Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was merely posting real problems the OP should be more concerned about. Oh and the Voicemail thing has nothing to do with the proximity sensor, I will upload a screen shot shortly.

View attachment 54481 (This is what it takes me to when I play a voicemail. Can't back out, can't do anything but wait for it to finish or tap "HOME" which closes the program anyways)

View attachment 54482 (Yes, I've tried tapping on the input field...nothing pops up)

And no, I haven't contacted HTC yet. I barely decided yesterday that this was going to be an ongoing issue, after having reset my phone 3 times this week with no change or improvement.'

Now, as far as the lag, my entire UI lags - swiping screen to screep, scrolling, etc. I may need to wipe my phone, though. I suspect a few apps. That proximity sensor thing, SUCKS.

The PIN pad issue might have to do with what default keyboard you are using. Which one do you have? Before the update there was a stock PIN pad, now it uses the numeric input screen from your default keyboard. I can't think of a reason they would change this behavior, but I can't say it's a bug until we know what keyboard you're using.

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I got some.

Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back. Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code. Interface lags now, didn't before.

These are major problems, in my opinion.

Also have the Same issue with the proximity sensor. The other day I was on a call and put the conversation on speaker phone and the screen went to the lock screen and wouldnt Let me unlock it. I have yet to use the voicemail app so I don't have any validation for that.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Also have the Same issue with the proximity sensor. The other day I was on a call and put the conversation on speaker phone and the screen went to the lock screen and wouldnt Let me unlock it. I have yet to use the voicemail app so I don't have any validation for that.

Using Sprint Voicemail is technically a phone call, so if you have the problem making calls, it will do the same thing there.

They really need to get this corrected soon. I can see it being a serious hazard for some people driving.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ohhh for those of u saying the voicemail screen goes blank....there's a reason for that...when u select voicemail there are options...first one if u use the transcription option that's new now like I do u can read ur voicemail...
Second if u want it on speaker u select the speaker option and the screen stays lit up and u hear the voicemail...
Third u just select play....yes it blacks out because u should have the phone to your ear listening to your voicemail! If u wait till ur voicemail is over then it comes back on and u can decide to delete or save it...
There is nothing wrong with that....quit ing.....I don't like some of the bugs either ...yes their are legitimate bugs but starting a thread like this to just complain without thinking first and trying to fix ur own problems is just stupid.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ohhh for those of u saying the voicemail screen goes blank....there's a reason for that...when u select voicemail there are options...first one if u use the transcription option that's new now like I do u can read ur voicemail...
Second if u want it on speaker u select the speaker option and the screen stays lit up and u hear the voicemail...
Third u just select play....yes it blacks out because u should have the phone to your ear listening to your voicemail! If u wait till ur voicemail is over then it comes back on and u can decide to delete or save it...
There is nothing wrong with that....quit ing.....I don't like some of the bugs either ...yes their are legitimate bugs but starting a thread like this to just complain without thinking first and trying to fix ur own problems is just stupid.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Yes, the screen will come back on when the voicemail ends. But some of us use the phone for business and sometimes you may need to back up to replay part of the message. That becomes an annoyance when a customer leaves a 45s+ message. It wastes time and is overall inconvenient.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
True.... You could just hit speaker to play the message and that way you can see the point you need to back it up too couldn't you?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the screen will come back on when the voicemail ends. But some of us use the phone for business and sometimes you may need to back up to replay part of the message. That becomes an annoyance when a customer leaves a 45s+ message. It wastes time and is overall inconvenient.

I have to agree. If it were properly using the proximity sensor to detect if it were on the ear then fine, turn off the screen. But if it is turning it off simply because it ASSUMES it is being used on the ear, that is stupid. Many times a user would want to pull away from ear and back up or skip or whatever, while it is still playing.

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Please tell me thats not vanilla ice as your avatar!!!!!

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree. If it were properly using the proximity sensor to detect if it were on the ear then fine, turn off the screen. But if it is turning it off simply because it ASSUMES it is being used on the ear, that is stupid. Many times a user would want to pull away from ear and back up or skip or whatever, while it is still playing.

Agree with this ^^^

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
As for everyone thinking that I started this thread out of hatred for the phone and lack of taking responsibility to fix my own problems, I simply stated a couple of things that were new to me and a little bit of a hassle to work with. Obviously there are plenty of people having the Same issues. I don't have all kinds of empty time on my hands to "explore" my phone. I use my phone for a few basic but yet important things. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY PHONE. I really appreciate all the people that have dropped in on this thread and put in their .02!!

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine seems to be working as it should. The only time my screen blacks out is when I put my phone to my ear as the prox. sensor is making the screen go blank. As soon as I remove the phone from my ear, the screen turns back on to let me pause, delete, etc. VM was going to be updated in the last MR back in august, but we did not get it 'cause it had some bugs... Now that we have it, we will need a future MR to fix the bugs some of us are having...

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
As for everyone thinking that I started this thread out of hatred for the phone and lack of taking responsibility to fix my own problems, I simply stated a couple of things that were new to me and a little bit of a hassle to work with. Obviously there are plenty of people having the Same issues. I don't have all kinds of empty time on my hands to "explore" my phone. I use my phone for a few basic but yet important things. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY PHONE. I really appreciate all the people that have dropped in on this thread and put in their .02!!

I don't think it is so much people think you started the thread because you hate this phone, I think most of the feelings like that came from the title of the thread. There have been way to many people who come to this phone specific forum to bash this phone where most feel if you don't like this phone then don't come to this thread it is pretty much that simple. I'm glad you love this phone as I love this phone as well. I'm glad you made a point that you are not bashing the phone just pointing out some things you noticed and I'm glad you got some answers you were looking for.

Ice

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it is so much people think you started the thread because you hate this phone, I think most of the feelings like that came from the title of the thread. There have been way to many people who come to this phone specific forum to bash this phone where most feel if you don't like this phone then don't come to this thread it is pretty much that simple. I'm glad you love this phone as I love this phone as well. I'm glad you made a point that you are not bashing the phone just pointing out some things you noticed and I'm glad you got some answers you were looking for.

Ice

Jus an additional point on top of Ice's, many of your complaints, once enumerated, have threads already ongoing here. If you're looking for specific help with an issue it is much better to read those threads and see if it resolves the issue for you. If it doesn't, you can ask a question or raise an issue in that thread.

Most of us read these forums not only looking for help, but to also provide help to others who need it. Having topics, questions, resolutions maintained in a single thread makes it easier for us to point people there to help them.

Glad you love your EVO!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Long time EVO owner. Had the og EVO for 2+ years and I was the first person to pick up pre-order LTE EVO from my local BB. From here on out I will choose choice words when starting a thread to save on confusion!!! Again, thanks and hope everyone has a good day.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site

EXACTLY my point.

And the screen doesn't turn off, it just turns black as if the app is going to crash (notice the notification bar is still active), or like it's stuck in transition to another screen. SO it's not the proximity sensor.

This is an issue, it wasn't done on purpose. I can't think of any way this was done purposely.

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
EXACTLY my point.

And the screen doesn't turn off, it just turns black as if the app is going to crash (notice the notification bar is still active), or like it's stuck in transition to another screen. SO it's not the proximity sensor.

This is an issue, it wasn't done on purpose. I can't think of any way this was done purposely.

Tried out the voicemail today, first time since update and having the same problem with the app. Screen goes black while audio is playing and there is no way to do anything until the message is done playing.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
EXACTLY my point.

Your behavior is different. My screen shuts completely off the same way the dialer does. Hitting power does nothing; the screen doesn't turn back on until the message finishes.