Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well so far I love the update the new look of the stock text message app is great, Loving the new features of the camera all except for the fact we can't turn the shutter sound off. My phone seems to be running a lot smoother and faster!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.

I don't. I have zero interest in Google Now and don't want it "contaminating" all other parts of my experience...

donntiger

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. I like the new gallery and looking forward to all the other new stuff in Jelly Bean that I'm going to discover over the next few days. And it looks like they fixed the ringtone customization,so now I know what calls to ignore without looking at the screen. And if the wife is reading this,I never ignore your calls baby.never

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Now that we can finally use a security lock screen (since before you would have to go through TWO stupid screens each time), I have noticed that the pattern lock screen does NOT allow adjusting the ringer volume when locked. Is this normal? It is certainly irritating compared to the non-secure "lock" screen...

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by security lock screen? I have the pattern lock screen and I can still adjust volume from rocker. Am I misunderstanding you?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by security lock screen? I have the pattern lock screen and I can still adjust volume from rocker. Am I misunderstanding you?

Most people call that "ring" thing a lock screen, which it is not really a "lock" screen (because there is no security, it just prevents accidentally turning on the phone). Yes, I am talking about the pattern lock screen and I absolutely cannot adjust the volume of the ringer while the screen is locked (sitting on the pattern screen).

I just rebooted the phone (a real reboot, nobody should use that stupid "Fast Boot" stuff) just to make sure, and it is still not allowing me to use the volume buttons on the pattern lock screen. They are completely ignored until the pattern is entered and the phone unlocked :(

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm really loving the new Jelly Bean update and my Evo 4G is too, it's way faster and another less lag , I found about 30 lost albums I couldn't find on ICS,music with beats headphones awesome sounds even better. I love the new gallery set up, the power save on the notification & Google Now pretty cool.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355524398438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355524398438.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 278

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. Weird. Try going in to security settings and completely changing your set up. Make a new pattern. Maybe that will reset something?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
First the new keyboard is horrible, the original keyboard was way better and easier to use.

Secondly, Google Now is awesome but it does not appear as a stock Jelly Bean update. This version is very blah and not useful. I want Google Now to be integrated with Sense 4+.

Thirdly, the power saver off/on in the notification bar is annoying and I want that removed.

Next, the screen isn't as responsive as before the update and proximity sensors are too sensitive.

Finally, I dislike the new gallery application, the original worked and felt way better. I also dislike the music application and prefer the HTC EVO 3D music player over the EVO 4G LTE.

Totally agree. Why would they screw up the kb like this?? Ugh.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Weird. Try going in to security settings and completely changing your set up. Make a new pattern. Maybe that will reset something?

Went back, took it off, then turned it back on (every time requires a pattern, fresh), still acts the same way. I am pressing "cancel" to prevent it from blocking text previews and such... I don't need it THAT secure.

I guess I will just have to add two more unlocking sessions to my routine every day to set the ringer up and then off. There are far more annoying things out there to deal with than this.

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not seeing any Rescue app either. I did get stuck with Google Play Magazines though. :-\ I'd rather have Rescue.. whatever it is.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

I did not get this rescue app in my update. Did anyone else not receive the rescue app?

It does not appear on my usable apps list either, however, it is on my father's phone that I just updated. This is an app by LogMeIn, that allows remote support from tech support. There was a warning on the app that said not to click a button unless directed to by support.

You can view the app under the "All Apps" tab when you go into Settings. I cannot figure out a way to get it into my usable apps list. I was thinking about doing a Factory Reset, but I can't figure that out. It doesn't seem to be located in the same place since this upgrade.

I did notice there is a News and Weather App available. It pulls up Google News and Weather.

Here are two pictures of what I'm talking about:

2012-12-14_19-11-17.png 2012-12-14_19-11-38.png

Last edited:

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It does not appear on my usable apps list either, however, it is on my father's phone that I just updated. This is an app by LogMeIn, that allows remote support from tech support. There was a warning on the app that said not to click a button unless directed to by support.

You can view the app under the "All Apps" tab when you go into Settings. I cannot figure out a way to get it into my usable apps list. I was thinking about doing a Factory Reset, but I can't figure that out. It doesn't seem to be located in the same place since this upgrade.

I did notice there is a News and Weather App available. It pulls up Google News and Weather.

Here are two pictures of what I'm talking about:

Interesting. Maybe it's regional?

Last edited:

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Maybe it's regional?

I doubt it. My dad has it and I don't. We live in the same town. My phone was a preorder, and his I ordered a few weeks ago. I'm thinking it could that small update that fixed the contact ringers but was pulled. That's really the only difference between our phones. I applied that update, and he didn't.

EDIT: I found another app on my dad's list of usable apps, Polaris Office. This is not on my phone however.

Last edited:

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
you can change the color of message bubbles in texting and also the background or add a custom picture for your background

just click menu in message and then personalize

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Rescue doesn't show up in my list of apps either, but open Google sear h and type Rescue, it will show up (so will Polaris Office).

One app that was removed was Mirror.