Battery after JB

wvchapp

May 26, 2010
Visit site
IMO if you have this phone and use it in your car a lot and DO NOT own the car dock, you are doing yourself a huge disservice. It's simple...start car, drop phone into dock, it starts charging, automatically turns the screen on and switches to car mode, automatically connects to bluetooth, and automatically starts playing music once a connection is made. You get the phone, navigation, music, and tune in radio apps on a nicely designed screen with larger icons when using the apps. Not that I condone texting in the car,,, but if need be I even have a profile set up on Tasker that when in car mode if I press the camera button Voice Search launches and I can send a text verbally. You can still launch Google Now in car mode by long pressing home button but it won't automatically launch the microphone like Voice Search does and will require touching the mic icon on the search bar. The car dock is seriously one accessory for a phone I will never do without again. Seriously...it's awesome =).

Does voice dialing through bluetooth work when you're in car mode?

When I'm not in car mode, I press the button on my hand-free set and get prompted for voice dialing. If my phone is in car mode, pressing the hands-free button doesn't initiate voice dialing.

If it worked properly, I'd love to use a doc and car mode!

-Bill

Last edited:

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to hear what other users do while driving. When I am in the car I have my phone connected to my car's blue tooth. I also plug my phone in while driving to preserve battery. That's pretty much the only time I throw it on a charger aside from over night. Do most of you use charger in the car even when your battery isn't low or do you leave unplugged? Just curious. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I don't charge on the car usually because of a combination of battery life being done and generally my trips are too short to make much of a difference.

The exception would be of course a longer trip using navigation, or maybe a Friday of I drove into the city right after work and I'll be out all night with no chance to charge, but that's relatively rare.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Does voice dialing through bluetooth work when you're in car mode?

When I'm not in car mode, I press the button on my hand-free set and get prompted for voice dialing. If my phone is in car mode, pressing the hands-free button doesn't initiate voice dialing.

If it worked properly, I'd love to use a doc and car mode!

-Bill

Hmmmm....good question. I've never really tried it since I'm used to pressing my camera button and it launching Voice Search. I'll tell it who to call from there.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My battery sucks after the update!!! i wish I didn't update.I left it off the charger last night and it drop over 30% in 5 hours I didn't update my wife's phone she could be off the charger for 5 hours and it drops 3 percent so I'm not updating her right now I just turn everything off but I still have a GPS symbol on the top can't seem to get it to turn off

Ivanglez

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems with battery as well. I never really took the time to notice but I wake up I'm the morning with a full charge and after an hour or two its already down 20%. That's without heavy use, I only text and check social media and things like that during those 2 hours. Had anyone found a fix to the battery problem? Please reply I want to know a solution that doesn't resort to a factory reset.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am curious to hear what other users do while driving. When I am in the car I have my phone connected to my car's blue tooth. I also plug my phone in while driving to preserve battery. That's pretty much the only time I throw it on a charger aside from over night. Do most of you use charger in the car even when your battery isn't low or do you leave unplugged? Just curious. Thanks.

I do have it connect automatically in the car via bluetooth- for use with the very rare phone call. Otherwise, I do have a charger in the car, but I rarely ever use it... unless I know I will be using the phone a LOT when I get to my destination which has no charger.

I almost never take the phone out of my briefcase or holster when in the car. It is even rarer I ever use it in the car.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My battery lift is horrible since the update. My usage hasn't changed. I use my phone moderate to heavy, and it's at least twenty percent worse than before.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life after Jelly Bean.

Well at 1st, wretched! Now that nearly a week has gone by and I've disabled a lot of unnecessary featuresof Google Now, it's finally starting to level off. But I'm still using the "power save" mode all the time so we shall see how things progress. I have a feeling that with settings set correctly we will all be ok in the end.

Now just a patch to fix this proximity sensor...

jbrooks544

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I fixed my horrible battery life situation by turning off the power saver in the task bar. Not joking. Like night and day. I got my phone back!

Also did everything else time are supposed to do first, to no avail.

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My phone used to drop 20 percent an hour just did a factory reset now I lost 1 percent in 1 hour try factory reset

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention- when I was talking to that higher-level tech HTC guy I also asked him why "Display" is no longer listed the in battery stats. He said it was integrated into one of the other categories and not listed separately anymore. He didn't know which one, though (which I thought was odd). I suggested it was probably "Android OS". I told him I thought grouping was stupid move, since the display accounts for more power than anything else and grouping things makes it much harder to troubleshoot. He agreed and said he would pass the feedback on.

Note that this is an HTC kludge. Stock Android 4.1 and 4.2 both show Screen separately. On my N10, it is showing 2.5 hours on battery, 59% is screen, 13% is mediaserver (??), 10% is Android System, 5% is Android OS.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Here is mine today. Totally awesome. Google now and optimizer are on. Also, I didn't charge it to full, so it has actually been on this one for longer with a quick plug into the car.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356232028175.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356232028175.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 41

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is mine today. Totally awesome. Google now and optimizer are on. Also, I didn't charge it to full, so it has actually been on this one for longer with a quick plug into the car.

Battery widget reborn helps with sleep mode overnight

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma