Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You now have the option of changing the saturation, contrast, and exposure while using the front facing camera, makes the pictures a whole better.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. It would be nice if they put such descriptions in the option so that people who DO understand technology are not totally in the dark! Some people are reporting that having the "Optimizer" on is using GPS and also increasing battery usage in other ways, however.

It does use location, but it's not running constantly. Not much different than a weather widget or whatever.

I'm sure it's main purpose is to get people off Sprint's network whenever possible. I've never noticed much of a difference when I leave the WiFi when there is no WiFi available.

chendriks27

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So no one noticed the secure and block box in the text message app now along with changing background and thread colors?

Sent from my EVO

Yep, I did, while playing around with background changing issue. Also, when you're in your sms list, you also have in the menu list the "Back up/Restore SMS", "Block List", "Move to Secure Box" and "Move to block box" features. Plus a "Sort" feature, which I can't recall if it already existed in ICS.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to get a read on this update whether overall people like it or would rather revert. I'm assuming the additions outweigh any negatives. Poll time already??

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't work on "long hold", because when you "long hold" either one of your notifications, you get an "app info" button, which when you use it, it opens the app information same as in Settings>Apps menu when you select either one.

i know it doesn't work with the long hold. i was just saying i would rather that then the awkward pinch out

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
You interpreted that incorrectly.

What it does is allow you to turn off Wi-Fi so it's not scanning all the time and it will periodically check for remembered networks, thus saving battery life.

If you leave your WiFi active all the time on your phone, the optimizer will do nothing.

what if you rely on the sprint network, and only the sprint network... im screwed right? haha

Volkers84

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to get a read on this update whether overall people like it or would rather revert. I'm assuming the additions outweigh any negatives. Poll time already??
Love the update...so far no issues as far as phone calls, text messaging, or lagging. That's the most important thing!

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Login to this forum via the web on your phone after JB and try to reply to a message. You cannot see what you are typing since the kb covers the text entry space. Not good.

The loss of the drop kb button is not a good change!

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow. Login to this forum via the web on your phone after JB and try to reply to a message. You cannot see what you are typing since the kb covers the text entry space. Not good.

The loss of the drop kb button is not a good change!

Had this problem on a couple of forum websites...frustrating

BroadcastJunkie

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Love the update...so far no issues as far as phone calls, text messaging, or lagging. That's the most important thing!

Same here, love the update. a few things are different which is always expected. you will have to get acquainted with it again. I just wish grooveshark worked.. thats the only app that wont work anymore... it saddens me

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
First the new keyboard is horrible, the original keyboard was way better and easier to use.

Secondly, Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.

Thirdly, the power saver off/on in the notification bar is annoying and I want that removed.

Next, the screen isn't as responsive as before the update and proximity sensors are too sensitive.

Finally, I dislike the new gallery application, the original worked and felt way better. I also dislike the music application and prefer the HTC EVO 3D music player over the EVO 4G LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm