- 54 Posts
YouTube app unusable over 3G, alernatives?
I don't think I'm alone in this, but I can't use the YouTube app when I'm on 3G. It will play a few seconds, then stops to buffer, never to start again. Pausing to let it buffer the whole video doesn't work either. I assumed this was just a problem with the slow data speeds from Sprint, which I'm sure is part of it, but I just installed the DailyMotion app and it streams pretty well. It will also fully buffer a video if I pause, and I can replay videos from any spot after it's in memory, which YouTube also won't do.
Is there any alternative to YouTube's official app, or maybe an older version that works? I've tried TubeMate, SuperDolphin Video as well as trying to use the YouTube website instead, but nothing really works well consistantly.
- 12-28-2012, 10:12 PM #2
- 23 Posts
Re: YouTube app unusable over 3G, alernatives?
I get the same issues with the YouTube app on WiFi and 4G connections. The app just totally sucks in my opinion. And it's definitely the app because I can stream other content from Google Play and Amazon without a problem. The most consistent way I used to browse YouTube was to use the Dolphin Browser, however, after the JB update, that has not become reliable any longer either. In fact, Dolphin crashes a lot more than it used to.
- By Pigman in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 11Last Post: 02-24-2014, 05:29 AM
- By basketthis in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 49Last Post: 08-21-2012, 11:12 PM
- By sutton241 in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 3Last Post: 01-26-2012, 07:25 AM
- By basketthis in forum Motorola Triumph on Virgin MobileReplies: 7Last Post: 11-03-2011, 10:58 AM
- By astraelraen in forum Verizon FascinateReplies: 1Last Post: 09-24-2010, 04:11 PM