Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You do not need to go into your Sync accounts, erase data, clear cache, Facebook settings, etc...until HTC gets it fixed, all you have to do is manually set your date on your phone to say its any date before 2013.

That's not realistic. Having the correct date and time is much more important than having Facebook contacts synced.

Two solutions:

1) delete Facebook data, clear data for contact storage, re sync contact data from Google, open Facebook and login and chose not to sync any contact data.

Or

2) De-friend the person who had a leap year birthday, follow steps in 1) above except sync your Facebook contacts. Then once HTC fixes this re-friend the leap year birthday person.

cbatiste1993

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's not realistic. Having the correct date and time is much more important than having Facebook contacts synced.

Two solutions:

1) delete Facebook data, clear data for contact storage, re sync contact data from Google, open Facebook and login and chose not to sync any contact data.

Or

2) De-friend the person who had a leap year birthday, follow steps in 1) above except sync your Facebook contacts. Then once HTC fixes this re-friend the leap year birthday person.

I'm going for route 2, i don't really talk to that person anyway.

Functioning phone > random facebook friend

Sent from my HTC One XL running ViperXL 3.0.0 using Android Central Forums

jdbfitz

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that there is no 29 FEB 2013 and you probably have synced your facebook contacts and someones birthday is on Feb 29 which only comes once every four years. This is why the Facebook fix some have been suggesting works.

Ciccio Pecoraro

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
But I don't understand why?? When I unfriend my fbfriend with the dob 29feb And I sync my contacts... This person is not deleted from my contacts... The terrible thing is I have 3 contacts with the dob 29feb. Unfriend them all. But they are still in my contactlist. I cannot delete them there...

nedamdam

May 16, 2011
Visit site
But I don't understand why?? When I unfriend my fbfriend with the dob 29feb And I sync my contacts... This person is not deleted from my contacts... The terrible thing is I have 3 contacts with the dob 29feb. Unfriend them all. But they are still in my contactlist. I cannot delete them there...
You might have to clear also the contact storage (in app settings, clear data, like some wrote up) after the un-friending so they do not stay in the phone.

vinod bhatt

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
hi have tried all the below solution but nothing happenned.

Finally i format my phone & after so much of hard work still the same error coming.

Its really a big headache.

Please give the solution if anybody has.

Using HTC One X Plus... i think this new year is not so good for we HTC users.

Regards,

Vinod Bhatt

Johnattan Morales

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC Evo 4G LTE (One X Variant). I had the same problem.
This is an issue regarding the date. Just change the date to anytime in 2012 and wait for HTC to fix this annoyance. We don't have to go clearing caches. I did the change in and date. And it stopped. I'm completely peeved its over something so stupid. If you restart your phone the date goes back to todays date and the message starts popping up again. So you just have to change the date to anytime in 2012. I decided to go back to todays date but in 2012.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the HTC Evo 4G LTE (One X Variant). I had the same problem.
This is an issue regarding the date. Just change the date to anytime in 2012 and wait for HTC to fix this annoyance. We don't have to go clearing caches. I did the change in and date. And it stopped. I'm completely peeved its over something so stupid. If you restart your phone the date goes back to todays date and the message starts popping up again. So you just have to change the date to anytime in 2012. I decided to go back to todays date but in 2012.

Johnathan,

Yes that solution does work, but is very unrealistic for most people who rely on their phones for alarms, calendar notifications, etc. If you set your date to 2012 you will not be notified for appointments, etc.

Removing the contact (via the various methods already listed above) is the only method that will allow you to use your phone with the proper date/time.

cluettchau

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
If HTC does not fix this soon. I will be forced to root my phone. I cannot go on like this much longer. None of the "fixes" people have mentioned are really fixes. They are just a temporary work around (in my opinion) .... My son has the same phone I do (he rooted his phone) and he does not have this issue.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If HTC does not fix this soon. I will be forced to root my phone. I cannot go on like this much longer. None of the "fixes" people have mentioned are really fixes. They are just a temporary work around (in my opinion) .... My son has the same phone I do (he rooted his phone) and he does not have this issue.

Rooting will only resolve the issue if you load a new ROM that is not a Sense ROM. If you look back a few posts you will see someone using a Viper ROM who has the same issue.

Are you sure your son has a Facebook friend with a Feb 29th birthday and he syncs that into his contacts (I assume he does and it's probably the same friend as yours, but had to ask).

victorvz

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
hello, i have the same problem with my htc x one
i had 1 person with a birthday date 29-2-2013, he changed his birthday to 28-2 ore 1-3 en after a while by me the pop up stopt comming back on my phone.
i think it takes a wile between the time that he changed his date and the time that your phone syncrosize it with facebook. the last hour i did not get messenges anymore. it look like its working

kieranchew

May 14, 2012
Visit site
@andyesten - Where did you get the update from. Did you download it to your phone or get it from a web site? I can't seem to get it...

Go to Settings/About/Software updates and you should see the update for the People App. I am glad I did not clear my contact cache or factory reset (as directed by HTC helpline) but waited for the update.

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings/About/Software updates and you should see the update for the People App. I am glad I did not clear my contact cache or factory reset (as directed by HTC helpline) but waited for the update.

Are you sure you are in the right forum? There is such location on the EVO 4G LTE.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you are in the right forum? There is such location on the EVO 4G LTE.

I can confirm, no update available for me yet. On the HTC EVO 4G LTE it would be Settings - System updates - HTC Software update.

Nothing there and I might be a little leery of such a quick fix. Last time they got a fix out so quickly for the custom ring tone issue is screwed many of us into the contact lag issue.

cluettchau

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
HTC support does not have a fix for the HTC EVO 4G LTE yet. They suggest to temporarily stop syncing your FACEBOOK Contacts.

They don't know whos error it is yet - HTC, Facebook, Android or Google