Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 133
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    If HTC does not fix this soon. I will be forced to root my phone. I cannot go on like this much longer. None of the "fixes" people have mentioned are really fixes. They are just a temporary work around (in my opinion) .... My son has the same phone I do (he rooted his phone) and he does not have this issue.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #52  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by cluettchau View Post
    If HTC does not fix this soon. I will be forced to root my phone. I cannot go on like this much longer. None of the "fixes" people have mentioned are really fixes. They are just a temporary work around (in my opinion) .... My son has the same phone I do (he rooted his phone) and he does not have this issue.
    Rooting will only resolve the issue if you load a new ROM that is not a Sense ROM. If you look back a few posts you will see someone using a Viper ROM who has the same issue.

    Are you sure your son has a Facebook friend with a Feb 29th birthday and he syncs that into his contacts (I assume he does and it's probably the same friend as yours, but had to ask).
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    hello, i have the same problem with my htc x one
    i had 1 person with a birthday date 29-2-2013, he changed his birthday to 28-2 ore 1-3 en after a while by me the pop up stopt comming back on my phone.
    i think it takes a wile between the time that he changed his date and the time that your phone syncrosize it with facebook. the last hour i did not get messenges anymore. it look like its working
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Received an update from HTC for the People app. Looks like it is solved.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    @andyesten - Where did you get the update from. Did you download it to your phone or get it from a web site? I can't seem to get it...
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by cluettchau View Post
    @andyesten - Where did you get the update from. Did you download it to your phone or get it from a web site? I can't seem to get it...
    Go to Settings/About/Software updates and you should see the update for the People App. I am glad I did not clear my contact cache or factory reset (as directed by HTC helpline) but waited for the update.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by kieranchew View Post
    Go to Settings/About/Software updates and you should see the update for the People App. I am glad I did not clear my contact cache or factory reset (as directed by HTC helpline) but waited for the update.
    Are you sure you are in the right forum? There is such location on the EVO 4G LTE.
    cluettchau likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Are you sure you are in the right forum? There is such location on the EVO 4G LTE.
    I can confirm, no update available for me yet. On the HTC EVO 4G LTE it would be Settings - System updates - HTC Software update.

    Nothing there and I might be a little leery of such a quick fix. Last time they got a fix out so quickly for the custom ring tone issue is screwed many of us into the contact lag issue.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Are you sure you are in the right forum? There is such location on the EVO 4G LTE.
    F***, you are right not on the correct forum. I had same problem with my One X. The moment I was prepared to wipe my Contact data I received the update.
  10. #60  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    HTC support does not have a fix for the HTC EVO 4G LTE yet. They suggest to temporarily stop syncing your FACEBOOK Contacts.

    They don't know whos error it is yet - HTC, Facebook, Android or Google
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Clearing the Facebook cache seems to have worked (so far). Message has stopped, and all systems seem to be normal.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #62  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by cluettchau View Post
    They don't know whos error it is yet - HTC, Facebook, Android or Google
    Well, my money is 100% HTC's fault. Otherwise every other phone with Jelly Bean would have this problem too - the funny how we've only heard of HTC phones with the issue. Facebook app has no problems with it, it shows their birthday as Feb 28th.

    And they've released a fix for the One X, but nothing else? Carrier's must be the holdup yet again.
  13. #63  
    texas7's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    I have deleted my contacts sooo many times there is a wear mark on the screen where I keep clicking that I am sure. I have unfriended the bday offender and changed her bday in my contacts, not to see if it really works! I have over 3K contacts before I sync Facebook and I don't sync Twitter so it takes awhile for them to all reload on my phone! I am new to this kind of issue, been very lucky, is there anything we can do to get HTC to get with it? I will keep checking for updates, but it seems clear that 1. they know they have an issue and 2. We are not getting any happier as time goes on and 3. Squeaky wheels get grease...where to we need to make noise?
  14. #64  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by pat8635 View Post
    I have deleted my contacts sooo many times there is a wear mark on the screen where I keep clicking that I am sure. I have unfriended the bday offender and changed her bday in my contacts, not to see if it really works! I have over 3K contacts before I sync Facebook and I don't sync Twitter so it takes awhile for them to all reload on my phone! I am new to this kind of issue, been very lucky, is there anything we can do to get HTC to get with it? I will keep checking for updates, but it seems clear that 1. they know they have an issue and 2. We are not getting any happier as time goes on and 3. Squeaky wheels get grease...where to we need to make noise?

    HTC SUPPORT
    English-Speaking Hotline:
    866-449-8358 6am to 1am EST 7 days a week
    Spanish-Speaking Hotline:
    866-449-8358 9am to 9pm EST 7 days a week
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #65  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Well, at least they admit it is there problem and are working on a a fix:

    Considering the importance of patching this particular issue, an update that addresses this should be available soon. While there is no approximate time-frame that I can give you for a resolution for this, we are addressing this issue as a top priority currently. You've got a device that is able to synchronize your Facebook contacts and for that not to work means that your device is lacking a function -- this makes the issue a very high priority for us.

    I apologize for not being able to provide a succinct time-frame for the resolution of this; however, I can assure you that this is being treated as one of our highest priorities at the moment and that a software-based solution should be available soon to ensure that everything preforms in a copacetic fashion!
  16. #66  

    Thumbs up Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    YEAH!! FINALLY got an update from HTC, the people update SOLVE OUR PROBLEM! Thanx HTC!

    Mine is HTC ONE X! The popping thingy really annoying HAHA! Thank God !
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Work like a charm thank you.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #68  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzillah View Post
    YEAH!! FINALLY got an update from HTC, the people update SOLVE OUR PROBLEM! Thanx HTC!

    Mine is HTC ONE X! The popping thingy really annoying HAHA! Thank God !
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyTheHer View Post
    Work like a charm thank you.
    Hey, you HTC One X people go back to your own forum to gloat over having this fixed with an update and let us EVO 4G LTE people commiserate about still having this problem with no idea when we'll get the update.

    [Before anyone goes Sheldon Cooper on this, yes this is sarcasm.]
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Thanks for this, now I haven't received this error since your suggestion. Nice fix
  20. #70  
    Zookeeper63's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-unrooted

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by cluettchau View Post
    If HTC does not fix this soon. I will be forced to root my phone. I cannot go on like this much longer. None of the "fixes" people have mentioned are really fixes. They are just a temporary work around (in my opinion) .... My son has the same phone I do (he rooted his phone) and he does not have this issue.
    I have had no further incidents since I took the measures I described.
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  21. #71  
    texas7's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Hey, you HTC One X people go back to your own forum to gloat over having this fixed with an update and let us EVO 4G LTE people commiserate about still having this problem with no idea when we'll get the update.

    [Before anyone goes Sheldon Cooper on this, yes this is sarcasm.]

    Lmao
  22. #72  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    bugfx Update is now available
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    This has worked on mine for the time being, let's hope it lasts.
    Thanks!!
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by Cengiz Erd View Post
    bugfx Update is now available
    Where are you getting the update from?
    I have checked my phone and forced it to check for an update .... no luck
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #75  

    Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

    Quote Originally Posted by Cengiz Erd View Post
    bugfx Update is now available
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendykb View Post
    This has worked on mine for the time being, let's hope it lasts.
    Thanks!!
    Are you more HTC One X users? My EVO 4G LTE is not showing an update either...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly
    By ma-diva in forum HTC Droid Eris
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 04:55 PM
  2. android.process.acore
    By bigvic13 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 11:48 PM
  3. android.process.acore
    By lmac00 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 11:20 AM
  4. process.acore
    By alphabets in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 09:08 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 02:48 AM

Posting Permissions

B