The Anti complaint jellybean thread.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Let's talk about all the goodness jellybean has brought to our EVO's and leave the complaints out.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Fixed the text paste issue. Now pastes where it should again after prior update.
kb problems outweigh it tho.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Ringtones are fixed! Smooth and fast, Google now is awesome! I actually like the new keyboard! Now the insides matches the the outside in awesomeness!

SENT FROM MY JELLYBEAN EATING EVO!

hogman317

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The best improvement i have immediately noticed is the audio headphone jack volume level. It has increased by 2-3x what it was before. Prior to the update and since purchased me and others i know with the EVO have been complaining about the lack of volume from any source coming from the headphone jack. I use this daily not just for headphones, but also to listen in the car anda portable speaker system. Volume levels have been awful.

I upgraded from the original evo and have been very disappointed with the volume output on the new evo....until Jelly Bean! Prior to update i had it usually turned up to 100%. Now im at 50-60% and its louder than before. I always blamed it on the dre beats audio. Now that they have fixed it, im a very happy camper (even if my proximity sensor is buggy now :)

Thanks HTC

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Definitely found a few quirks and maybe a few bugs but it's just night and day from before. Might have a wifi issue but still working through that. My phone was driving me crazy before the update but if I had to sum up the jb experience so far I would just say it's so nice to have a phone where I can say...It just works!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
also Google now is pretty sweet.

Any tips for getting the most out of google now? The time to work card was nice this morning but so far I've enjoyed it but haven't been blown away and I feel like there's probably more I could get out of it. I have to order a few things online for christmas and I'll be flying a handful of times this month so I should be seeing more good things come up. I'm always up for suggestions though

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I have a new phone! It's very fast. Very snappy. Google now is really awesome. I'm still finding new things here and there. I like the new camera interface... Front facing camera is better.... I use a headphone plug to disable the shutter because when I'm taking pictures of my pets, they flip out with the clicky noise.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Any tips for getting the most out of google now? The time to work card was nice this morning but so far I've enjoyed it but haven't been blown away and I feel like there's probably more I could get out of it. I have to order a few things online for christmas and I'll be flying a handful of times this month so I should be seeing more good things come up. I'm always up for suggestions though

My only advice is that the more you feed it... The better it will be. I'm using it on phone and tablet plus logged into chrome all day and cards have proven very helpful

Jack

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
After I uninstalled an app that worked great on ICS but was giving me issue on JB.....the update has been awesome.

I love being able to hide apps notifications out of the status bar(now I just need to find a way to get rid of the power saver), I love being able to hide apps in the app drawer. Those two changes alone are worth the issues I'm having with my proximity sensor. Not only is Google Now awesome but the decision to access it via long press on the home button is ingenious. The phone is snappier too in comparison to ICS. Gained over 100 points on Quadrant Standard. I'm just now starting to redownload more graphically intense games I had installed before and not only are they running faster but Sense isn't crashing when I exit them anymore. Other personalization stuff they changed doesn't bother me. Between the update and putting a new screen protector on within a weeks time it's like having a new phone.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
After I uninstalled an app that worked great on ICS but was giving me issue on JB.....the update has been awesome.

I love being able to hide apps notifications out of the status bar(now I just need to find a way to get rid of the power saver), I love being able to hide apps in the app drawer. Those two changes alone are worth the issues I'm having with my proximity sensor. Not only is Google Now awesome but the decision to access it via long press on the home button is ingenious. The phone is snappier too in comparison to ICS. Gained over 100 points on Quadrant Standard. I'm just now starting to redownload more graphically intense games I had installed before and not only are they running faster but Sense isn't crashing when I exit them anymore. Other personalization stuff they changed doesn't bother me. Between the update and putting a new screen protector on within a weeks time it's like having a new phone.
There is a way of getting rid of the power saver on the notification bar but I'm not sure how lol when I 1st upgraded to jelly bean it was there all the time and I hated it. The next day my phone broke and I got a replacement I updated the replacement to jelly bean and oddly enough I've never seen the power saver on the notification bar, I haven't even turned it on because I'm scared if I do it might stay there again

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I have a new phone! It's very fast. Very snappy. Google now is really awesome. I'm still finding new things here and there. I like the new camera interface... Front facing camera is better.... I use a headphone plug to disable the shutter because when I'm taking pictures of my pets, they flip out with the clicky noise.

I agree with all of that. Google Now is great. I havent actually Typed a text message in 3 days.

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
There is a way of getting rid of the power saver on the notification bar but I'm not sure how lol when I 1st upgraded to jelly bean it was there all the time and I hated it. The next day my phone broke and I got a replacement I updated the replacement to jelly bean and oddly enough I've never seen the power saver on the notification bar, I haven't even turned it on because I'm scared if I do it might stay there again
Man that would be great if there was a way to turn that off....if you find out how you did it, let us know please.

AetherJones

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Oh and being able to turn off the lock screen is a good thing too. LOVE that.
(SwiftKey is too smart for its own good... The only word i typed in that first sentence was "oh".)