Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By usguyver
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera effects gone!

My phone died while I was editing a photo in the camera app using 'effects.' After plugging it in, I went back to edit the photo (and tried many others) to find the effects were no longer available. Anyone know how I can get them back? I know there are a bunch of third party apps that are better. I already restarted my phone and did a simulated battery pull. I really don't want to do a hard reset. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by delthor7; 12-27-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Default Re: Camera effects gone!

Hmmmm, mine are gone too!

What do you mean by no longer available? Greyed out or missing? You could try clearing cache and data for the camera app.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    What do you mean by no longer available? Greyed out or missing? You could try clearing cache and data for the camera app.

Not even grayed out. Just not there. I cleared the cache and data. It's still the same. I guess I'll do a factory reset. Too bad that won't fix my proximity sensor probs. Thanks again for the help and Merry Christmas!

For what it's worth mine are still there. Bob
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Did a hard reset. Fail. Proximity issue still there, too. Still frustrated :-(

Weird. So do you not even have access to "lenses" when taking a picture?

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Weird. So do you not even have access to "lenses" when taking a picture?

I can still access the lenses.

Mine is in the gallery. Tap the photo and press edit. Says crop, effects, rotate right, rotate left.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye99 View Post
    Mine is in the gallery. Tap the photo and press edit. Says crop, effects, rotate right, rotate left.
    I can get here from gallery as well, but after tapping 'effects' there aren't any.

I can pull up the photo that I want to change the effects. When you have the photo pulled up just tap the screen one time and you should get some options popping up at the bottom of the screen. One of them is "edit", click on that and effects is there. Hope this helps.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by crimedog1989 View Post
    I can pull up the photo that I want to change the effects. When you have the photo pulled up just tap the screen one time and you should get some options popping up at the bottom of the screen. One of them is "edit", click on that and effects is there. Hope this helps.

This is what I'm saying: after tapping effects, they aren't there. They should be, but aren't. When the phone's battery died, it must've deleted them. I'm looking for a way to get them back.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

This is where they should be.

Sent from my HTC Flyer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera effects gone!-uploadfromtaptalk1356651897037.jpg  
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Just updated to 3.16.651.3.710D this morning and while the proximity sensor problem is fixed (yay!), my camera effects are still missing But I've been using other apps like Snapseed since anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by delthor7 View Post
    Just updated to 3.16.651.3.710D this morning and while the proximity sensor problem is fixed (yay!), my camera effects are still missing But I've been using other apps like Snapseed since anyway.
    I'm have the same update and I have all of my camera effects.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Mercury81 likes this.

Is it just me or is the camera on this phone below average.. I haven't had any good pictures from my EVO LTE since I had it.
    J

Quote Originally Posted by kmarx View Post
    Is it just me or is the camera on this phone below average.. I haven't had any good pictures from my EVO LTE since I had it.
    I've had some really amazing photos. I went through and adjusted some settings to make sure they were what I wanted for the situation but over all I find the camera to be one of the best on a phone I've used.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE