, and I like the behavior of the way it used to work.

So when I was asked about it, I immediately said "no".

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason I can see is that some people wear tin foil hats.

Pretty mindless response, there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan