Battery after JB

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has actually improved for me since Jellybean. I will say I disabled the connection optimizer and I ditched Google Chrome in favor of Firefox. That has made all the difference.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE! ? Android Central Forums

marksr

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
FYI We..
The first full day that I was on jelly bean, Battery was terrible.. Only time ever since launch day that my battery actually ran out on me.. Recharged completely over night.. And yesterday battery was as good a its ever been.. Which has been great for me :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Haven't used Maps in 2 days, and it's using majority of my battery.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355680516688.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355680516688.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 59

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes finally 24 hours a battery life is back I thought it wouldn't happen again

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355699544621.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355699544621.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 47

kornfan-87

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The first 2 days of JB my battery seemed to drain faster then normal. Since then it seems to have settled back down. Though I do not know why Internet is using so much battery I hardly use it and it never shows up as a running app

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355702764137.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355702764137.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 58

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah my battery life has been noticeably worse since the update... but not HORRIBLE... I could easily go 24 hours on a single charge before the update and now I am at 14 hours and at 20% remaining... When hooked up to WiFi at home and work I have had my battery last 48 hours on a single charge (usually take it off Saturday morning and have to plug it back up Monday morning at work) I have disabled the automatic connections... I also noticed (and don't remember) but Domestic Data was not checked.... Domestic Voice was but not Domestic Data.. Not sure if that is suppose to be checked (I assume so) or unchecked???? I don't have a ton of Apps downloaded... When it comes to games and things like that I have my Nexus 7 for that... So for the most part I am only using Facebook, Chrome, Google+, my Banking App, Keyring, Twitter and that is it (on my phone) I actually rarely even use the "PHONE" part of the phone.. Texting way more than actually making or receiving phone calls.... Well I guess I will see if disabling auto connection helps any.. All I can say is it's still 100 times better than my original EVO that was rooted....

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
2012-12-17_12-27-03.png2012-12-17_12-27-10.png

After letting my battery drain all the way down until it turned off I gave it a full charge and noticed much better results. For this sample I was on wifi and the optimizer was turned off.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how people go so long without their screen on. Just my opinion but I didn't go out and get this phone specifically, not to use it. Unless I'm just crazy busy with other things there's no way I'll ever get near 2 days of battery life

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how people go so long without their screen on. Just my opinion but I didn't go out and get this phone specifically, not to use it. Unless I'm just crazy busy with other things there's no way I'll ever get near 2 days of battery life

Same thing here man. I was never much of a phone user until I got this one. There's so much I do with it it's pretty much always on.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I know, what's the use of having a smartphone if you're not going to use it. I love screen shots like the one above, if my screen on time was that low I would ask myself why am I paying so much for the service and phone I have.

My goal is to use the device as much as possible, not to see if I can get it to go for 2 days on a single charge by only turning the screen on 15 times just to see what the battery level is at.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I was going into this thread expecting the exact opposite. I had my phone flashed to MeanROM before the update for about a week and then decided to see how HTC did Jellybean and I'm actually getting better battery life after the update than I was able to get on Mean, CM10 or Sense ICS with similar settings. I am even doing the wifi, google now, and google+ backup on wifi still. I wonder why mine is different. I hope everyone can experience what I'm getting now.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I don't get it. I got upset when I first got thsi phone because I wasn't getting nearly the battery life that some were posting about. I'm a heavy user and have it on a lot. Then I started see these kind of posts with screenshots and realized that some were basically leaving their phones idle just to see how long they can go without recharging. After I realized that, I was okay with getting 10 to 12 hours, sometimes more.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Many of us have a job and have to work, or do other things, that do not involve obsessing over the phone. On average, I probably have less than 10 minutes of screen "on" time M-F. Sometimes much more, sometimes a little less. And when I am at home and using the Internet, I will use my main computer with a huge screen and real keyboard, or my Nexus 10 tablet.

Just because some people aren't on it every minute doesn't mean they don't deserve a nice device for the times they do use it....