Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Foxfi doesn't work with jelly bean :(

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Umm foxfi won't work on any HTC phone period... It says so as soon as you try to use it on an htc with a super big warning box that pops up. Only Bluetooth tethering works and good luck getting that to work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Worked fine on my phone before.

Daaaam ur a strait *** T.R.O.L.L speak for ur self regarding others opinion and dnt generalize negative Nancy

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541#WP View Post
    Might finally have to Root. Not expecting another android update by the time i'm ready to buy a new phone anyway.
    I don't know what YOU expect or how quickly you are ready for a different phone (the Evo LTE is pretty new). But I expect there to be another update in a perhaps a month or less to address problems introduced in the last update.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541#WP View Post
    Worked fine on my phone before.
    ??? Your phone "before" the update is not the same as your phone "after" the update.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

Quote Originally Posted by norbz View Post
    Daaaam ur a strait *** T.R.O.L.L speak for ur self regarding others opinion and dnt generalize negative Nancy

Hmm wasn't trolling or being a negative Nancy. I'm sorry if I offended anyone in any way with my comment, that's what foxfi tells me when I try to use it on my evo 4g.

Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    Umm foxfi won't work on any HTC phone period... It says so as soon as you try to use it on an htc with a super big warning box that pops up. Only Bluetooth tethering works and good luck getting that to work.

Sorry but worked great for me before. Knew it wouldn't after the update at 1st, (or perhaps ever), but it did before.

HTC phone blocks FoxFi & PdaNet tethering?

Check out this thread. I found a solution and posted it here.

Foxfi doesn't work with jelly bean except in tether mode, and I just bought Foxfi before the update the only way is tether but you have to download Pdanet and put it on your pc and install it and then activate tether on your phone and then do the same on your pc and you are on the web, that's how I am writing this right now. LOL

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    HTC phone blocks FoxFi & PdaNet tethering?

Check out this thread. I found a solution and posted it here.
    There is no "solution" there, only a totally different, somewhat functional alternative. Open Garden is not WiFi tethering/hotspot. It is bluetooth only. It doesn't support Linux. It doesn't support iOS. It doesn't work with all applications under Android. It also apparently gives the user zero control over who can or cannot connect to their device.

There is also nothing "open" about "Open Garden". It is 100% proprietary and closed-source software. It is more of a "Walled Garden", in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    There is no "solution" there, only a totally different, somewhat functional alternative. Open Garden is not WiFi tethering/hotspot. It is bluetooth only. It doesn't support Linux. It doesn't support iOS. It doesn't work with all applications under Android. It also apparently gives the user zero control over who can or cannot connect to their device.

There is also nothing "open" about "Open Garden". It is 100% proprietary and closed-source software. It is more of a "Walled Garden", in reality.
    I suppose I should be been more specific that it's a good enough solution for me. As for saying that it doesn't support WiFi hot spot, I find that 1/2 accurate. The data that is transferred between the devices can be transmitted via WiFi, within that "closed" environment. Sure I can't use many apps that require a data connection, but my phone will suffice for those functions.
    My interest was to be able to use the Web on my Note 10.1 through my Evo. This it does well and that's all I really need on the go.
    Last edited by axllebeer; 03-18-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Global Posts
    2,418 Global Posts

I suppose I should be been more specific that it's a good enough solution for me.
    I am glad it is working OK for you. Just call me bitter/disappointed.

Well android is open source so we can always rewrite the OS as we see fit.

If only I was that good.

From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!

would it work for HTC EVO 4g (not LTE)??

Quote Originally Posted by mschatelaine View Post
    I've been hunting around for an answer, but I can't seem to find the minimum requirements for it anywhere. I suppose just give it a try and see for yourself. Worst case it just won't work or won't let you download it or install.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mschatelaine View Post
    In terms of Android version, it does meet the requirements--The original Evo maxed out at Gingerbread, and FoxFi support is from Froyo and up. However, it does mention compatibility issues with HTC phones, so it might not work.

I never tried it on my original Evo, because by the time they released FoxFi, I had already rooted and was using Wireless Tether, so I can't tell you if it works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    In terms of Android version, it does meet the requirements--The original Evo maxed out at Gingerbread, and FoxFi support is from Froyo and up. However, it does mention compatibility issues with HTC phones, so it might not work.

I never tried it on my original Evo, because by the time they released FoxFi, I had already rooted and was using Wireless Tether, so I can't tell you if it works or not.
    Yes i used to run it on my OG EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I am glad it is working OK for you. Just call me bitter/disappointed.
    I understand the way you feel though believe me. The only regret I have for upgrading to 4.1 was the loss of foxfi. It's incredibly hard to replace without root and I enjoyed using it on your BlackBerry PlayBook as well.

I suppose I should be been more specific that it's a good enough solution for me. As for saying that it doesn't support WiFi hot spot, I find that 1/2 accurate. The data that is transferred between the devices can be transmitted via WiFi, within that "closed" environment. Sure I can't use many apps that require a data connection, but my phone will suffice for those functions.
    My interest was to be able to use the Web on my Note 10.1 through my Evo. This it does well and that's all I really need on the go.
    The Android bug that prevents some apps from working properly over Open Garden is being addressed by the Android team. They said around 6 months for a fix about 2 months ago.... so hopefully that means within the next year.

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...l?id=33666#c31
    Open Garden Community Manager

Ask me about Voluntaryism. Or just Google it.
    Thanked by:

Netflix along with most streaming videos don't work, but cnn reading works, as does gmail. I have a email in to tech support. I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE phone and a Lenovo A129 ideapad.

Quote Originally Posted by beastman#AC View Post
    Netflix along with most streaming videos don't work, but cnn reading works, as does gmail. I have a email in to tech support. I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE phone and a Lenovo A129 ideapad.
    Netflix/Veetle/streaming apps work on my One V's jelly bean.. but that may be because I'm rooted & on a custom rom.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12