Huge mms compression after jelly bean update

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok... So before the update if u took a screen shot and sent it mms stock the pic was fine... Now since the update when u take a screen shot and send that screen shot through stock mms the pic is garbage! Is there no way to fix this? This is the worst thing for me about the update because I send screen shots a lot... I guess we have to wait and see.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

boo5ted

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's a stock message app compression issue. From what I've heard they are working on a fix for that and numerous other issues that people have been having since JB update.

Only option for now is to download pretty much any other sms app. Sucks we have to do that it better than the other option of it just not working. Any workaround is better than no workaround imo.

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Any phone I have sent the picture to has looked great. Not sure how it looks from the computer.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am now using go sms and must say I like it allot better than the stock app anyways so I'm fine with the screen shot results now..

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

oyoung

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
OK I found a work around (hadn't seen that this "fix" has been posted yet). So what you need to do is attach a photo you've taken and then attach the screenshot. For some reason, it won't compress it to where it would be grainy and blurry. Then you can just remove the first photo. Kind of a pain since it takes an extra step but it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781