Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Default Re: Battery after JB

After reset

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1356301172767.jpg  

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    Battery life after Jelly Bean.

Well at 1st, wretched! Now that nearly a week has gone by and I've disabled a lot of unnecessary featuresof Google Now, it's finally starting to level off. But I'm still using the "power save" mode all the time so we shall see how things progress. I have a feeling that with settings set correctly we will all be ok in the end.

Now just a patch to fix this proximity sensor...
    I've found the battery saver to use more battery when enabled, so I just leave it unchecked.

Trya factory reset it work for me

Quote Originally Posted by biggdogg9 View Post
    Trya factory reset it work for me

Has anyone else tried this will success? I'm willing to try if it does help.

What do u have to lose

Sent from my KFTT using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #131  

Yay!! My battery is back to ICS like life.

What did it take? Unfortunately it took a factory reset. (Note: I did not intend to do a reset, but had a little too much to drink on Christmas and apparently entered my password incorrectly 11 times and my device was reset for me )

It's all good thought, would have been chicken to do it sober .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1356668281785.jpg   Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1356668292361.jpg  

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    What app is that for battery info

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    It was the built in app.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    It was the built in app.
    It's gone after 4.1

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    It's gone after 4.1

I'm on the newest OTA and that's what I used. Settings>Power>History and it brings up the graph.

I have done a few runs of testing after the JB update and it seems the battery saver uses more battery...umm...by a lot! Makes no sense. Before JB I was getting 4 days (yes I am a light user) and dropped to 3 after initial JB install then enabled battery saver and it dropped to 2. Had to do a simulated battery pull yesterday day on what was to be my last official test and was at around 3 days and the sim pull reset my counter to 1 day so trying it again and I am pretty sure I can squeeze out 4 days.

I haven't noticed any proximity issues like so many others have mentioned since update but it has always had issues with the proximity sensor release but I find it has to do with smudges in sensor area. One thing I had major issues with was the "three finger gesture" thing...when calling voice mails it would activate the "media link HD" and interupt me listening to voice mails. I guess my cheek was detected at a three finger gesture and it began searching for devices. It also did this during voice calls but not as much...had to disable three finger out put totally.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    I'm on the newest OTA and that's what I used. Settings>Power>History and it brings up the graph.
    Thanks

I did a factory reset three days ago, and I have noticed no improvement in battery life. Today for example, after fully charging my phone overnight,, my battery was at 91% after just 46 minutes! This is with Google Now disabled. Auto synch off. Auto brightness, and other battery saving tips. I'm probably an average user. No games. Few videos. Mostly Internet and emails.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edilee012 View Post
    I have done a few runs of testing after the JB update and it seems the battery power saver [mode] uses more battery...umm...by a lot! Makes no sense
    I have no idea why they wasted their time implementing that stupid power saver mode in the first place. We didn't need it. And putting that damn permanent notification in there has really irritated a lot of people.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I have no idea why they wasted their time implementing that stupid power saver mode in the first place. We didn't need it. And putting that damn permanent notification in there has really irritated a lot of people.
    Out of everything they changed this is definitely the one that made me scratch my head and ask, "Why the hell did they do that" the most. It doesn't bother me much but it definitely makes no sense to think that people would permanently want that there. Same goes for the Beats Audio icon too(though that could be being forced for their marketing for Beats)

I don't so much mind the beats thing because it's only there when I listen to music and I do use it, but couldn't agree more with the power saver argument. Eye sore.

Really good battery life after JB love it

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery after JB-uploadfromtaptalk1357259463114.jpg  

Not to be labor the point, but I do think battery life has taken a huge hit after the update. I have followed a bunch of the advice and nothing yet, no improvement. And I did the factory reset a few times as well. The latest is turning off Google Now which has been disappointing anyway, so what's the point of leaving it on? Notifications don't pop up for the items selected so what's the point? And if the phone dies in 8 hours of low usage its not quite worth it. We'll see if that makes a difference.

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,409 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by henryfool3 View Post
    Not to be labor the point, but I do think battery life has taken a huge hit after the update. I have followed a bunch of the advice and nothing yet, no improvement. And I did the factory reset a few times as well. The latest is turning off Google Now which has been disappointing anyway, so what's the point of leaving it on? [...] We'll see if that makes a difference.
    It very likely will because most problems of battery life are pointed at only the location history setting being "on"; and Google [Spy] Now turns it on by default when it is activated. You can turn it off and leave Now on if you want, however.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I would say Google Now is the issue.. When on ICS and i installed Google now i seen a big difference in battery drain. once i unistalled it my battery went back to normal

I've had location history off the whole time. Changed that setting right away. Been following the threads and making adjustments. With the same settings and usage for the most part as before on ics, my battery life is not even close. I used to take it off the charger at 10pm and make it a solid 24 hours, now I'm lucky to get about half. If it was just sitting overnight I'd barely lose battery, maybe 1 or 2 percent, now it's 10 to 12. And with Google now off, first night, lost 12 percent overnight. At this point, it's just disappointing.

I'm still waiting to hear from 1 person with bad battery life that did a hard reset, did not install any apps, ran their phones for a few days, and still have horrible battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear from 1 person with bad battery life that did a hard reset, did not install any apps, ran their phones for a few days, and still have horrible battery life.
    I started with a clean phone before the update, did the update, did a reset, and then slowly started adding apps and my battery life is far from stellar.

I don't think you are going to find many people willing to not install any apps for days, and the type of people who are willing to do that are the type of people who hardly use their phones anyways and already get great battery life because of that
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

BetterBatteryStats from the play store is a good place to start. it will at least point you in the direction of what is using the battery, im sure something is causing a wakelock

Anyone have any idea what could be causing "Android OS" to be kept awake for over an hour? I also installed System Monitor and it only confirmed that "system" was using my battery, but no more details beyond that.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

I installed GSam about a week or two ago to check what was waking my phone constantly. While my screen is off(probably an average of 35-40 minutes per hour), Maps(I'm assuming for Google Now) wakes my phone an average of 75 times an hour for an average time held awake around 7 minutes. That is just a bit ridiculous and I wonder if it is supposed to be running like that or just a glitch that needs to be worked out. I have observed this both on the stock JB ROM and MeanBean.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast