Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Default Google Nav crashing since jb update

Major problem with Google nav. Freezes and crashes since update. Also Google maps is not working very smoothly.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Nav crashing since jb update

I'm getting that too. Thought it was just me
    If the women don't find you handsome,they should at least find you handy.

Maybe we should start a apps that don't work thread after JB update Engadget isn't being too friendly either

Sent from my EVO
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Did you guys do a wipe on the apps?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

Uh oh. I wish I would have read this before updating.

Google Maps and Navigation is the application I use the most, next to music. I use it several times a day. I just moved to a different city, so it has been a life-saver for me.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Clear cache and data on the apps. If that doesn't work you can check out my normal signature for the fix. It's painful but it is the best upgrade path.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I have Sygic as a back up for navigation and TeleNav GPS Navigator works well and its free in the play store.
    If the women don't find you handsome,they should at least find you handy.

hopefully this gets fixed soon, Google nav worked so good before this update. I used telenav last night and the free version has ads -_-. each time Google nav crashed, I sent the error report. Hopefully its not overlooked.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piizzadude View Post
    Did you guys do a wipe on the apps?

Wiped, Factory Reset. Still crashing. Maybe a google update to the Maps app needed?

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Have not encountered issue. Used Google Navigation everywhere I went for two days.

Maybe give a try? It's free, and sometimes have better traffic re-routing than Google Navigation.

I may have found a fix, I uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled updates to google maps. I did not open maps portion but only navigation. Also, I did not download any maps for offline use as well. I used the navigation last night for a 40 minute ride to my destination and then home and did not crash or freeze once. Also, if you are worrying about loosing bookmarked places, Google saves them so they will come back along with your recent history. Hopefully this will be a solution until Google/HTC come out with an update. O and the Group photo addition in the camera is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by zqual View Post
    I may have found a fix, I uninstalled google maps and then reinstalled updates to google maps. I did not open maps portion but only navigation. Also, I did not download any maps for offline use as well. I used the navigation last night for a 40 minute ride to my destination and then home and did not crash or freeze once. Also, if you are worrying about loosing bookmarked places, Google saves them so they will come back along with your recent history. Hopefully this will be a solution until Google/HTC come out with an update. O and the Group photo addition in the camera is really cool!
    That happens with a lot of apps on an OS update, but first I've heard of with a Google app. My fingers are crossed for those of you with this issue.

I am having this same issue. Since JB update. It's making me crazy. The S3 (ATT) just keeps searching for the GPS. No navigation. But it gives me a directions list. And can see Traffic. What the hell? I've done everything suggested here except a hard reset.

Also...my customized windows/screen folders disappeared today. Arggghhhh..

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

I have been experiencing the same thing and I tried a factory reset without success.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

For those looking for an alternative until Google gets this figured out... Waze works but I would only trust it for major cities. Their maps can be pretty bad if you a travel through an area that doesn't have a good maintainer. I may have to try Telnav again, bah.

Quote Originally Posted by fergus420 View Post
    For those looking for an alternative until Google gets this figured out... Waze works but I would only trust it for major cities. Their maps can be pretty bad if you a travel through an area that doesn't have a good maintainer. I may have to try Telnav again, bah.
    I never use google nav, but I tried it today and mine freezes also. Doesnt matter to me cuz I'm a Waze guy anyway though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Google just pushed a maps update, let's hope this fixes it.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Yea I have the same problem.

I used it today quite a lot, no issues here. What made it so much better is that voice commands are way improved, pretty darn accurate. I don't even have to touch my phone now. My car has a 8" display hooked up with HTC Media Link HD, everything is working beautifully. Best part about media link is that it doesn't affect the quality if sound unlike BT A2DP, sense make my car dash look beautiful.

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Maps update didn't fix it. I still get a crash if starting Google Nav from Maps.

Yup, still not working after update :-(
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

+1 no work after update.
    Read article today that said Google Maps on IOS better then on Android. I used Google Maps on friends Iphone since the 3 up to the current 5 and google Maps is smoother and seems more polished on IOS. Bums me out as a dedicated Android user.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

Tried using it a little today. It seemed to work in the "regular Mode view" but I like to use the satellite view and it crashed all the time in Satellite View.

The Telenav / Maps application continually crashes on me. Prior to the maps update yesterday Navigation crashed every 30 seconds as opposed to crashing every 3 minutes now. You can imagine how frustrated this was for me as I left from KC to Chicago for a honeymoon this past weekend and I had no navigation support. Not that I needed help getting there, or that the phone can actually pick up and lock onto a signal in the sea of concrete and steel superstructures, but there were times I could have used it.

This really was and still is disappointing, that a major update screwed up like this so badly on a stock (un-rooted) phone.

I guess I'll try to reset to factory defaults in a day or two... not that I relish the idea of rebuilding the pone from scratch....

David

Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ#AC View Post
    The Telenav / Maps application continually crashes on me.

David
    Which one, Google Nav, or Telenav? Because if Google Nav is the one that youre having problems with then you can try Telenav... I haven't had any problems witb that one or Waze. It's just been the Google Nav thats been useless.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast