Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
try doing a factory reset. It sucks having to redownload everything but it runs like a dream now. Make sure you download everything manually though as it may be an app affecting your current software. I reset a few days ago and have had much better battery life and peformance. Better than I had with ics.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
try doing a factory reset. It sucks having to redownload everything but it runs like a dream now. Make sure you download everything manually though as it may be an app affecting your current software. I reset a few days ago and have had much better battery life and peformance. Better than I had with ics.

My batt is way better now after a weak of power cycling and simm pulls

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site

I believe I'm Still running ICS. It came with ICS when I purchased the phone in April. Just wish my phone was back to where it was about 5 days ago!
My wife just got me a Samsung tab 2 7.0 for Christmas so I guess I'm going to toy with that for a bit... But in the meantime I gotta get this p.o.s. Figured out

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe I'm Still running ICS. It came with ICS when I purchased the phone in April. Just wish my phone was back to where it was about 5 days ago!
My wife just got me a Samsung tab 2 7.0 for Christmas so I guess I'm going to toy with that for a bit... But in the meantime I gotta get this p.o.s. Figured out

No you now have 4.1.1 which is jellybean

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be 3 groups of people that everyone fits into after an update.

1- Those who are proactive and take necessary steps to ensure a positive experience (Factory Resets, cache wipes, etc..)

2- Those who WANT to like the upgrade so they ask sincere questions to get advice.

3- Those who want to be angry and just wish to complain. They don't detail their problems because they don't seem to actually want a fix.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
So your phone is now a vacuum?

you haven't even explained your problem, so how can someone else have the same problem

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Where do I begin?! Battery life is horrible since update, phone has asks for and dropped my Wi-Fi connection multiple times(NEVER had this problem prior to update), camera shutter sound is unable to shutoff, picture albums are organized as folders according to date taken rather than individual pics, phones internet browsing just seems to have more lag than ever before, I know I'm forgetting some and I'm sure there are lots more headaches I will encounter in the coming days. These are Nothing major just lots of little things that are annoying as hell to get used to I guess. Thanks

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Technically the camera shutter isn't suppose to turn off. I believe there was even legislation over it, helping uphold peoples privacy rights and all... Maybe the time has come and they had to enforce it...

Battery life is a-ok here... Sorry...

I too feel like the stock browser lags a bit now...

Don't have any WiFi issues and use it often...

For the gallery, tap events on the top left bar and click albums, problem solved.. though the new cloud/social media screen sucks....

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Where do I begin?! Battery life is horrible since update, phone has asks for and dropped my Wi-Fi connection multiple times(NEVER had this problem prior to update), camera shutter sound is unable to shutoff, picture albums are organized as folders according to date taken rather than individual pics, phones internet browsing just seems to have more lag than ever before, I know I'm forgetting some and I'm sure there are lots more headaches I will encounter in the coming days. These are Nothing major just lots of little things that are annoying as hell to get used to I guess. Thanks

Turn off sprint connections in mobile network settings to manage wifi yourself

Top left in gallery to change back to old style

My battery has been awesome after turning off location sharing/tracking off in maps and also turning off the Google now cards i don't use

My stock browser works fine smoother than ever. Chrome sucks tho try clearing data or cache on the stock one

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Where do I begin?! Battery life is horrible since update,

Easily solved- read the appropriate thread.

phone has asks for and dropped my Wi-Fi connection multiple times(NEVER had this problem prior to update),

Dlink? Read appropriate thread for solution.

camera shutter sound is unable to shutoff,

Valid yet not a big whoop

picture albums are organized as folders according to date taken rather than individual pics,

Easily solved by simply choosing the appropriate option in the menu.

phones internet browsing just seems to have more lag than ever before,

Seems not much different to me... but I tend to use Firefox anyway.

I know I'm forgetting some

We will wait...

and I'm sure there are lots more headaches I will encounter in the coming days

So you don't know what problems you will have, but you are sure you are going to have them. Hmm.

These are Nothing major just lots of little things that are annoying as hell to get used to I guess. Thanks

So, there is nothing major, and half of what you listed is easily solved. But you had to create a thread saying the PHONE NOW SUCKS.

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
This is so awesome....pat yourself on the back my friend! Love it!

Easily solved- read the appropriate thread.

Dlink? Read appropriate thread for solution.

Valid yet not a big whoop

Easily solved by simply choosing the appropriate option in the menu.

Seems not much different to me... but I tend to use Firefox anyway.

We will wait...

So you don't know what problems you will have, but you are sure you are going to have them. Hmm.

So, there is nothing major, and half of what you listed is easily solved. But you had to create a thread saying the PHONE NOW SUCKS.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got some.

Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back. Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code. Interface lags now, didn't before.

These are major problems, in my opinion.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I got some.

Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back. Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code. Interface lags now, didn't before.

Clearly your only option is to throw it in the trash and buy something else.

That, or you can factory reset. If you've done that and still have problems, you can contact your service provider and demand a replacement.

DougB541#CB

May 15, 2010
Visit site
A real issue i have is the framerate on my homescreen will drop to 30 fps it feels like randomly and a reset is the only way to fix it.

Its really annoying.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I got some. Proximity sensor sucks, big time. Voicemail app goes black when playing any messages back.

Those are both the same issue. And yes, at least that is something real and major. And HTC is "working on it".

Lock screen with Pin-unlock freezes and doesn't show actual pin-pad to enter code.

First I have heard of that one. Sounds like it could be a problem (I have never used PIN codes). Have you reported it to HTC yet?

Interface lags now, didn't before.

Mine doesn't. And I have seen zero reports of that. Might be isolated to your configuration? How stock is the system?

And had you started a thread that said "PHONE NOW SUCKS!" with those, at least it would have a bit more validity. Had you added a complaint about the stupid "Power Saver" always in the notifications, the battery usage detail not breaking out DISPLAY, USB file transfer no longer working with Linux, and the keyboard occasionally getting scrambled, it would have even been more relevant. But we already have a thread for bugs (and bad design decisions)...

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I got some.

When you say interface lags do you mean things load up slowly OR swiping screens and such is slow?

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Those are both the same issue. And yes, at least that is something real and major. And HTC is "working on it".

First I have heard of that one. Sounds like it could be a problem (I have never used PIN codes). Have you reported it to HTC yet?

Mine doesn't. And I have seen zero reports of that. Might be isolated to your configuration? How stock is the system?

And had you started a thread that said "PHONE NOW SUCKS!" with those, at least it would have a bit more validity. Had you added a complaint about the stupid "Power Saver" always in the notifications, the battery usage detail not breaking out DISPLAY, USB file transfer no longer working with Linux, and the keyboard occasionally getting scrambled, it would have even been more relevant. But we already have a thread for bugs (and bad design decisions)...

I was merely posting real problems the OP should be more concerned about. Oh and the Voicemail thing has nothing to do with the proximity sensor, I will upload a screen shot shortly.

2012-12-26_14-17-25.png (This is what it takes me to when I play a voicemail. Can't back out, can't do anything but wait for it to finish or tap "HOME" which closes the program anyways)

2012-12-26_10-37-35.png (Yes, I've tried tapping on the input field...nothing pops up)

And no, I haven't contacted HTC yet. I barely decided yesterday that this was going to be an ongoing issue, after having reset my phone 3 times this week with no change or improvement.'

Now, as far as the lag, my entire UI lags - swiping screen to screep, scrolling, etc. I may need to wipe my phone, though. I suspect a few apps. That proximity sensor thing, SUCKS.

Last edited: