3rd Party Problem Apps with Jellybean

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread with 3rd party apps you've encountered problems with and exactly what issues they were causing. I'm sure not everyone will have the same issues with the same apps but if you've seen an improvement by uninstalling an app that may need more work done to be optimized for our phones put it here.

Equalizer, by Smart Android Apps, LLC: the app itself kept crashing when changing presets, and when turning the equalizer on and off. When streaming audio over bluetooth and using navigation music skipped constantly, navigation would crash as when voice prompts were spoken, when using a hands-free bluetooth set up using the voice call function from the headset would crash voice dialing. Using Google Now voice recognition would crash. It would also crash when reading a response.

There are some other weird bugs in general I was getting with this app installed but the above mentioned problems could be repeated on command.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
So far I've noticed that Engadget and NFL 2012 (official NFL app) no longer work. Engadget just force closes all the time and NFL 2012 will open but get stuck on the screen that shows you the scores. I did get a Google Music and Navigation crash too.

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been having problems with equalizers too. The one I was using, Equalizer by SA Labs, seemed to cause lockups, specifically when I tried to exit the app while audio was still playing through the BeyondPod podcast app. So Equalizer would lock up, as well as BeyondPod, and I even had Google Play lockup when I selected it next.

I'm trying AnEq free right now, and it seems to be working so far. I was beginning to wonder if the problem was the Beats Audio enhancer, since there's been some changes to it since the update. I noticed you can't disable it like you could in ICS. But the problems could have to do with Jellybean rather than just Beats.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
One I noticed two other people posted on another thread was that Poynt was causing serious battery drain with JB.

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
So far I've been having problems with audio and EQs, either players with EQ or external EQ apps. I get crackling sounds from time to time. I think it might happen whenever data comes in, like with apps that have ads or when I get notifications. Not sure if there's a fix or if this qualifies as a bug, but I never had this problem before the update.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So far I've noticed that Engadget and NFL 2012 (official NFL app) no longer work. Engadget just force closes all the time and NFL 2012 will open but get stuck on the screen that shows you the scores. I did get a Google Music and Navigation crash too.

Had phone freeze problems Mon night and had to factory reset, haven't re installed NFL app yet...thanx for the heads up...wonder if that was my problem?

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Been having problems with maps and nav, I have to shut my screen off as soon as I open the app so that it doesn't force close. Really annoying. That's really the only major issue I have noticed. That didn't happen until after the last maps update though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, mine doesn't. How does it crash?

The alarm didn't go off one morning and there was a failure report to send. Also, my stock alarm does not work consistently. It will sound one note and turn itself completely off.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The alarm didn't go off one morning and there was a failure report to send. Also, my stock alarm does not work consistently. It will sound one note and turn itself completely off.

Crap , mine did three times today. Alarm starts going off then crash...

I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it seems to be working. One big hint before doing this though: backup your alarms and settings first! I forgot and now have to re setup everything.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Crap , mine did three times today. Alarm starts going off then crash...

I uninstalled and reinstalled and now it seems to be working. One big hint before doing this though: backup your alarms and settings first! I forgot and now have to re setup everything.

What clock are you using? Uninstalling the stock clock is not an option on my phone.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I finally got a reply back from Smart Android Apps regarding the issues I was having. Their response....the Sense music player is not supported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12