Time to dump HTC Evo?

08silveradoonrims

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I've gotta say I started a thread very similar to this one a few days ago. I messed with a a couple things along with erased a couple of things and my battery has been great. I literally have my phone in my hand allllll day at work. Very heavy interest use and I'm using WiFi. The battery lasts all day without having to charge. In wouldn't change for a s3 any day. Touchwizz is poo!!

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Rim is so behind in the Times when it comes to software and cellphone. Technology how can u compare the 2 that's y rim now only has a small piece of the market share blackberry vs EVO 4g LTE really? even with all its issues there's no competition ill take an EVO all the way! Ps the grass always looks greener from the Other side I have buddies that have the gs3 and some that have the note 2 and they both share complaints about there phones so don't think if u jump ship it's all smooth sailing from there trust me I've heard complaints and seen threads of complaints 4 both phones!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Rim is so behind in the Times when it comes to software and cellphone. Technology how can u compare the 2 that's y rim now only has a small piece of the market share blackberry vs EVO 4g LTE really? even with all its issues there's no competition ill take an EVO all the way! Ps the grass always looks greener from the Other side I have buddies that have the gs3 and some that have the note 2 and they both share complaints about there phones so don't think if u jump ship it's all smooth sailing from there trust me I've heard complaints and seen threads of complaints 4 both phones!

BB isnt even a competitor anymore. Lol

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Having played with an evo a lil while ago I can say its a pretty good phone imo. I was about to get it but im a nexus man myself

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Win one of 11 remaining Google Play Gift Cards - and a bonus Nexus 4!

Reset Fixed any problem I had . My battery and my phone in general whoop up all over the wifeys s3 and even she admits I use my phone way more than she does.

bigrey81

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Time to dump HTC Evo?
1. The picture tells the battery level which doesn't mean anything. If it was readable it would say how long it has been on the battery to get to a low level. That means a lot more.
2. I do screen shots relatively often. And guess what? It doesn't happy on other phones or pre 4.1
3. The contact issue had an easy fix.....clear the memory in the contact app. Then resync your contacts. It would fix it for a while. It was only a 2 min fix so I could live with 2 min to fix it every month or 2.
4. There are a lot of issues with 4.1 update including proximity sensor issues, battery life, unreadable screen shots, screen going black when listening to voicemail and many more!!!! Turning off google now or a factory reset is not going to fix all the problems if any AND its gonna take me too much time getting all my apps back on.
5. $250 + my evo is a lot but the battery life of the N2 may be worth it. We'll see.

Nobody loved the evo brand more than me but the quality of the updates is just too bad to make this useable like you need it to be.

Sorry here is the screen shot w/o degredation uploadfromtaptalk1357474623645.jpg

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't seem to have any of the issues people have been reporting - Jelly Bean has been awesome for me. I am generally getting two full days of use per battery charge (6am one day to 9pm the next), even with heavy Pandora streaming. I do better on battery life than my wife's SIII, and I use my phone a lot more. And that is with location history enabled. I've got to think that people having battery issues have some bad app that is killing it for them.

Kevin

How is that kind of battery life possible? Do you have auto sync and background data disabled? What is your set up. In don't see how that's possible with even normal usage.

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know a fix for the MMS screenshot issue? Something besides using a third party texting app. Thanks.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How is that kind of battery life possible? Do you have auto sync and background data disabled? What is your set up. In don't see how that's possible with even normal usage.

A couple of problems with this... What is "normal usage"?

To me it is 3-4 hours screen on time (surfing Web, Facebook, playing non-graphic intensive games and texting) and maybe an hour of phone calls.

To this person it might be an hour if screen on time because he can't use a phone at work and the phone sits on his desk or in his briefcase all day, and he has a tablet that he surfs, etc. on.

I'll agree just posting a battery screen that shows 19% left after 32 hours doesn't really prove "great" battery life.

Or at the very least it doesn't say that your usage patterns should allow you to get this kind of life.

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
First off ? The Evo LTE is my favorite device on the market. There is no arguing the build quality of this devise. The displays on the LG and Samsung phones simply don?t match up.

The problem with this phone comes with the way HTC changes android. I don?t root or hack; I have no interest in doing that. I want the phone to work, and the changes HTC has made to software causes a few compatibility issues. Several apps just do not work properly, or are even incompatible, on this top of the line phone. At the same time these problem apps work perfectly fine on others phones.

Most commonly I notice the streaming apps being forced closed because of HTC?s aggressive task killing. I am about to just get a Galaxy Nexus. I am not a fan of the Samsung devices, but those phones work. I wouldn?t get the Note II solely because of its size, but I like the Note II way better than the S3 (Note II has a nicer screen to my eyes)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the battery on my phone took a nose dive, I woulnt do it for a GS3 tho I got a Note II and I'm soooo happy with it. most awesome phone I have and I have alot

I did what you did, ,it last night. I feel the same as you. Size is no issue, , fits in my pocket no problem. The book cover type case like in the commercial is outstanding. You take off phone back and put case on. Case becomes part of the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

freeze26

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I did what you did, ,it last night. I feel the same as you. Size is no issue, , fits in my pocket no problem. The book cover type case like in the commercial is outstanding. You take off phone back and put case on. Case becomes part of the phone.

I'm in the same boat and want the note 2 how did you acquire the n2 did you add a line to your account our buy the phone outright

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the same boat and want the note 2 how did you acquire the n2 did you add a line to your account our buy the phone outright

I have a 5 line family plan plus a 6th line separate. I was paying my bill online and noticed one of my lines had a upgrade. I just bought a 7 inch tablet 2 weeks ago, already have a 10 inch tablet so i have been looking for a reason to return the 7inch one. When i seen this baby i said that's it, , my reason. They gave me 110 dollars trade in for my white evo . I ended up paying 260 For the phone plus one of those really cool book cover type case plus a pack of screen protectors. Returning the tablet got me 315 back so ended up walking away with an extra 55 bucks in my pocket. All and all it was a very nice transaction. :D

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a 5 line family plan plus a 6th line separate. I was paying my bill online and noticed one of my lines had a upgrade. I just bought a 7 inch tablet 2 weeks ago, already have a 10 inch tablet so i have been looking for a reason to return the 7inch one. When i seen this baby i said that's it, , my reason. They gave me 110 dollars trade in for my white evo . I ended up paying 260 For the phone plus one of those really cool book cover type case plus a pack of screen protectors. Returning the tablet got me 315 back so ended up walking away with an extra 55 bucks in my pocket. All and all it was a very nice transaction. :D

I hit the like button but what they really need is an "envy" button. I'll be back at the store today to try and convince them that my evo doesn't work again (wifi issues this time) and see if they'll just give me a note or make me get evo #4

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Every day i am discovering new thim things that are just blowing me away. Good luck

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You know I was thinking about the same thing the other day but then I remembered when I bought this phone looking at specs and design this was the choice for me. It is unfortunate however the way that HTC has been handling their updates and bugs and have been spread out because of them.I had to remind myself that when purchasing this phone I had it set in my mind that I would be rooting it someday . So the other day I did just that flashed mean bean and I seriously could not be happier with the phone.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I hit the like button but what they really need is an "envy" button. I'll be back at the store today to try and convince them that my evo doesn't work again (wifi issues this time) and see if they'll just give me a note or make me get evo #4

I ended up with evo #4, apparently they have to send it off 3 times before they'll give you a different model...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy