1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else having screen loadup really slow after exiting an app/game

It used to take 0-1 second to fully load, now my screen is blank for about 2-3 seconds and another 3-4 to fully load everything after I leave a game or app. This really blows and is annoying to say the least ontop of that alot of crashes when playing certain games.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else having screen loadup really slow after exiting an app/game

That would be a sure sign of low-memory conditions.

phone storage space & ram usage
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Anyone else having screen loadup really slow after exiting an app/game

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    That would be a sure sign of low-memory conditions.

phone storage space & ram usage

So sense is wasting even more of my precious ram?
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,203 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyEvoAce View Post
    So sense is wasting even more of my precious ram?
    Sense, Android 4.1, newer notifications, Google Plus, Google Now, connection optimizer, etc, etc. I doubt it is any one thing. Updates to relatively mature systems rarely keep memory usage the same and very rarely REDUCE memory usage ...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

It used to take 0-1 second to fully load, now my screen is blank for about 2-3 seconds and another 3-4 to fully load everything after I leave a game or app.
    I've had the same problem for a couple of weeks before the update. Acfually before the update, it used to take closer to 10 seconds but Jellybean reduced it to 3 to 5. Its primarily after leaving Google Chrome after using it for more than a few minutes.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I removed some apps and disabled a few that were using up ram in the background and its still loading slowly?? I have anywhere from 150-200ram available at any given time which was the same as before.

I removed some apps and disabled a few that were using up ram in the background and its still loading slowly?? I have anywhere from 150-200ram available at any given time which was the same as before.
    I took off my live wallpaper and the problem stopped for me.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by PayneAether View Post
    I took off my live wallpaper and the problem stopped for me.

I never used or use live wallpaper.

Had the same problem. For me, it was that frickin power saver setting. Turned out it was on even though I never turned it on and it didn't indicate it was on.

Turning (in notification area) power saver ON, waiting a few seconds, then turning OFF took care of it for me. Back to original zip. Hope it works for you.