Jelly Bean Tips - Post them here

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok,I got the update and proximity sensors working maybe an launcher application your using ? Process of elimination might be the only way to figure it out.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
EDIT: Looks like Friend Stream, Mail, Sprint Hotspot, Stocks, Tasks, and some others can't be disabled anymore either.

I have to make some more corrections to your post. You *CAN* disable Stocks, and Mail (as well as Friend Stream, as I previously noted). I have not tried the others. So far, the only ones I cannot disable that I tried are Sprint Zone (like before the update), Flikr, and FM Radio.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have to make some more corrections to your post. You *CAN* disable Stocks, and Mail (as well as Friend Stream, as I previously noted). I have not tried the others. So far, the only ones I cannot disable that I tried are Sprint Zone (like before the update), Flikr, and FM Radio.

You can disable Stocks but not the Stocks Widget, WTH?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I have Flikr disabled on mine.
abupyty7.jpg

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I never had the app Mirror installed, or I should say listed in my app drawer, and it still isn't, but if I type mirror in search bar the app shows up and i'm able to launch it. Maybe the HTC hub is gone because the apps are available by searching? Mirror was a hub app wasn't it?

MrSteez

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys. I really need some help. I got the update to Jelly Bean on the 13th when it first started and since then my phone has essentially become useless. The touch screen will function temporarily but after a little bit of the screen being on it will cease to function and I cannot do anything. Whenever I do a sim battery pull it works again for a little while and then stops once again. I'll still get text messages and calls the phone doesn't freeze per say I just can't use the touch screen. I have done multiple hard reboots (with Fast Boot off) and a few hard resets. Still nothing.

I've been reading over all these threads and so far I haven't heard about anybody out there having the same problem... Can y'all think of anything to help me?

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Did you have Flickr disabled before you upgraded? I cannot disable it, and I cannot disable the stocks, or friend stream app. Best I can do with Mail, is Force Stop, I don't even have an option to disable it, but I can disable the Mail Widget. On my phone, it seems like I can disable most app widgets, but not the app they belong to.

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I did that last night to try and solve the battery performance issue. Looks like that was fixed. I don't mind not being able to disable certain apps, but I find it odd how some users can disable certain ones while others can't.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

OK, I find that completely fascinating. I tried for a third time- mine will not allow it to be disabled. I wonder if there are underlying dependencies and it will only allow it to be disabled if something else [that we don't know] is disabled first?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I never had the app Mirror installed, or I should say listed in my app drawer, and it still isn't, but if I type mirror in search bar the app shows up and i'm able to launch it. Maybe the HTC hub is gone because the apps are available by searching? Mirror was a hub app wasn't it?

HTC has installed but "hidden" apps before (in a way that cannot be unhidden), it is not uncommon for them. I don't really understand WHY they would do such a thing, though. Mirror was present and hidden in the previous (pre-JB) Evo LTE also. That said, I just performed a search in applications and it does not appear. It also does not appear in the "ALL" listing of apps in settings. But when I use the Google search bar, it appears, so it is certainly installed.

I used QuickShortCutMaker and found the app (has a stupid camera icon, like before) and placed it on a home screen for access. Used the attached icon.

Attachments

• mirror.png
    mirror.png
    4 KB · Views: 262

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
HTC has installed but "hidden" apps before (in a way that cannot be unhidden), it is not uncommon for them. I don't really understand WHY they would do such a thing, though. Mirror was present and hidden in the previous (pre-JB) Evo LTE also. That said, I just performed a search in applications and it does not appear. It also does not appear in the "ALL" listing of apps in settings. But when I use the Google search bar, it appears, so it is certainly installed.

I used QuickShortCutMaker and found the app (has a stupid camera icon, like before) and placed it on a home screen for access. Used the attached icon.
Is Quick shortcut maker an app? or in the phone somewhere?

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
That is not exactly how I read what they were describing. I assumed that it will still switch from one remembered WiFi SSID to another, even with the setting off. I can't prove this yet, because I am off today, and only around a single access point. I will know for sure on Monday, though. If it does not switch, I will have to find a way to turn it on. I see no reason why someone would NOT want it to connect to remembered networks.
If you wanna turn it back on go to "auto connections"
uploadfromtaptalk1355714586577.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
OK, I find that completely fascinating. I tried for a third time- mine will not allow it to be disabled. I wonder if there are underlying dependencies and it will only allow it to be disabled if something else [that we don't know] is disabled first?

That's wired although I had mine set before the update so wonder if that makes any difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis