Google Nav crashing since jb update

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh. I wish I would have read this before updating.

Google Maps and Navigation is the application I use the most, next to music. I use it several times a day. I just moved to a different city, so it has been a life-saver for me.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Clear cache and data on the apps. If that doesn't work you can check out my normal signature for the fix. It's painful but it is the best upgrade path.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
hopefully this gets fixed soon, Google nav worked so good before this update. I used telenav last night and the free version has ads -_-. each time Google nav crashed, I sent the error report. Hopefully its not overlooked.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Have not encountered issue. Used Google Navigation everywhere I went for two days.

Maybe give Waze a try? It's free, and sometimes have better traffic re-routing than Google Navigation.

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I may have found a fix, I uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled updates to google maps. I did not open maps portion but only navigation. Also, I did not download any maps for offline use as well. I used the navigation last night for a 40 minute ride to my destination and then home and did not crash or freeze once. Also, if you are worrying about loosing bookmarked places, Google saves them so they will come back along with your recent history. Hopefully this will be a solution until Google/HTC come out with an update. O and the Group photo addition in the camera is really cool!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I may have found a fix, I uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled updates to google maps. I did not open maps portion but only navigation. Also, I did not download any maps for offline use as well. I used the navigation last night for a 40 minute ride to my destination and then home and did not crash or freeze once. Also, if you are worrying about loosing bookmarked places, Google saves them so they will come back along with your recent history. Hopefully this will be a solution until Google/HTC come out with an update. O and the Group photo addition in the camera is really cool!

That happens with a lot of apps on an OS update, but first I've heard of with a Google app. My fingers are crossed for those of you with this issue.

shakerpm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having this same issue. Since JB update. It's making me crazy. The S3 (ATT) just keeps searching for the GPS. No navigation. But it gives me a directions list. And can see Traffic. What the hell? I've done everything suggested here except a hard reset.

Also...my customized windows/screen folders disappeared today. Arggghhhh..

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
For those looking for an alternative until Google gets this figured out... Waze works but I would only trust it for major cities. Their maps can be pretty bad if you a travel through an area that doesn't have a good maintainer. I may have to try Telnav again, bah.

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
For those looking for an alternative until Google gets this figured out... Waze works but I would only trust it for major cities. Their maps can be pretty bad if you a travel through an area that doesn't have a good maintainer. I may have to try Telnav again, bah.

I never use google nav, but I tried it today and mine freezes also. Doesnt matter to me cuz I'm a Waze guy anyway though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I used it today quite a lot, no issues here. What made it so much better is that voice commands are way improved, pretty darn accurate. I don't even have to touch my phone now. My car has a 8" display hooked up with HTC Media Link HD, everything is working beautifully. Best part about media link is that it doesn't affect the quality if sound unlike BT A2DP, sense make my car dash look beautiful.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay