Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Wink phone storage space & ram usage

Since the update. My phone storage jumped through the roof. Currently I have 4.00/6.29 gb used. If I remember correctly the update was 396mb. Where did the other massive gb download come from? I'm even resorting to moving my apps over to free up memory.

Another thing. Ram usage seems to be high. Before was I averaged 230/240 out of 1024. Now it's showing 750-800 out of the max. Ram that high has cause my navigation to crash a few times. Any clues I could do to this?
    I'm a nerd that can squat 500lbs... seriously
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,683 Global Posts

Default Re: phone storage space & ram usage

Quote Originally Posted by HULKchampion View Post
    Since the update. My phone storage jumped through the roof. Currently I have 4.00/6.29 gb used. If I remember correctly the update was 396mb. Where did the other massive gb download come from? I'm even resorting to moving my apps over to free up memory.
    You mean move your apps over to free up storage. "Memory" is RAM.
    I can't answer the question, since I have not investigated it on my own device yet. But one thing that is possible is that it installed some apps outside of the "ROM" area? Or it triggered updates to apps that were in the "ROM" but now have to reside elsewhere? It might also be reserving more storage space for stuff like "Google Spy" (I mean "Google Plus" ).

Another thing. Ram usage seems to be high. Before was I averaged 230/240 out of 1024. Now it's showing 750-800 out of the max. Ram that high has cause my navigation to crash a few times. Any clues I could do to this?
    I have seen several reports of this. It is quite concerning. I expected the update would use more memory than before and I am fearful that it will negate the gains we made in the last update with multitasking and task switching (which was caused by a low pool of free memory and poor settings/criteria used by HTC/Sense). Damn I wish they had put more memory into this device... it is the ONE real advantage the GS3 has over the Evo LTE.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts

anyone figure this out yet? I have been noticing the same issue, at boot and onward memory shows like 850/1024 constantly, so much so that my memory/ram "cleaner" clears things out 10 times a day.. wasn't like that before. Phone has certainly gotten pretty sluggish.

I'm having the same issue. Show's "other" memory as taking up a huge portion of RAM. I've cleared the cache on all my apps and deleted/moved apps as I could. Shows no more apps as being available to move. What's the "Other" that's taking up the huge partition?

ROM
    Stock-unrooted

This is the OS and Sense if I had to guess
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I have a " what if" question in regards to this topic. What if you changed your launcher, would Sense still be running in the background?

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app