Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Battery after JB

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNeil View Post
    I would love to see what your settings are and what your normal daily usage is.
    Today was a light day and 8 hours of that was with the phone idle while I was sleeping. All my settings are normal except I turned off the connection optimizer. I also spent a lot of time on wifi today

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for sharing this.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Thank you for sharing this.

Np I got to thinking posting that would show I didn't charge it at all today. I'll take another one at 2% and see what I can max it out at.

Since the jellybean update my battery life is horrible and I have the same use as always . Have tried everything but nothing seems to help .
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwb3838 View Post
    Since the jellybean update my battery life is horrible and I have the same use as always . Have tried everything but nothing seems to help .
    Everything? You are sure about that?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I had an app using over 35% of my battery at I hadn't even used since the update.

It was Poynt. I deleted it and downloaded it again and it seems to be behaving itself now. Worked for that app so might work for others. Unless its something native like the camera app of course. Good luck deleting that lol

Disable Automatic Connections and that should help your battery...

Putting in on the charger for the night got a long day in the morning and need a full charge. So here is my final battery shot at 7%

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    I had an app using over 35% of my battery at I hadn't even used since the update.

It was Poynt. I deleted it and downloaded it again and it seems to be behaving itself now. Worked for that app so might work for others. Unless its something native like the camera app of course. Good luck deleting that lol
    Same here!

Battery life noticeably declined after the update. I looked at my usage at the end of the day, and Poynt's usage was 57%, despite the fact that I hadn't used it in months. Uninstalled, will see how that affects things.

If you guys are having battery issue since JB, sorry to hear, I still get all day long..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1355639755845.jpg  

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

My bookmarks widget used 9% ans I have it diabled...what? O.o
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Battery life has actually improved for me since Jellybean. I will say I disabled the connection optimizer and I ditched Google Chrome in favor of Firefox. That has made all the difference.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE! Android Central Forums
    :: Sent from my HTC One ::

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

FYI We..
    The first full day that I was on jelly bean, Battery was terrible.. Only time ever since launch day that my battery actually ran out on me.. Recharged completely over night.. And yesterday battery was as good a its ever been.. Which has been great for me :-)

First day with a a full overnight charge. Will let you know.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Haven't used Maps in 2 days, and it's using majority of my battery.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1355680516688.jpg  
    Marine wives are like diamonds, they are brilliant and tough

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Everything? You are sure about that?
    I went through Google now and cut a lot of things I don't use off and that seem to help a lot .

Turn off location sharing within Google Now. It will help big time.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

Turn off location sharing within Google Now. It will help big time.

I think it's called location history, no? I turned mine off yesterday and seeing a lot better battery life today.

Yes! Sorry, got them mixed up. But yes, that is correct.

Yes finally 24 hours a battery life is back I thought it wouldn't happen again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1355699544621.jpg  

The first 2 days of JB my battery seemed to drain faster then normal. Since then it seems to have settled back down. Though I do not know why Internet is using so much battery I hardly use it and it never shows up as a running app

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1355702764137.jpg  

Yeah my battery life has been noticeably worse since the update... but not HORRIBLE... I could easily go 24 hours on a single charge before the update and now I am at 14 hours and at 20% remaining... When hooked up to WiFi at home and work I have had my battery last 48 hours on a single charge (usually take it off Saturday morning and have to plug it back up Monday morning at work) I have disabled the automatic connections... I also noticed (and don't remember) but Domestic Data was not checked.... Domestic Voice was but not Domestic Data.. Not sure if that is suppose to be checked (I assume so) or unchecked???? I don't have a ton of Apps downloaded... When it comes to games and things like that I have my Nexus 7 for that... So for the most part I am only using Facebook, Chrome, Google+, my Banking App, Keyring, Twitter and that is it (on my phone) I actually rarely even use the "PHONE" part of the phone.. Texting way more than actually making or receiving phone calls.... Well I guess I will see if disabling auto connection helps any.. All I can say is it's still 100 times better than my original EVO that was rooted....
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    I also noticed (and don't remember) but Domestic Data was not checked.... Domestic Voice was but not Domestic Data.. Not sure if that is suppose to be checked (I assume so) or unchecked???
    Domestic Data Roaming
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

Battery after JB-2012-12-17_12-27-03.pngBattery after JB-2012-12-17_12-27-10.png

After letting my battery drain all the way down until it turned off I gave it a full charge and noticed much better results. For this sample I was on wifi and the optimizer was turned off.

I don't know how people go so long without their screen on. Just my opinion but I didn't go out and get this phone specifically, not to use it. Unless I'm just crazy busy with other things there's no way I'll ever get near 2 days of battery life
    Mikey47, balansboy and sasha like this.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast