- 457 Posts
Power Saver on JB
Who is using it and who isn't, and do you notice a difference either way. I have finally found the right settings to get what I need out of the phone in a day's use. The settings do not include using power saver. Has anyone seen anything positive or negative to using power saver? Thanks.
- 12-17-2012, 12:06 AM #2Linux: The power beneath
- 1,691 Posts
Re: Power Saver on JB
Battery after JB
One negative thing about it is the damn permanent notification that is extremely irritating. Thanks, HTC, for cluttering our notifications with something SO FREAKING IMPORTANT [NOT] and giving us NO WAY TO NOT LOOK AT IT (yes, this pisses me off).
I personally have no interest in the "Power Saver" because HTC doesn't describe exactly what it does and I detest "settings" and "helper" systems that go behind my back doing secret things to "help" me. I know how to save and conserve battery life with traditional settings. I have no objection to them including some semi "smart" thing for people who don't, I just don't want to be forced to use it (thankfully not the case with this) or forced to LOOK AT IT every day when I have it turned off.Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Provide HTC feedback here: http://www.htc.com/www/contact/email
- 12-17-2012, 12:32 AM #3
- 49 Posts
Re: Power Saver on JB
And for reference I spent about 2 hours listening to Audible and Podkicker and 3 hours doing nothing with my device the power dropped to 71 percent. I used to be able to hover around 85-86 percent after the same amount of time. I used to listen about 5 hours at a time, but this phone would probably die now. It dropped 1 percent every few minutes doing nothing. Power Saver extended the time to about 10 minutes, but that's all.
- By tricia_110407 in forum myTouch 3G SlideReplies: 8Last Post: 08-12-2013, 12:26 AM
- By gbororats in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 26Last Post: 06-29-2011, 12:23 AM
- By Doom4life in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2011, 12:20 AM
- By MJBarnes in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 0Last Post: 03-01-2011, 06:02 PM
- By rustypixel in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 8Last Post: 02-20-2011, 06:42 PM