Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    did an update a couple days ago and now my phone absolutely sucks and is starting to **** me off. I'm not rooted. Anybody else have this issue?!?!
    Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!-uploadfromtaptalk1356463148417.jpg
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    try doing a factory reset. It sucks having to redownload everything but it runs like a dream now. Make sure you download everything manually though as it may be an app affecting your current software. I reset a few days ago and have had much better battery life and peformance. Better than I had with ics.
    icenija likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    try doing a factory reset. It sucks having to redownload everything but it runs like a dream now. Make sure you download everything manually though as it may be an app affecting your current software. I reset a few days ago and have had much better battery life and peformance. Better than I had with ics.
    My batt is way better now after a weak of power cycling and simm pulls

    Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    icenija likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    try doing a factory reset. It sucks having to redownload everything but it runs like a dream now. Make sure you download everything manually though as it may be an app affecting your current software. I reset a few days ago and have had much better battery life and peformance. Better than I had with ics.
    I believe I'm Still running ICS. It came with ICS when I purchased the phone in April. Just wish my phone was back to where it was about 5 days ago!
    My wife just got me a Samsung tab 2 7.0 for Christmas so I guess I'm going to toy with that for a bit... But in the meantime I gotta get this p.o.s. Figured out
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 08silveradoonrims View Post
    did an update a couple days ago and now my phone absolutely sucks and is starting to **** me off. I'm not rooted. Anybody else have this issue?!?!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356463148417.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	54365
    So your phone is now a vacuum?

    you haven't even explained your problem, so how can someone else have the same problem

    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
    BigDinCA likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 08silveradoonrims View Post
    I believe I'm Still running ICS. It came with ICS when I purchased the phone in April. Just wish my phone was back to where it was about 5 days ago!
    My wife just got me a Samsung tab 2 7.0 for Christmas so I guess I'm going to toy with that for a bit... But in the meantime I gotta get this p.o.s. Figured out
    No you now have 4.1.1 which is jellybean

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    There seems to be 3 groups of people that everyone fits into after an update.

    1- Those who are proactive and take necessary steps to ensure a positive experience (Factory Resets, cache wipes, etc..)

    2- Those who WANT to like the upgrade so they ask sincere questions to get advice.

    3- Those who want to be angry and just wish to complain. They don't detail their problems because they don't seem to actually want a fix.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
    Droid Bionic>Droid Razr Maxx>Verizon Galaxy S3>T-Mobile Galaxy S3, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanked by 2:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 84guy View Post
    So your phone is now a vacuum?

    you haven't even explained your problem, so how can someone else have the same problem

    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Where do I begin?! Battery life is horrible since update, phone has asks for and dropped my Wi-Fi connection multiple times(NEVER had this problem prior to update), camera shutter sound is unable to shutoff, picture albums are organized as folders according to date taken rather than individual pics, phones internet browsing just seems to have more lag than ever before, I know I'm forgetting some and I'm sure there are lots more headaches I will encounter in the coming days. These are Nothing major just lots of little things that are annoying as hell to get used to I guess. Thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by usguyver View Post
    No you now have 4.1.1 which is jellybean

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for the heads up
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Technically the camera shutter isn't suppose to turn off. I believe there was even legislation over it, helping uphold peoples privacy rights and all... Maybe the time has come and they had to enforce it...

    Battery life is a-ok here... Sorry...

    I too feel like the stock browser lags a bit now...

    Don't have any WiFi issues and use it often...

    For the gallery, tap events on the top left bar and click albums, problem solved.. though the new cloud/social media screen sucks....
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 08silveradoonrims View Post
    Where do I begin?! Battery life is horrible since update, phone has asks for and dropped my Wi-Fi connection multiple times(NEVER had this problem prior to update), camera shutter sound is unable to shutoff, picture albums are organized as folders according to date taken rather than individual pics, phones internet browsing just seems to have more lag than ever before, I know I'm forgetting some and I'm sure there are lots more headaches I will encounter in the coming days. These are Nothing major just lots of little things that are annoying as hell to get used to I guess. Thanks
    Turn off sprint connections in mobile network settings to manage wifi yourself

    Top left in gallery to change back to old style

    My battery has been awesome after turning off location sharing/tracking off in maps and also turning off the Google now cards i don't use

    My stock browser works fine smoother than ever. Chrome sucks tho try clearing data or cache on the stock one



    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE
  12. #12  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,062 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,381 Global Posts

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 08silveradoonrims View Post
    Where do I begin?! Battery life is horrible since update,
    Easily solved- read the appropriate thread.

    phone has asks for and dropped my Wi-Fi connection multiple times(NEVER had this problem prior to update),
    Dlink? Read appropriate thread for solution.

    camera shutter sound is unable to shutoff,
    Valid yet not a big whoop

    picture albums are organized as folders according to date taken rather than individual pics,
    Easily solved by simply choosing the appropriate option in the menu.

    phones internet browsing just seems to have more lag than ever before,
    Seems not much different to me... but I tend to use Firefox anyway.

    I know I'm forgetting some
    We will wait...

    and I'm sure there are lots more headaches I will encounter in the coming days
    So you don't know what problems you will have, but you are sure you are going to have them. Hmm.

    These are Nothing major just lots of little things that are annoying as hell to get used to I guess. Thanks
    So, there is nothing major, and half of what you listed is easily solved. But you had to create a thread saying the PHONE NOW SUCKS.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by 5:
    Phoenix Rev and houstonwino like this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    This is so awesome....pat yourself on the back my friend! Love it!

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Easily solved- read the appropriate thread.



    Dlink? Read appropriate thread for solution.



    Valid yet not a big whoop



    Easily solved by simply choosing the appropriate option in the menu.



    Seems not much different to me... but I tend to use Firefox anyway.



    We will wait...



    So you don't know what problems you will have, but you are sure you are going to have them. Hmm.



    So, there is nothing major, and half of what you listed is easily solved. But you had to create a thread saying the PHONE NOW SUCKS.
  14. #14  
    svargas05's Avatar

    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    I got some.

    Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back. Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code. Interface lags now, didn't before.

    These are major problems, in my opinion.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    I got some.

    Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back. Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code. Interface lags now, didn't before.

    These are major problems, in my opinion.
    Clearly your only option is to throw it in the trash and buy something else.

    That, or you can factory reset. If you've done that and still have problems, you can contact your service provider and demand a replacement.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    A real issue i have is the framerate on my homescreen will drop to 30 fps it feels like randomly and a reset is the only way to fix it.

    Its really annoying.
  17. #17  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,062 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,381 Global Posts

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    I got some. Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back.
    Those are both the same issue. And yes, at least that is something real and major. And HTC is "working on it".

    Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code.
    First I have heard of that one. Sounds like it could be a problem (I have never used PIN codes). Have you reported it to HTC yet?

    Interface lags now, didn't before.
    Mine doesn't. And I have seen zero reports of that. Might be isolated to your configuration? How stock is the system?

    These are major problems, in my opinion.
    And had you started a thread that said "PHONE NOW SUCKS!" with those, at least it would have a bit more validity. Had you added a complaint about the stupid "Power Saver" always in the notifications, the battery usage detail not breaking out DISPLAY, USB file transfer no longer working with Linux, and the keyboard occasionally getting scrambled, it would have even been more relevant. But we already have a thread for bugs (and bad design decisions)...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    I got some.

    Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back. Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code. Interface lags now, didn't before.

    These are major problems, in my opinion.
    When you say interface lags do you mean things load up slowly OR swiping screens and such is slow?
  19. #19  
    BigDinCA's Avatar

    Posts
    879 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by nicktravaglini View Post
    This is so awesome....pat yourself on the back my friend! Love it!
    It couldn't have been that awesome - you didn't "thank" it or "like" it.
  20. #20  
    svargas05's Avatar

    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Those are both the same issue. And yes, at least that is something real and major. And HTC is "working on it".



    First I have heard of that one. Sounds like it could be a problem (I have never used PIN codes). Have you reported it to HTC yet?


    Mine doesn't. And I have seen zero reports of that. Might be isolated to your configuration? How stock is the system?


    And had you started a thread that said "PHONE NOW SUCKS!" with those, at least it would have a bit more validity. Had you added a complaint about the stupid "Power Saver" always in the notifications, the battery usage detail not breaking out DISPLAY, USB file transfer no longer working with Linux, and the keyboard occasionally getting scrambled, it would have even been more relevant. But we already have a thread for bugs (and bad design decisions)...
    I was merely posting real problems the OP should be more concerned about. Oh and the Voicemail thing has nothing to do with the proximity sensor, I will upload a screen shot shortly.

    Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!-2012-12-26_14-17-25.png (This is what it takes me to when I play a voicemail. Can't back out, can't do anything but wait for it to finish or tap "HOME" which closes the program anyways)

    Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!-2012-12-26_10-37-35.png (Yes, I've tried tapping on the input field...nothing pops up)

    And no, I haven't contacted HTC yet. I barely decided yesterday that this was going to be an ongoing issue, after having reset my phone 3 times this week with no change or improvement.'



    Now, as far as the lag, my entire UI lags - swiping screen to screep, scrolling, etc. I may need to wipe my phone, though. I suspect a few apps. That proximity sensor thing, SUCKS.
    Last edited by svargas05; 12-26-2012 at 02:26 PM.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    I was merely posting real problems the OP should be more concerned about. Oh and the Voicemail thing has nothing to do with the proximity sensor, I will upload a screen shot shortly.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-26_14-17-25.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	54481 (This is what it takes me to when I play a voicemail. Can't back out, can't do anything but wait for it to finish or tap "HOME" which closes the program anyways)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-12-26_10-37-35.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	54482 (Yes, I've tried tapping on the input field...nothing pops up)

    And no, I haven't contacted HTC yet. I barely decided yesterday that this was going to be an ongoing issue, after having reset my phone 3 times this week with no change or improvement.'



    Now, as far as the lag, my entire UI lags - swiping screen to screep, scrolling, etc. I may need to wipe my phone, though. I suspect a few apps. That proximity sensor thing, SUCKS.
    The PIN pad issue might have to do with what default keyboard you are using. Which one do you have? Before the update there was a stock PIN pad, now it uses the numeric input screen from your default keyboard. I can't think of a reason they would change this behavior, but I can't say it's a bug until we know what keyboard you're using.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    I got some.

    Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back. Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code. Interface lags now, didn't before.

    These are major problems, in my opinion.
    Also have the Same issue with the proximity sensor. The other day I was on a call and put the conversation on speaker phone and the screen went to the lock screen and wouldnt Let me unlock it. I have yet to use the voicemail app so I don't have any validation for that.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 08silveradoonrims View Post
    Also have the Same issue with the proximity sensor. The other day I was on a call and put the conversation on speaker phone and the screen went to the lock screen and wouldnt Let me unlock it. I have yet to use the voicemail app so I don't have any validation for that.
    Using Sprint Voicemail is technically a phone call, so if you have the problem making calls, it will do the same thing there.

    They really need to get this corrected soon. I can see it being a serious hazard for some people driving.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Ohhh for those of u saying the voicemail screen goes blank....there's a reason for that...when u select voicemail there are options...first one if u use the transcription option that's new now like I do u can read ur voicemail...
    Second if u want it on speaker u select the speaker option and the screen stays lit up and u hear the voicemail...
    Third u just select play....yes it blacks out because u should have the phone to your ear listening to your voicemail! If u wait till ur voicemail is over then it comes back on and u can decide to delete or save it...
    There is nothing wrong with that....quit ing.....I don't like some of the bugs either ...yes their are legitimate bugs but starting a thread like this to just complain without thinking first and trying to fix ur own problems is just stupid.

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Ohhh for those of u saying the voicemail screen goes blank....there's a reason for that...when u select voicemail there are options...first one if u use the transcription option that's new now like I do u can read ur voicemail...
    Second if u want it on speaker u select the speaker option and the screen stays lit up and u hear the voicemail...
    Third u just select play....yes it blacks out because u should have the phone to your ear listening to your voicemail! If u wait till ur voicemail is over then it comes back on and u can decide to delete or save it...
    There is nothing wrong with that....quit ing.....I don't like some of the bugs either ...yes their are legitimate bugs but starting a thread like this to just complain without thinking first and trying to fix ur own problems is just stupid.

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Yes, the screen will come back on when the voicemail ends. But some of us use the phone for business and sometimes you may need to back up to replay part of the message. That becomes an annoyance when a customer leaves a 45s+ message. It wastes time and is overall inconvenient.
    Thanked by:
    svargas05 likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. S3 recent update Causes phone to malfuncion
    By jeffreyctan in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 02:33 AM
  2. Update failed now phone won't turn on
    By pierre.randolph in forum Samsung Moment Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 02:28 PM
  4. 2.30 update phone acts up now
    By popkurn611 in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 01:59 PM
  5. OTA update and now my phone seems worse.
    By kchase731 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 12:53 AM

Posting Permissions