1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

Default Anyone else's phone unusable now?

My jelly bean update seemed to be perfect, until late last night. I was using Nova launcher and the phone kept switching between the home screen and the preview screen on its own without me touching any buttons. Over and over and over. Then it would load the media link page, which I've never pressed. Once it loads that page, it essentially freezes. You can't restart the phone in the normal fashion to clear the freeze. You have to long hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to reboot the phone. I switched to Sense, thinking maybe the problem was with Nova. Nope. Same thing on Sense. Constant crashes. Can't watch video, won't keep apps open. I was excited this morning to see a notification in the bar that an update was available for the phone. Thought maybe HTC pushed a fix overnight. I selected the notification from the pull down menu and it took me to a webpage, but then Sense crashed and took me back to the home screen before I could press whatever I needed to press for the update. Now, I can't get back to that page, and checking for updates through settings/system updates shows no updates are available. So I dunno. I guess I head to the Sprint store today and see if they can figure it out.

Default Re: Anyone else's phone unusable now?

My phone was completely borked all day yesterday after updating. After doing 3 consecutive hard reboots waiting 5-10 minutes before turning the phone back on things seem to be back to normal. Except for the proximity sensor issue.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I use nova launcher also and haven't experienced any of those issues with the exception of maps and Google navigation crashing. Other then that everything seems to be working quite well.Weird how the update is affecting phones differently. I was actually planning on moving on to the Note II as my Evo has been kinda glitchy and I haven't really been happy with it. So far the Jelly Bean seems to have fixed some of the little issues I have been having and it makes me think I will be keeping the Evo now. I hate that some are having problems as this should be a day of joyous celebration. I love my Evo again.
    If the women don't find you handsome,they should at least find you handy.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

We went the hard reset route. Even with Google backing up contacts and My Backup Pro backing up apps, it'll take me the better part of the day to get everything back to the way it was. We'll see how it goes.

Actually, I find my phone to be more usable

SENT FROM MY JELLYBEAN EATING EVO!

Mine is. I can't even get into my phone.
    Every time I go to enter my pin it says "Sorry, Gingerbread Keyboard has stopped working."

Yep. Mine is unusable and so far unfixable. I got the update to Jelly Bean on the 13th when it first started and since then my phone has essentially become useless. The touch screen will function temporarily but after a little bit of the screen being on it will cease to function and I cannot do anything. Whenever I do a sim battery pull it works again for a little while and then stops once again. I'll still get text messages and calls the phone doesn't freeze per say I just can't use the touch screen. I have done multiple hard reboots (with Fast Boot off) and a few hard resets. Still nothing.

I've been reading over all these threads and so far I haven't heard about anybody out there having the same problem... Can y'all think of anything to help me?