Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They don't know whos error it is yet - HTC, Facebook, Android or Google

Well, my money is 100% HTC's fault. Otherwise every other phone with Jelly Bean would have this problem too - the funny how we've only heard of HTC phones with the issue. Facebook app has no problems with it, it shows their birthday as Feb 28th.

And they've released a fix for the One X, but nothing else? Carrier's must be the holdup yet again.

texas7

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I have deleted my contacts sooo many times there is a wear mark on the screen where I keep clicking that I am sure. I have unfriended the bday offender and changed her bday in my contacts, not to see if it really works! I have over 3K contacts before I sync Facebook and I don't sync Twitter so it takes awhile for them to all reload on my phone! I am new to this kind of issue, been very lucky, is there anything we can do to get HTC to get with it? I will keep checking for updates, but it seems clear that 1. they know they have an issue and 2. We are not getting any happier as time goes on and 3. Squeaky wheels get grease...where to we need to make noise?

cluettchau

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have deleted my contacts sooo many times there is a wear mark on the screen where I keep clicking that I am sure. I have unfriended the bday offender and changed her bday in my contacts, not to see if it really works! I have over 3K contacts before I sync Facebook and I don't sync Twitter so it takes awhile for them to all reload on my phone! I am new to this kind of issue, been very lucky, is there anything we can do to get HTC to get with it? I will keep checking for updates, but it seems clear that 1. they know they have an issue and 2. We are not getting any happier as time goes on and 3. Squeaky wheels get grease...where to we need to make noise?

HTC SUPPORT
English-Speaking Hotline:
866-449-8358 6am to 1am EST 7 days a week
Spanish-Speaking Hotline:
866-449-8358 9am to 9pm EST 7 days a week

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, at least they admit it is there problem and are working on a a fix:

Considering the importance of patching this particular issue, an update that addresses this should be available soon. While there is no approximate time-frame that I can give you for a resolution for this, we are addressing this issue as a top priority currently. You've got a device that is able to synchronize your Facebook contacts and for that not to work means that your device is lacking a function -- this makes the issue a very high priority for us.

I apologize for not being able to provide a succinct time-frame for the resolution of this; however, I can assure you that this is being treated as one of our highest priorities at the moment and that a software-based solution should be available soon to ensure that everything preforms in a copacetic fashion!

Godzillah

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
YEAH!! FINALLY got an update from HTC, the people update SOLVE OUR PROBLEM! Thanx HTC! :D

Mine is HTC ONE X! The popping thingy really annoying HAHA! Thank God !

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
YEAH!! FINALLY got an update from HTC, the people update SOLVE OUR PROBLEM! Thanx HTC! :D

Mine is HTC ONE X! The popping thingy really annoying HAHA! Thank God !

Work like a charm thank you.

Hey, you HTC One X people go back to your own forum to gloat over having this fixed with an update and let us EVO 4G LTE people commiserate about still having this problem with no idea when we'll get the update. :p

[Before anyone goes Sheldon Cooper on this, yes this is sarcasm.]

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
If HTC does not fix this soon. I will be forced to root my phone. I cannot go on like this much longer. None of the "fixes" people have mentioned are really fixes. They are just a temporary work around (in my opinion) .... My son has the same phone I do (he rooted his phone) and he does not have this issue.
I have had no further incidents since I took the measures I described.

texas7

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey, you HTC One X people go back to your own forum to gloat over having this fixed with an update and let us EVO 4G LTE people commiserate about still having this problem with no idea when we'll get the update. :p

[Before anyone goes Sheldon Cooper on this, yes this is sarcasm.]

Lmao

RickyTheHer

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Try to Log out of your Facebook account if you have one and YouTube account. It seems to have work for me so far I hope. Hopes it helps you.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What has worked for me: HTC EVO LTE

Settings>Accounts and Sync>Facebook>uncheck Contacts.

I hope this helps.

Try to Log out of your Facebook account if you have one and YouTube account. It seems to have work for me so far I hope. Hopes it helps you.

Don't know if you were directing these at me, but there are many work around listed in this thread, I speaking of the real fix provided by HTC so that we can sync our Facebook contacts again.

RickyTheHer

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but that didn't work for me. Logging out of Facebook and YouTube worked for me. I turned the sync off completely and it still gave me error notices.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but that didn't work for me. Logging out of Facebook and YouTube worked for me. I turned the sync off completely and it still gave me error notices.

I wish people would use the quote option that these fora provide so w have a clue what people are responding to.

What didn't work for you?