Google Nav crashing since jb update

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Google navigation works beautifully for me now. Used it a few times with no problems in fact everything seems more stable.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

marksr

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Finally got a chance to use nav for first time since last week's update- strangely enough "maps" crashes, but Nav still runs, i.e. the program closes with a "maps has stopped running" error report, but voice turn by turn still continues as if nothing happened.
By the way, I also have an S3 on Verizon running JB- google nav works fine (as does Waze, Telenav etc on my Evo4GLTE. makes no sense to this layman).
Mark

Oh BTW, workaround mentioned above doesn't help me, I'm already in 2D.

Last edited:

zqual

May 23, 2012
Visit site
NEW UPDATE TO GOOGLE MAPS!! Grab it today before its GONE! keep your fingers crossed that its a fix! Sound off results.

boo5ted

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
the update didn't fix jack for me.

6383150201_705ff22694_n.jpg

captain_dl

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No luck with the Google update for me either. I was thrilled when I saw there was an update, but bummed when I still got the maps crash.

boo5ted

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I've restarted they phone since the update, been browsing maps and it has not stopped yet. Haven't used nav yet, will update tomorrow with some testing.

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I've restarted they phone since the update, been browsing maps and it has not stopped yet. Haven't used nav yet, will update tomorrow with some testing.

Maps without "navigating" I've never had a problem with. Navigation in 3D is what has been crashing for me (since the update update to JellyBean). I rebooted last night, and tried Navigation again today a couple of times. Each time, Navigation froze up/crashed in 3D, but continues to work in 2D. The update didn't improve anything for me, but at least 2D works. Stinks that I got my hopes up with the update....I guess the wait continues.....

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I actually had my phone swapped out which fixed one problem, but then another problem crept in (mic wouldn't work with speaker phone on) so after a total of 3 or 4 replacement phones over the past 14+ months, the carrier let me swap to a Samsung Galaxy 3. Personally I think the Evo had a better build quality to it, but right now all I want is to stop dealing with hardware/software issues every several months. Hopefully they fare better with the HTC One, but only time will tell.

ginglish

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been thinking that my 3G is reception is getting weak and have started droping a few calls where I did not use to, so am considering an insurance swap.
ANYONE have luck with a new phone or refurb not having this Naviagtion Crash problem? If there's a chance, it might tip me over to the swap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae