Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Default Re: Time to dump HTC Evo?

Does anyone know a fix for the MMS screenshot issue? Something besides using a third party texting app. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    How is that kind of battery life possible? Do you have auto sync and background data disabled? What is your set up. In don't see how that's possible with even normal usage.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    A couple of problems with this... What is "normal usage"?

To me it is 3-4 hours screen on time (surfing Web, Facebook, playing non-graphic intensive games and texting) and maybe an hour of phone calls.

To this person it might be an hour if screen on time because he can't use a phone at work and the phone sits on his desk or in his briefcase all day, and he has a tablet that he surfs, etc. on.

I'll agree just posting a battery screen that shows 19% left after 32 hours doesn't really prove "great" battery life.

Or at the very least it doesn't say that your usage patterns should allow you to get this kind of life.

First off The Evo LTE is my favorite device on the market. There is no arguing the build quality of this devise. The displays on the LG and Samsung phones simply dont match up.

The problem with this phone comes with the way HTC changes android. I dont root or hack; I have no interest in doing that. I want the phone to work, and the changes HTC has made to software causes a few compatibility issues. Several apps just do not work properly, or are even incompatible, on this top of the line phone. At the same time these problem apps work perfectly fine on others phones.

Most commonly I notice the streaming apps being forced closed because of HTCs aggressive task killing. I am about to just get a Galaxy Nexus. I am not a fan of the Samsung devices, but those phones work. I wouldnt get the Note II solely because of its size, but I like the Note II way better than the S3 (Note II has a nicer screen to my eyes)
    houstonwino likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by R1der2002 View Post
    I did the battery on my phone took a nose dive, I woulnt do it for a GS3 tho I got a Note II and I'm soooo happy with it. most awesome phone I have and I have alot
    I did what you did, ,it last night. I feel the same as you. Size is no issue, , fits in my pocket no problem. The book cover type case like in the commercial is outstanding. You take off phone back and put case on. Case becomes part of the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I did what you did, ,it last night. I feel the same as you. Size is no issue, , fits in my pocket no problem. The book cover type case like in the commercial is outstanding. You take off phone back and put case on. Case becomes part of the phone.

I'm in the same boat and want the note 2 how did you acquire the n2 did you add a line to your account our buy the phone outright

Quote Originally Posted by freeze26 View Post
    I'm in the same boat and want the note 2 how did you acquire the n2 did you add a line to your account our buy the phone outright

I have a 5 line family plan plus a 6th line separate. I was paying my bill online and noticed one of my lines had a upgrade. I just bought a 7 inch tablet 2 weeks ago, already have a 10 inch tablet so i have been looking for a reason to return the 7inch one. When i seen this baby i said that's it, , my reason. They gave me 110 dollars trade in for my white evo . I ended up paying 260 For the phone plus one of those really cool book cover type case plus a pack of screen protectors. Returning the tablet got me 315 back so ended up walking away with an extra 55 bucks in my pocket. All and all it was a very nice transaction.

love my evo.
    So Cold likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have a 5 line family plan plus a 6th line separate. I was paying my bill online and noticed one of my lines had a upgrade. I just bought a 7 inch tablet 2 weeks ago, already have a 10 inch tablet so i have been looking for a reason to return the 7inch one. When i seen this baby i said that's it, , my reason. They gave me 110 dollars trade in for my white evo . I ended up paying 260 For the phone plus one of those really cool book cover type case plus a pack of screen protectors. Returning the tablet got me 315 back so ended up walking away with an extra 55 bucks in my pocket. All and all it was a very nice transaction.

I hit the like button but what they really need is an "envy" button. I'll be back at the store today to try and convince them that my evo doesn't work again (wifi issues this time) and see if they'll just give me a note or make me get evo #4
    Thanked by:
    zmann 
    zmann likes this.

Every day i am discovering new thim things that are just blowing me away. Good luck

love my evo.

You know I was thinking about the same thing the other day but then I remembered when I bought this phone looking at specs and design this was the choice for me. It is unfortunate however the way that HTC has been handling their updates and bugs and have been spread out because of them.I had to remind myself that when purchasing this phone I had it set in my mind that I would be rooting it someday . So the other day I did just that flashed mean bean and I seriously could not be happier with the phone.
    zmann likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I hit the like button but what they really need is an "envy" button. I'll be back at the store today to try and convince them that my evo doesn't work again (wifi issues this time) and see if they'll just give me a note or make me get evo #4
    I ended up with evo #4, apparently they have to send it off 3 times before they'll give you a different model...

Global Posts
    765 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    A couple of problems with this... What is "normal usage"?

To me it is 3-4 hours screen on time (surfing Web, Facebook, playing non-graphic intensive games and texting) and maybe an hour of phone calls.

To this person it might be an hour if screen on time because he can't use a phone at work and the phone sits on his desk or in his briefcase all day, and he has a tablet that he surfs, etc. on.

I'll agree just posting a battery screen that shows 19% left after 32 hours doesn't really prove "great" battery life.

Or at the very least it doesn't say that your usage patterns should allow you to get this kind of life.
    I guess I feel like we all own smartphones and frequent a smartphone forum. Our opinions of average use of a smartphone should be fairly similar in this setting. Web browsing, email, texting at minimum I would assume. And even with those bare functions I can't pull battery like that off.

So Cold likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123