Got the update and now I cant charge only thru USB to computer?

wjbodin3

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Updated earlier today and annoyed at loosing the clock I had for my lock screen and that now the favorites widget is now only in the large size, but what it really concerns me is that I cant find the option that lets me only charge the phone via USB. 95% of the time I don't need to access the phones memory or its SD card when I plug it in I only want to charge it and I have no intention of using HTC sync I would rather manually copy over music and photos.

Anyone able to tell me where I can put it back to USB charge only and be able to not have all this debugging settings come up.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Updated earlier today and annoyed at loosing the clock I had for my lock screen and that now the favorites widget is now only in the large size, but what it really concerns me is that I cant find the option that lets me only charge the phone via USB. 95% of the time I don't need to access the phones memory or its SD card when I plug it in I only want to charge it and I have no intention of using HTC sync I would rather manually copy over music and photos.

Anyone able to tell me where I can put it back to USB charge only and be able to not have all this debugging settings come up.

As far as I know, you can't. And to make matters worse, I can't charge it at all on my main computer although it will on my laptop (before the update, it would charge on either). And even worse than that, NEITHER computer will see it with USB Mass Storage mode anymore, only that stupid MTP stuff.

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed the lack of this option but even though i'm given all the debugging options my phone still charges at the same time

tedh7552

May 31, 2011
Visit site

This! I miss the metal clock with the gears! There's a somewhat similar one but it isn't the same and isn't as good.
I also prefer the default 'charge only' connection setting. I hope it re appears next update.