No Google Play Music Option in Stock Sense car dock

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I use my EVO in a car dock and use the standard "Car" app. The interface is nice and well designed. Unfortunately, to listen to Google Play Music, I have to use another car app (CarHome Ultra). In the standard car app there's a button for Pandora, TUNEFM, the HTC music player but nothing for the Google Play Music app. Is there a way to get it in there?

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
No. I remember when the phone first launched you could choose to put Google Play Music there but after one of the updates they took the ability away. Only work around I can think of is to turn off auto play from the Car app settings and using a program like Tasker for Android to write a profile to launch Play Music when you press a hardware button while in Car mode.

I and many others have emailed HTC about this and all we get is the standard, "We appreciate the input and will consider adding that functionality in future updates" line.

adz1966

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Try this:
Go into the Music app and there should be a page that shows options for playing your music (My phone, Sprint Music, SoundHound, TuneIn Radio, etc.). Press menu and Add Shortcut. Choose "Google Play Music" then exit. Now open the Car app and swipe right twice. The Play Music app should be there. If you click it, it will appear on the bottom right of the Car home screen. If you switch to another music app (by swiping right twice from Car home screen) the last app used appears on the home screen.
I hope that's pretty clear. Let me know if it works for you.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Try this:
Go into the Music app and there should be a page that shows options for playing your music (My phone, Sprint Music, SoundHound, TuneIn Radio, etc.). Press menu and Add Shortcut. Choose "Google Play Music" then exit. Now open the Car app and swipe right twice. The Play Music app should be there. If you click it, it will appear on the bottom right of the Car home screen. If you switch to another music app (by swiping right twice from Car home screen) the last app used appears on the home screen.
I hope that's pretty clear. Let me know if it works for you.

That's actually a really good idea. I just tried it and added an equalizer to the home screen. I wish I knew this when I bought the phone and car dock at launch. I've been staring at that useless Tune In Radio app for over 6 months lol More people should know about this!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dagold99

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I cant find the menu button in the Car application when I go to the page Music. Where is the Menu button? I would love to add Google Music to the Car App.

iamhephzibah

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I cant find the menu button in the Car application when I go to the page Music. Where is the Menu button? I would love to add Google Music to the Car App.

The menu key is the three dots on the top right corner inside the "music" app.

Your screen should look like my picture (except you don't have the app enabled yet, so the Google Play Music app won't be present.) it's the three dots on the top right.

Sent from Jelly filled EVO

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356496488959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356496488959.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 39

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood