Charging LED bug, jellybean

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I posted this in the jellybean bugs thread when it happened the first time. Now it's happened again, so I'm starting a new thread for it.

After charging my phone fully overnight, when I unplug the charging cable, the notification LED goes from green to red, like when it's charging, and the battery icon in the task bar shows the charging "lightning bolt" icon. I tried re-plugging and unplugging the power, and also killing every app with the task manager, but it the LED and charging icon won'r go away unless I restart.

I don't know if these details matter, but I unplug the cord when the screen is off. I also have had the wifi on overnight, and the power saver option is off. I am also using the charger and cable that came with the phone. I started doing some tests to get some more info. I restarted the phone again to reset the LED and icon. After about an hour, I plugged it back in to charge. The red light came on (as it should when it's charging). I unplugged it again after a few minutes and the red LED turned off, and the battery icon was showing the proper "plain" battery (no charging lightning bolt). I checked the battery level, and it was at 98%. I plugged it in again and waited until the phone fully charged, then unplugged it, and the LED turned off properly and the battery icon is the normal, full, green icon.

So I couldn't replicate the problem yet. The only other thing I can think of is that I was using the MHL adapter right before I plugged it in for the night. Since the MHL adapter now requires the power cable be plugged into it to work, I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it. Since not many people have MHL adapters, it could explain why I haven't seen anybody else have this LED charging problem. I'll try testing that when I get time.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
After charging my phone fully overnight, when I unplug the charging cable, the notification LED goes from green to red, like when it's charging, and the battery icon in the task bar shows the charging "lightning bolt" icon. I tried re-plugging and unplugging the power, and also killing every app with the task manager, but it the LED and charging icon won'r go away unless I restart.

I have never seen that happen on mine.

I don't know if these details matter, but I unplug the cord when the screen is off. I also have had the wifi on overnight, and the power saver option is off. I am also using the charger and cable that came with the phone.

All the same on mine.

So I couldn't replicate the problem yet. The only other thing I can think of is that I was using the MHL adapter right before I plugged it in for the night.

I don't even own an MHL adapter/cable...

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So I didn't use my MHL adapter at all yesterday, and I didn't have the LED problem this morning when I unplugged. Too soon to say if that's definitely the cause, but it seems more likely.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I used my MHL adapter for the first time since the JB update. I watched 2 movies last night from HTC Watch.
After unplugging the adapter my phone, as normal, went out of HDMI mode then a few minutes later while i was checking email the yellow charge led indicator went on and the lightning bold thru the battery icon in the top right corner was there..
First time this issue has arisen.
Powering off the phone, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back on fixed it..

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I used my MHL adapter for the first time since the JB update. I watched 2 movies last night from HTC Watch.
After unplugging the adapter my phone, as normal, went out of HDMI mode then a few minutes later while i was checking email the yellow charge led indicator went on and the lightning bold thru the battery icon in the top right corner was there..
First time this issue has arisen.
Powering off the phone, waiting a few seconds, and turning it back on fixed it..

I have the same issue with my MHL from Monoprice. Hopefully HTC includes this in the upcoming fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma