Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The Anti complaint jellybean thread.

Let's talk about all the goodness jellybean has brought to our EVO's and leave the complaints out.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    FaisDogg likes this.

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Default Re: The Anti complaint jellybean thread.

Ill list the obvious, GOOGLE NOW!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by flyer8493 View Post
    Ill list the obvious, GOOGLE NOW!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Better quadrant and responsiveness than my buddy with the gs3

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    zmann likes this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Let's talk about all the goodness jellybean has brought to our EVO's and leave the complaints out.
    What was wrong with just using THIS thread?: Improvements since Jelly Bean update
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Fixed the text paste issue. Now pastes where it should again after prior update.
    kb problems outweigh it tho.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Glad to have that contact issue fixed,, also Google now is pretty sweet.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:

Feels like a brand new phone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:

Glad to have that contact issue fixed,, also Google now is pretty sweet.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    You can't like a comment more than once, but LIKE!!
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.

Ringtones are fixed! Smooth and fast, Google now is awesome! I actually like the new keyboard! Now the insides matches the the outside in awesomeness!

SENT FROM MY JELLYBEAN EATING EVO!

The best improvement i have immediately noticed is the audio headphone jack volume level. It has increased by 2-3x what it was before. Prior to the update and since purchased me and others i know with the EVO have been complaining about the lack of volume from any source coming from the headphone jack. I use this daily not just for headphones, but also to listen in the car anda portable speaker system. Volume levels have been awful.

I upgraded from the original evo and have been very disappointed with the volume output on the new evo....until Jelly Bean! Prior to update i had it usually turned up to 100%. Now im at 50-60% and its louder than before. I always blamed it on the dre beats audio. Now that they have fixed it, im a very happy camper (even if my proximity sensor is buggy now

Thanks HTC
    sasha and TonyLibations like this.

Definitely found a few quirks and maybe a few bugs but it's just night and day from before. Might have a wifi issue but still working through that. My phone was driving me crazy before the update but if I had to sum up the jb experience so far I would just say it's so nice to have a phone where I can say...It just works!

also Google now is pretty sweet.
    Any tips for getting the most out of google now? The time to work card was nice this morning but so far I've enjoyed it but haven't been blown away and I feel like there's probably more I could get out of it. I have to order a few things online for christmas and I'll be flying a handful of times this month so I should be seeing more good things come up. I'm always up for suggestions though

I feel like I have a new phone! It's very fast. Very snappy. Google now is really awesome. I'm still finding new things here and there. I like the new camera interface... Front facing camera is better.... I use a headphone plug to disable the shutter because when I'm taking pictures of my pets, they flip out with the clicky noise.

"Paint to live. Live to paint."
    Thanked by 2:
    Rsximporter99 and zmann like this.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Any tips for getting the most out of google now? The time to work card was nice this morning but so far I've enjoyed it but haven't been blown away and I feel like there's probably more I could get out of it. I have to order a few things online for christmas and I'll be flying a handful of times this month so I should be seeing more good things come up. I'm always up for suggestions though

My only advice is that the more you feed it... The better it will be. I'm using it on phone and tablet plus logged into chrome all day and cards have proven very helpful

Jack

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    zmann likes this.

After I uninstalled an app that worked great on ICS but was giving me issue on JB.....the update has been awesome.

I love being able to hide apps notifications out of the status bar(now I just need to find a way to get rid of the power saver), I love being able to hide apps in the app drawer. Those two changes alone are worth the issues I'm having with my proximity sensor. Not only is Google Now awesome but the decision to access it via long press on the home button is ingenious. The phone is snappier too in comparison to ICS. Gained over 100 points on Quadrant Standard. I'm just now starting to redownload more graphically intense games I had installed before and not only are they running faster but Sense isn't crashing when I exit them anymore. Other personalization stuff they changed doesn't bother me. Between the update and putting a new screen protector on within a weeks time it's like having a new phone.

LTE Connectivity FIXED!!! this one is the greatest of all

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    After I uninstalled an app that worked great on ICS but was giving me issue on JB.....the update has been awesome.

I love being able to hide apps notifications out of the status bar(now I just need to find a way to get rid of the power saver), I love being able to hide apps in the app drawer. Those two changes alone are worth the issues I'm having with my proximity sensor. Not only is Google Now awesome but the decision to access it via long press on the home button is ingenious. The phone is snappier too in comparison to ICS. Gained over 100 points on Quadrant Standard. I'm just now starting to redownload more graphically intense games I had installed before and not only are they running faster but Sense isn't crashing when I exit them anymore. Other personalization stuff they changed doesn't bother me. Between the update and putting a new screen protector on within a weeks time it's like having a new phone.
    There is a way of getting rid of the power saver on the notification bar but I'm not sure how lol when I 1st upgraded to jelly bean it was there all the time and I hated it. The next day my phone broke and I got a replacement I updated the replacement to jelly bean and oddly enough I've never seen the power saver on the notification bar, I haven't even turned it on because I'm scared if I do it might stay there again

Quote Originally Posted by taniapomales View Post
    I feel like I have a new phone! It's very fast. Very snappy. Google now is really awesome. I'm still finding new things here and there. I like the new camera interface... Front facing camera is better.... I use a headphone plug to disable the shutter because when I'm taking pictures of my pets, they flip out with the clicky noise.

I agree with all of that. Google Now is great. I havent actually Typed a text message in 3 days.

taniabonita52 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nathy321 View Post
    There is a way of getting rid of the power saver on the notification bar but I'm not sure how lol when I 1st upgraded to jelly bean it was there all the time and I hated it. The next day my phone broke and I got a replacement I updated the replacement to jelly bean and oddly enough I've never seen the power saver on the notification bar, I haven't even turned it on because I'm scared if I do it might stay there again
    Man that would be great if there was a way to turn that off....if you find out how you did it, let us know please.

Oh and being able to turn off the lock screen is a good thing too. LOVE that.
    (SwiftKey is too smart for its own good... The only word i typed in that first sentence was "oh".)

sasha likes this.

HTC media link HD performance is buttery smooth with no lag, hiccups, or buffering. I also did media link firmware upgrade. Extremely happy now. Supports 1080p flawlessly.
    I used it today quite a lot, no issues here. What made it so much better is that voice commands are way improved, pretty darn accurate. I don't even have to touch my phone now. My car has a 8" display hooked up with HTC Media Link HD, everything is working beautifully. Best part about media link is that it doesn't affect the quality if sound unlike BT A2DP, sense make my car dash look beautiful.

TonyLibations likes this.

I'm loving Google Now really nifty to have and I'm also loving the touch to capture option on the camera my pictures are actually in focus again.

23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by AetherJones View Post
    I agree with all of that. Google Now is great. I havent actually Typed a text message in 3 days.

How do you text with Google now?

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.

How do you text with Google now?

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    When the voice prompt come up say: "Text" contact name; "Message" body of your message.

Sometimes you don't even have to say message.
    Thanked by 2:
    BigDinCA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherJones View Post
    Oh and being able to turn off the lock screen is a good thing too. LOVE that.
    YES this too. I had an app that allowed me to bypass the screen but with this function built in that's just one less program I need running on my phone. =)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast