Battery Percentage in Status Bar

FSUMario

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know of a good app that will display the percentage in the status bar, and not kill the battery in the process. Thank you.

Not rooted either...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of a good app that will display the percentage in the status bar, and not kill the battery in the process. Thank you.

Not rooted either...

Are you running ICS or Jelly Bean? They do that.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356805973051.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356805973051.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 614

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Had my screen down in that one, just did another you can see better.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356806113112.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356806113112.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 610

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Had my screen down in that one, just did another you can see better.

Settings, Display, then box at bottom to check. "display battery percentage".

Kelly you do realize this is an HTC EVO 4G LTE forum right?

I love GSam Battery Monitor, it does that and a heck of a lot more!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly you do realize this is an HTC EVO 4G LTE forum right?

I love GSam Battery Monitor, it does that and a heck of a lot more!

Yes, but thought those features on JB were the same.

Bandit099

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used a couple different apps for this but I found the best to be "Battery Widget? Reborn". There is a free and paid version, I use the free version (not sure if the paid is any different) and love it.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I like GSAM with the extra icons pack. It shows A LOT more information in detail then most other programs I've used. PLUS you can choose to overlay an icon OVER the useless default bar that will show the battery percentage. That way you don't have 2 icons up there for the same thing.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I like GSAM with the extra icons pack. It shows A LOT more information in detail then most other programs I've used. PLUS you can choose to overlay an icon OVER the useless default bar that will show the battery percentage. That way you don't have 2 icons up there for the same thing.

Andras, can you provide a pointer as to how to do this? I love GSam, but never knew it could do that.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Andras, can you provide a pointer as to how to do this? I love GSam, but never knew it could do that.

You need this add on pack https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2FtbGFicy5iYm0uaWNvbnBhY2sxIl0&token=bkagsAJh. In the settings there is an option to overlay the icon. Not all of them can overlay though. I used the Big Circle theme and then used the sliders to get the icon in just the right spot to cover the battery. You even have sliders to make sure it's in the right spot on the lock screen and when you have a 2 digit hour(when you have a 2 digit hour your battery icon moves a little to the left.) It's not as good as rooting and going in and overwriting the battery files, but more than sufficient if you aren't rooted. If you do gaming or battery heavy tasks you can even choose to not have the overlay icon disappear on apps that hide the status bar and it will stay on the screen so you can see how much battery you're using.

Georgia Marks

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I have the samsung galaxy s2, with the ICS 4.0.3 software. I had my phone sent away to be looked at and they did a reset on it and replaced a bit of stuff. the day i got it back i turned it on and the battery was displayed in the top status bar, but the day after i had turned it on, the battery status had completely disappeared and the only way that i could see my battery status was throught settings->battery and it shows percentage and "discharing" or when i plugged my phone into charge and it shows the percentage charging on the lock screen. The first time i got my phone it wasnt ICS, it was the later model, i only updated to ICS 2-3 months ago. If you could please please help that would be great!!! my battery had always been displayed in the top status bar and on lock screen before it was sent away a week ago.
Thankyou :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol