Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Happened to me completely randomly. Wasn't really using my phone much today.

Went to Settings > Apps > Slide to All > Contacts Storage
    and "Cleared Data"
    No more error.

I did backup my contacts before doing that (simply go to your gmail contacts and export all - assuming all your contacts are synced in your gmail). But my contacts were still there in my phone.
    Thanked by:
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #102  

Updating to the latest version of JB for the phone (3.16 update) resolves the issue.
    delthor7 likes this.

Thank you all so much for having this information available.. this has been driving me crazy since I got the phone this morning.. Great Work!!!;

Lori

When I open the phone... I can only see this message. I'm not able go to settings or anything. Its the only thing which is there in my phone now. what to do ?

I'm having the same problem with my T-mobile G2X ....its almost like it has a virus of some sort...!!!http://cdn-forums.androidcentral.com...milies/mad.png

Angry Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

ok now that i have lost all my contacts for the last 2 years that i throught i had backed up in my address book. and i ve tried everything \
    that was suggested on the threads here and it still comes back with the same error. while trying to save or add phone numbers.
    what do i do now (master rest) ?

I unistalled all its updates, but I cant unistall facebook itself! I also dont find the path of yours: settings/applications/system applications(!)

Hi I encounter this the same problem, please help me I am using Sony Xperia S Lt26i

I read the other remedies. I cannot get to settings or any apps as this message won't let me. also phone won't shut down. phone is huawei U-8652. Android version 2.3.6.Okay, here's what i did. took cover off, then took back off phone, took battery out and jiggled sd card (because i had no tweezers to get it out). Then.....VOILA! message gone, phone works. Went into settings > accounts & sync >deleted the two green arrows from the boxes for background data and the box for auto-sync.
    Last edited by jbyrd1; 03-20-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Christine Dillman likes this.

It works. Thank you!

same with me i have an lg venice !!!! i think its the energy saving app that i have

Lightbulb Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

I have a ZTE Groove which I just obtained a few months back via: Cricket. I had this problem with my phone over the last few days and can't access my contacts to call them. It's really annoying. How do I stop this and will I lose all my contacts?
    Does anyone have any idea why we are seeing this on our Driod? I have uninstalled a couple new apps that I put in thinking that was the issue and it's still there. I have AVG and it's saying my phone is "clean" of viruses so IDK???? HELP!!!!

i have samsung galaxy y dues lite androild phone for last 7 months. now google play store said that process stopped unexpecively. please give suggestions at the earliest though mail

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

My husband has a GZ One Comando and this is the error message he is getting as well. Beginning to think it is not phone specific, as my HTC TB hasn't done it. The last thing he installed was Outlook for his Hot Mail account. He does not use Facebook so this can't be the issue.

None of the options provided here can work, as they all seem to be fixed with uninstalling FB, which he doesn't have.

Current Phone: Verizon HTC One
    1st Andriod Phone: HTC Thunderbolt on VZW

Thumbs up Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Thanks...its works ... I deeply thank you..

Help me my procces.acore
    has stoped

This is to all who are asking what can I do when you get that message on your phone?
    I have a Cricket phone and I brought it to my local dealer here in Denver and he did a factory reset which only took about 15 minutes or so to run through everything and WALA it was fixed and it didn't cost me a penny to get fixed although my phone is insured so that may have been
    why I was not charged but when I asked how this happened it's a kind of like a virus you get via text messages or even more FWDS from other phones. So the best way to resolve this issue is to do a factory reset!

THANKS soooo much!!! I have been fighting with this for 2 days!!!! Works like aa charm!!

ﻻﻳﺴﻤﺢ ﺑﺎﻟﺪﺧﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻲ ﺍﻟﻀﺒﻂ

am unable to copy names on ma korea W android phone on frequent. time
    [BOX][/BOX]

my huawei blaze has been getting this error, and its comes up constantly so i cant go on and change any settings or anything, so how i am i meant to follow those instructions? sorry if this is an inconvenience.

am also having the same problem.....help me thanks

a

does not work???

So what is a good free protector app to keep your phone safe, also do you know of any free apps to way to speed up the phone service. Natalie
    for cool: ;}

ROM
    Carbon ROM / Komodo-31

I'd try clearing force stopping contacts storage app and clearing the cache....or upgrading the contacts app per HTC's site..... https://support.htc.com/alerts_downl...1_(Jelly_Bean)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast