Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Default Re: Time to dump HTC Evo?

Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    With the latest update, the HTC EVO LTE is complete garbage! tons of of bugs and bad battery life are totally unacceptable. Especially when there are alternatives. I'm thinking Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note II. Because my battery life is so bad, I dream of having the Note II that could probably go more than a day with 4.1. Anybody feel like dumping their EVO? What phone would you get?
    Im ditching mine fri. This was my first android phone and i cant deal w this anymore. Rim gave me a more stable phone. Imgonna try note 2. Its very close to evolte w an otterbox size, so i really dont see size as an issue

Took some work. But my batt life has improved after removing some google now settings & removing some battery saver apps.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

I fear this is my last dance with HTC as well.... Suffered with a Palm Pre for over a year and now it seems HTC is following in Palms footsteps by using their customers as "test" subjects in their experiments. I don't mind some "bumps" in a brand new device, but fix them in your first major release. Don't add bugs like HTC just did with this JB update.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Funny. A screen shot was posted of the battery life.

Too bad the screen shot can't be read because the update screwed this up.
    I'm assuming the battery life wasn't too good. This is too bad because the update screwed this up also.

The update was really a big time downgrade. It is hard to believe HTC let this update go out.

I hate to say it but this phone is trash. The phone was better before any updates came out on it!!!

I would like a Note 2 and since I am under contract. They are running around 400-450 used.

I guess if I sell my EVO then it would be about 200-250. Still a lot.

Actually all the screen shot tells us is batter level...

I'm assuming the battery life wasn't too good. This is too bad because the update screwed this up also.
    How often does the average user really need to take screenshots? I'll be the last person to defend HTC at this point but for me this is way down the list of issues I care about.

And yeah my battery life has some really bad days post update

The update was really a big time downgrade. It is hard to believe HTC let this update go out.
    If you were one of the lucky ones that got the last ICS update with all of the contacts issues then this update couldn't have come sooner!

I hate to say it but this phone is trash. The phone was better before any updates came out on it!!!
    Harsh words, how did your phone get so much worse? If you really want it back closer to ICS have you tried turning off google now and seeing what that does for you?

I would like a Note 2 and since I am under contract. They are running around 400-450 used.
    I will probably end up returning my phone for wifi issues and that would mean evo #4, at some point I'm going to have to decide between the note 2 and the evo. I'm really leaning towards the note at this point not going to lie

I guess if I sell my EVO then it would be about 200-250. Still a lot.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    How often does the average user really need to take screenshots? I'll be the last person to defend HTC at this point but for me this is way down the list of issues I care about

Good luck
    For "you" maybe, but I consider this one of the main features. I (as well as others who use their smartphone for business communication) find it detrimental.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

1. The picture tells the battery level which doesn't mean anything. If it was readable it would say how long it has been on the battery to get to a low level. That means a lot more.
    2. I do screen shots relatively often. And guess what? It doesn't happy on other phones or pre 4.1
    3. The contact issue had an easy fix.....clear the memory in the contact app. Then resync your contacts. It would fix it for a while. It was only a 2 min fix so I could live with 2 min to fix it every month or 2.
    4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!!
    5. $250 + my evo is a lot but the battery life of the N2 may be worth it. We'll see.

Nobody loved the evo brand more than me but the quality of the updates is just too bad to make this useable like you need it to be.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Re: Time to dump HTC Evo?
    1. The picture tells the battery level which doesn't mean anything. If it was readable it would say how long it has been on the battery to get to a low level. That means a lot more.
    2. I do screen shots relatively often. And guess what? It doesn't happy on other phones or pre 4.1
    3. The contact issue had an easy fix.....clear the memory in the contact app. Then resync your contacts. It would fix it for a while. It was only a 2 min fix so I could live with 2 min to fix it every month or 2.
    4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!!
    5. $250 + my evo is a lot but the battery life of the N2 may be worth it. We'll see.

Nobody loved the evo brand more than me but the quality of the updates is just too bad to make this useable like you need it to be.

How often does the average user really need to take screenshots? I'll be the last person to defend HTC at this point but for me this is way down the list of issues I care about.

If you were one of the lucky ones that got the last ICS update with all of the contacts issues then this update couldn't have come sooner!

Harsh words, how did your phone get so much worse? If you really want it back closer to ICS have you tried turning off google now and seeing what that does for you?

I will probably end up returning my phone for wifi issues and that would mean evo #4, at some point I'm going to have to decide between the note 2 and the evo. I'm really leaning towards the note at this point not going to lie

Good luck
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  

Good luck
    4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 update including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!! Turning off google now or a factory reset is not going to fix all the problems if any AND its gonna take me too much time getting all my apps back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladius Nova View Post
    For "you" maybe, but I consider this one of the main features. I (as well as others who use their smartphone for business communication) find it detrimental.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    I said the average person on this, I totally get that some people rely on this feature, use it a lot and need it to work. I bet a very large percentage of users don't even realize this issue exists though

Strange, my screen shots turn out beautiful. I thought the issue with this was sending screen shots through the messages app...

I think the problem was with how he posted it to the forum, how is that the phone's fault?!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Time to dump HTC Evo?-uploadfromtaptalk1357244506318.jpg  
    crxssi, balansboy and sasha like this.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,684 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Strange, my screen shots turn out beautiful. I thought the issue with this was sending screen shots through the messages app...

I think the problem was with how he posted it to the forum, how is that the phone's fault?!?
    Didn't I already say that, above? There is nothing wrong with screen shots. The problem is with MMS/texting screen shots...
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

My screenshots work awesome!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    My screenshots work awesome!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/04/ysavuvug.jpg

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    How about through MMS texts?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Didn't I already say that, above? There is nothing wrong with screen shots. The problem is with MMS/texting screen shots...
    You sure did, sorry I missed it.

I've gotta say I started a thread very similar to this one a few days ago. I messed with a a couple things along with erased a couple of things and my battery has been great. I literally have my phone in my hand allllll day at work. Very heavy interest use and I'm using WiFi. The battery lasts all day without having to charge. In wouldn't change for a s3 any day. Touchwizz is poo!!

Rim is so behind in the Times when it comes to software and cellphone. Technology how can u compare the 2 that's y rim now only has a small piece of the market share blackberry vs EVO 4g LTE really? even with all its issues there's no competition ill take an EVO all the way! Ps the grass always looks greener from the Other side I have buddies that have the gs3 and some that have the note 2 and they both share complaints about there phones so don't think if u jump ship it's all smooth sailing from there trust me I've heard complaints and seen threads of complaints 4 both phones!

crxssi and houstonwino like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMILL View Post
    Rim is so behind in the Times when it comes to software and cellphone. Technology how can u compare the 2 that's y rim now only has a small piece of the market share blackberry vs EVO 4g LTE really? even with all its issues there's no competition ill take an EVO all the way! Ps the grass always looks greener from the Other side I have buddies that have the gs3 and some that have the note 2 and they both share complaints about there phones so don't think if u jump ship it's all smooth sailing from there trust me I've heard complaints and seen threads of complaints 4 both phones!

BB isnt even a competitor anymore. Lol

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Having played with an evo a lil while ago I can say its a pretty good phone imo. I was about to get it but im a nexus man myself

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Win one of 11 remaining Google Play Gift Cards - and a bonus Nexus 4!

Reset Fixed any problem I had . My battery and my phone in general whoop up all over the wifeys s3 and even she admits I use my phone way more than she does.

ROM
    4.1.2 and 4.2 stock

4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 update including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!! Turning off google now or a factory reset is not going to fix all the problems if any AND its gonna take me too much time getting all my apps back on.

Sorry here is the screen shot w/o degredation Time to dump HTC Evo?-uploadfromtaptalk1357474623645.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by bigrey81 View Post
    Sorry here is the screen shot w/o degredation Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357474623645.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	55919

What's the usage? I'm guessing on wifi a lot and very little screen on time?

Dam, I will not be updating to jellybean any time soon! This sounds like a nightmare!

Sent from my Evo 4g lte using tapatalk 2.

Instagram & EyeEm: kristenhull

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/kristennakasone

Quote Originally Posted by khull808 View Post
    Dam, I will not be updating to jellybean any time soon! This sounds like a nightmare!

Sent from my Evo 4g lte using tapatalk 2.

Instagram & EyeEm: kristenhull

YouTube: Kristen Hull - YouTube
    The people with complaints will always be the most vocal, myself included. But I think people like it overall

Is your phone better before or after the jb update

Global Posts
    785 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kluecke View Post
    I don't seem to have any of the issues people have been reporting - Jelly Bean has been awesome for me. I am generally getting two full days of use per battery charge (6am one day to 9pm the next), even with heavy Pandora streaming. I do better on battery life than my wife's SIII, and I use my phone a lot more. And that is with location history enabled. I've got to think that people having battery issues have some bad app that is killing it for them.

Kevin
    How is that kind of battery life possible? Do you have auto sync and background data disabled? What is your set up. In don't see how that's possible with even normal usage.

bdecastro77 likes this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast