Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    kitster's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

    Default NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    Happy Holidays Everyone,

    I have had my LTEvo for a couple of months now, and love it. My wife just got hers a couple of days ago
    (via that .99 deal from the Sprint Private Store - ordered it at noon on Monday and had it at 2pm Tuesday)
    and she loves it was well. It always takes her longer to upgrade because she fears change, Anyway...

    We all have seen the commercials for the S3 where they share photos, videos, playlists, recipes - by
    touching the phones together. Of course, we have NFC too and it says right there on the phone (under
    Settings > More > NFC) "Allow data exchange when the phone touches another device".

    My question is - can we do the file-swapping thing, too? Do we need an extra app? We both snap a
    helluva lot of photos/videos of our 3 kids and are always trying to swap them between phones. Bluetooth
    is an option, but is flaky. Does anyone have a good solution for swapping files easily?

    thanks!
  2. #2  
    vbockius's Avatar

    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    Before Jelly Bean update we were only able to send small things like contact cards weblinks and map links...i've heard its working for pics since update but I can't confirm...
  3. #3  
    vbockius's Avatar

    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    if your both on same wifi, you could use wifi direct too i believe, but since my girl still has an OG Evo i cant confirm this either sorry
  4. #4  

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    My wife and I have each have EVO's and we have successfully shared photo's. Just hold the phones together back to back they will vibrate and then on the screen it will show the image your trying to share tap the image on the screen from the sending phone and it will beam it and you will get a notification saying
    Thanked by 2:
  5. #5  
    vbockius's Avatar

    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    Quote Originally Posted by briqsay View Post
    My wife and I have each have EVO's and we have successfully shared photo's. Just hold the phones together back to back they will vibrate and then on the screen it will show the image your trying to share tap the image on the screen from the sending phone and it will beam it and you will get a notification saying
    Awesome.... that's part of Jelly update then, because we couldn't before...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    kitster's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    So - what if one or both of us have silicon skins, or small cases?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    kitster's Avatar

    Posts
    83 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    OK, just tried with a silicon gel skin on one phone and a harder case on the other and it worked like a charm!

    thanks again!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    Quote Originally Posted by kitster View Post
    Happy Holidays Everyone,

    I have had my LTEvo for a couple of months now, and love it. My wife just got hers a couple of days ago
    (via that .99 deal from the Sprint Private Store - ordered it at noon on Monday and had it at 2pm Tuesday)
    and she loves it was well. It always takes her longer to upgrade because she fears change, Anyway...

    We all have seen the commercials for the S3 where they share photos, videos, playlists, recipes - by
    touching the phones together. Of course, we have NFC too and it says right there on the phone (under
    Settings > More > NFC) "Allow data exchange when the phone touches another device".

    My question is - can we do the file-swapping thing, too? Do we need an extra app? We both snap a
    helluva lot of photos/videos of our 3 kids and are always trying to swap them between phones. Bluetooth
    is an option, but is flaky. Does anyone have a good solution for swapping files easily?

    thanks!
    Yes you can try the app hoccer or bump they both work pretty good I've sent picture and video to my wife iPhone 4 ... You can also send music files to phone as far as I know sending music doesn't work with iPods or iPhone's tried before it tried to make me pay for it ... I even tried it iPod to iPod same result

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    i've heard its working for pics since update but I can't confirm...
  10. #10  

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    I can confirm with two EVO LTEs you can Android Beam pictures, but videos don't work. It just takes the receiving phone to the gallery, but no video. It is frustrating since this is one of the features that Google developed that supposedly should be common on devices with NFC (and Bluetooth) running Jelly Bean.
  11. #11  
    Glenn's Avatar

    Posts
    394 Posts
    Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

    Default Re: NFC File Sharing between two EVO LTEs?

    Quote Originally Posted by kcstrom View Post
    I can confirm with two EVO LTEs you can Android Beam pictures, but videos don't work. It just takes the receiving phone to the gallery, but no video. It is frustrating since this is one of the features that Google developed that supposedly should be common on devices with NFC (and Bluetooth) running Jelly Bean.
    I believe the current issue is that, after the Jelly Bean update, Android Beam uses Bluetooth to transfer larger files, which is still not fast enough for large video files. Google needs to update Android Beam to take advantage of Wi-fi Direct, like Samsung has done with its S Beam feature.

Similar Threads

  1. transfer files from EVO LTE to computer
    By Exe44 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-27-2012, 01:43 AM
  2. Can you use NFC to share photos EVO LTE to EVO LTE?
    By Technologic 2 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-16-2012, 01:08 AM
  3. Two quick EVO LTE videos I shot last night.
    By sixtyin3 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
  4. MP3rocket file share for Evo 3D?
    By Starman in forum HTC EVO 3D
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 01:22 PM
  5. File sharing?
    By daddy_cool#ac in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 12:30 PM

Posting Permissions

B