Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh, oh. Texting my kids at midnight and my phone is continually showing this error... Anyone else? Does Jelly Bean not like 2013?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357020712247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357020712247.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 287

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Do you have your contacts backed up?
Try uninstalling Facebook if that is installed. If this does not fix your problem then try the following.

Settings>Applications>System Applications>Contacts Sync Adapter and press Clear Data, this error usually goes away. If this doesn't work, try clearing the data on Settings>Applications>System Applications>Contacts or Settings>Applications>System Applications>Contacts Storage.

If problem is fixed, then restore contacts and reinstall Facebook and make sure you don't sync contacts with it.

Good luck. Im going to sleep.
Sorry if this wasn't helpful

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is bull ! Another totally inexcusable software bug!!

I opened a ticket with HTC already, will wait to hear what they say.

thatevoguy

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It appears that HTC contacts doesn't like 2013!

I just sent the following to HTC:

"As of this morning I keep getting the following error message every 5 or so seconds on my sprint Evo 4GLTE that has had all recent updates.

"Sorry! android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error report to HTC? This will help us improve our products".

I have been sending reports. Based upon the stack trace in the error message, the first line in the trace says "Time Format Error : 20130229" (See attached), I think there is an issue with the date rolling over to 2013. Please look into this error."

Attachments

• 2013-01-01_10-38-14.jpg
    2013-01-01_10-38-14.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 91

nrgtek

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Getting this too. Glad I found this thread. I will try to uninstall FB and see what happens.

My battery died this morning and this was coming up after recharging. Was hoping it wasn't something because of that. The 2013 bug sounds possible too.

nrgtek

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Do you have your contacts backed up?
Try uninstalling Facebook if that is installed. If this does not fix your problem then try the following.

Settings>Applications>System Applications>Contacts Sync Adapter and press Clear Data, this error usually goes away. If this doesn't work, try clearing the data on Settings>Applications>System Applications>Contacts or Settings>Applications>System Applications>Contacts Storage.

If problem is fixed, then restore contacts and reinstall Facebook and make sure you don't sync contacts with it.

Good luck. Im going to sleep.
Sorry if this wasn't helpful

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

hmm...I don't have these steps on my HTC ONE X+

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep, been emailing with support too. If they ask you to test it safe mode, I can assure you that it still happens in safe mode.

I'm sure they will accuse you of having a real killer running too.

Boy some developer hard-coded a reference to 2012?!? Unbelievable!

nrgtek

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Yep, been emailing with support too. If they ask you to test it safe mode, I can assure you that it still happens in safe mode.

I'm sure they will accuse you of having a real killer running too.

Boy some developer hard-coded a reference to 2012?!? Unbelievable!

Didn't google do the same thing with their new nexus? Forgot December.

thatevoguy

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I repeated the steps above, turning off sync for both FB and my google account, deleted the contacts and now re-synching. The message has gone away for now. Fingers crossed. :)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I repeated the steps above, turning off sync for both FB and my google account, deleted the contacts and now re-synching. The message has gone away for now. Fingers crossed. :)

So, if reloading your contacts resolved this some developer screwed up some data when reading contacts from Google and/or Facebook. Still unbelievable!