NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Happy Holidays Everyone,

I have had my LTEvo for a couple of months now, and love it. My wife just got hers a couple of days ago
(via that .99 deal from the Sprint Private Store - ordered it at noon on Monday and had it at 2pm Tuesday)
and she loves it was well. It always takes her longer to upgrade because she fears change, Anyway...

We all have seen the commercials for the S3 where they share photos, videos, playlists, recipes - by
touching the phones together. Of course, we have NFC too and it says right there on the phone (under
Settings > More > NFC) "Allow data exchange when the phone touches another device".

My question is - can we do the file-swapping thing, too? Do we need an extra app? We both snap a
helluva lot of photos/videos of our 3 kids and are always trying to swap them between phones. Bluetooth
is an option, but is flaky. Does anyone have a good solution for swapping files easily?

thanks!

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Before Jelly Bean update we were only able to send small things like contact cards weblinks and map links...i've heard its working for pics since update but I can't confirm...

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
if your both on same wifi, you could use wifi direct too i believe, but since my girl still has an OG Evo i cant confirm this either sorry

briqsay

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I have each have EVO's and we have successfully shared photo's. Just hold the phones together back to back they will vibrate and then on the screen it will show the image your trying to share tap the image on the screen from the sending phone and it will beam it and you will get a notification saying

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I have each have EVO's and we have successfully shared photo's. Just hold the phones together back to back they will vibrate and then on the screen it will show the image your trying to share tap the image on the screen from the sending phone and it will beam it and you will get a notification saying
Awesome.... that's part of Jelly update then, because we couldn't before...

kitster

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OK, just tried with a silicon gel skin on one phone and a harder case on the other and it worked like a charm!

thanks again!

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Happy Holidays Everyone,

I have had my LTEvo for a couple of months now, and love it. My wife just got hers a couple of days ago
(via that .99 deal from the Sprint Private Store - ordered it at noon on Monday and had it at 2pm Tuesday)
and she loves it was well. It always takes her longer to upgrade because she fears change, Anyway...

We all have seen the commercials for the S3 where they share photos, videos, playlists, recipes - by
touching the phones together. Of course, we have NFC too and it says right there on the phone (under
Settings > More > NFC) "Allow data exchange when the phone touches another device".

My question is - can we do the file-swapping thing, too? Do we need an extra app? We both snap a
helluva lot of photos/videos of our 3 kids and are always trying to swap them between phones. Bluetooth
is an option, but is flaky. Does anyone have a good solution for swapping files easily?

thanks!

Yes you can try the app hoccer or bump they both work pretty good I've sent picture and video to my wife iPhone 4 ... You can also send music files to phone as far as I know sending music doesn't work with iPods or iPhone's tried before it tried to make me pay for it ... I even tried it iPod to iPod same result

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kcstrom

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm with two EVO LTEs you can Android Beam pictures, but videos don't work. It just takes the receiving phone to the gallery, but no video. :( It is frustrating since this is one of the features that Google developed that supposedly should be common on devices with NFC (and Bluetooth) running Jelly Bean.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm with two EVO LTEs you can Android Beam pictures, but videos don't work. It just takes the receiving phone to the gallery, but no video. :( It is frustrating since this is one of the features that Google developed that supposedly should be common on devices with NFC (and Bluetooth) running Jelly Bean.

I believe the current issue is that, after the Jelly Bean update, Android Beam uses Bluetooth to transfer larger files, which is still not fast enough for large video files. Google needs to update Android Beam to take advantage of Wi-fi Direct, like Samsung has done with its S Beam feature.