Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Beats

Is it just me or has whoever determined what sounds good over at the Beats lab lost their mind. IMO this latest version of Beats is the worst one yet. It sounds more like a volume boost than any sort of attempt of making music sound better. It still kills me that they took all those other EQ settings away that we had at launch. The sweetener EQ was awesome!!!!!! It was also a lot easier to change your EQ through the music app on the Car Home screen as opposed to an app from play store. If I could find an old APK for Beats that worked I would sideload it in a heartbeat.

Default Re: HTC Beats

I have a pair of beats tour edition that wont even work on my evo after the jelly bean update!!!! sooo mad right now!!!

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

I thought I lost my mind..it is much louder than before ,but I use Motorola s11 Bluetooth headset and they have a built in equalizer so that does compensate for the sound.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Is it just me or has whoever determined what sounds good over at the Beats lab lost their mind. IMO this latest version of Beats is the worst one yet. It sounds more like a volume boost than any sort of attempt of making music sound better. It still kills me that they took all those other EQ settings away that we had at launch. The sweetener EQ was awesome!!!!!! It was also a lot easier to change your EQ through the music app on the Car Home screen as opposed to an app from play store. If I could find an old APK for Beats that worked I would sideload it in a heartbeat.
    To me, it still sounds the same as the previous Beats... Just louder. Which is a good thing. Ive always loved how it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I noticed it is louder overall, however on my etymotic ear buds, I noticed the bass comes through a little more clearly. These buds are known to have low bass, and with the beats activated, it makes the music sound fuller, without being unpleasant.

I still wish we had all the eq settings from the first version, it's annoying that they decided to take it out. I've been using the Equalizer app I found in the Play store. It has a 4-band customizable eq, plus a number of presets. It doesn't seem to use too much battery power on ICS, but I haven't tested it much since I upgraded to jellybean.