YouTube app unusable over 3G, alernatives?

blorgon

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'm alone in this, but I can't use the YouTube app when I'm on 3G. It will play a few seconds, then stops to buffer, never to start again. Pausing to let it buffer the whole video doesn't work either. I assumed this was just a problem with the slow data speeds from Sprint, which I'm sure is part of it, but I just installed the DailyMotion app and it streams pretty well. It will also fully buffer a video if I pause, and I can replay videos from any spot after it's in memory, which YouTube also won't do.

Is there any alternative to YouTube's official app, or maybe an older version that works? I've tried TubeMate, SuperDolphin Video as well as trying to use the YouTube website instead, but nothing really works well consistantly.

genescuff

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I get the same issues with the YouTube app on WiFi and 4G connections. The app just totally sucks in my opinion. And it's definitely the app because I can stream other content from Google Play and Amazon without a problem. The most consistent way I used to browse YouTube was to use the Dolphin Browser, however, after the JB update, that has not become reliable any longer either. In fact, Dolphin crashes a lot more than it used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool