Jelly bean or wait for root?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well my EVO was rooted but it got smashed at work. My local store (which I praise) was able to give me a new one FREE OF CHARGE. Issue is that its version 2.13 and I'm not quite sure how to root 2.13 yet

Now jellybean is available for update my question is should I wait till I root first? Or should I take the update and wait for root to be re achieved?

Please help

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well my EVO was rooted but it got smashed at work. My local store (which I praise) was able to give me a new one FREE OF CHARGE. Issue is that its version 2.13 and I'm not quite sure how to root 2.13 yet

Now jellybean is available for update my question is should I wait till I root first? Or should I take the update and wait for root to be re achieved

It all depends on how badly you want or need root. (FoxFi no longer works, which could be one factor to consider). It will be interesting to see how long it takes to come up with a root method for the current version, if ever.

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I say go to xda and read up on how to root/soff and get mean bean

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well I've been rooted since a few week's after the og EVO came out. Now no SU or titanium backup, cant swap Roms at will...

This just stinks lol. After a lot of reading about all the issues I think I'll wait a bit