Camera effects gone!

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
My phone died while I was editing a photo in the camera app using 'effects.' After plugging it in, I went back to edit the photo (and tried many others) to find the effects were no longer available. Anyone know how I can get them back? I know there are a bunch of third party apps that are better. I already restarted my phone and did a simulated battery pull. I really don't want to do a hard reset. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by no longer available? Greyed out or missing? You could try clearing cache and data for the camera app.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean by no longer available? Greyed out or missing? You could try clearing cache and data for the camera app.

Not even grayed out. Just not there. I cleared the cache and data. It's still the same. I guess I'll do a factory reset. Too bad that won't fix my proximity sensor probs. Thanks again for the help and Merry Christmas!

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Did a hard reset. Fail. Proximity issue still there, too. Still frustrated :-(

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Weird. So do you not even have access to "lenses" when taking a picture?

crimedog1989

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I can pull up the photo that I want to change the effects. When you have the photo pulled up just tap the screen one time and you should get some options popping up at the bottom of the screen. One of them is "edit", click on that and effects is there. Hope this helps.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I can pull up the photo that I want to change the effects. When you have the photo pulled up just tap the screen one time and you should get some options popping up at the bottom of the screen. One of them is "edit", click on that and effects is there. Hope this helps.

This is what I'm saying: after tapping effects, they aren't there. They should be, but aren't. When the phone's battery died, it must've deleted them. I'm looking for a way to get them back.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
This is where they should be.

Sent from my HTC Flyer

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356651897037.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356651897037.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 36

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to 3.16.651.3.710D this morning and while the proximity sensor problem is fixed (yay!), my camera effects are still missing :( But I've been using other apps like Snapseed since anyway.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Just updated to 3.16.651.3.710D this morning and while the proximity sensor problem is fixed (yay!), my camera effects are still missing :( But I've been using other apps like Snapseed since anyway.

I'm have the same update and I have all of my camera effects.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me or is the camera on this phone below average.. I haven't had any good pictures from my EVO LTE since I had it.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is the camera on this phone below average.. I haven't had any good pictures from my EVO LTE since I had it.

I've had some really amazing photos. I went through and adjusted some settings to make sure they were what I wanted for the situation but over all I find the camera to be one of the best on a phone I've used.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888