Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Default Proximity sensor problem during phone call back on Jellybean update

I am experiencing the proximity sensor issue while on a phone call since the new jb update. This issue was solved on the previous update. Is anyone else having this issue happening again?
    Thanks community

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Re: Proximity sensor problem during phone call back on Jellybean update

I've got the same problem. Also the volume will not work when I'm on a call.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Same problems here too.
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Mine works fine! Try a simulated battery pull!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Simulated battery pull instructions please. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    I am experiencing the proximity sensor issue while on a phone call since the new jb update. This issue was solved on the previous update. Is anyone else having this issue happening again?
    Thanks community
    Same here
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds for a battery pull!

Thanked by 2:
    AetherJones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds for a battery pull!

Did the simulated battery pull. Still didn't fix the proximity sensor issue

Did sim battery pulls...full hard reboots waiting a couple minutes time before restart, even factory reset it...it's still there. This is the first update that has actually made my phone worse. Guess my luck ran out
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Try a factory reset!

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Will Factory reset wipe phone out? Have to reinstall everything?
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Yes it will!

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,683 Global Posts

Just tested mine- no problem with proximity sensor on call. Bring to face and screen turns off, pull away from face, screen returns. Tried it several times.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    dyphx likes this.

Yeah mine isn't working either... It used to work just fine, and now it stays on or off... Ahhhh!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Yes same problem here. Not sure what else to do about it.

Don't ya hate all the waiting and then, a critical problem like this. A phone that is failing within the phone app.

Update Jan 23rd:
    And for no apparent reason, my sensor is working normally again. Started a little over 24 hrs ago so I waited at least a day before posting this. I didn't do anything. Same case, never used a screen protector, I clean my screen about 2 X's a day.

I had an app that I paid for that let you wave your hand in front of it using the proximity sensor to turn the phone off...that's broke too now.

My prox sensor is broken too, along with my volume control while I'm on a call. It's not too big of an inconvenience for me because I mostly call using Bluetooth. Hopefully a fix comes out soon. My wifes phones has no issues after the update.

If this is like the first time the proximity sensor was messed up, it was a combo of the a software bug and your screen protector. I haven;t tried it yet but taking the screen protector off should fix this. It did before.

I was so looking forward to this update and it's crap like this that ruins it. I can't even use my Google Voice to listen to voicemails correctly because of the stupid proximity issues.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

No screen protector being used on my phone. Definitely software issue. It was fixed and no problems on previous update.

I just noticed when I went to listen to a voicemail the screen shut off & I wouldn't come back unless I hit 'home'. I turned on speakerphone & now it seems to stay on.

Any chance its related to the proximity sensor?

I'm experiencing that same issue. Also proximity sure doesn't work like it used to. Way to fix some problems while creating new ones, HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclectech View Post
    I'm experiencing that same issue. Also proximity sure doesn't work like it used to. Way to fix some problems while creating new ones, HTC.
    I'm surprised that they recreated an issue they already fixed. It's like as if some people got the old coding for the proximity sensor.

It is so ridiculous that it's even possible for this to occur within a company so well-acquainted with software development.

FIX THIS PROBLEM HTC

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I'm surprised that they recreated an issue they already fixed. It's like as if some people got the old coding for the proximity sensor.
    Its called a regression and happens all the time in software development. They must just not have a test case that covers this (although) they should.

However, I would if the real root cause isn't hardware given that lots of people don't have that issue. The proximity sensor shouldn't be related to any other apps that you might have loaded.

My solution: push the top on button & the screen magically appears.
    Your welcome.
    crxssi likes this.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast