Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Soft brick bootloop please help!!!!!!!

This is the situation people had rooted htc 4g lte,s-off, bootloader unlocked with stock rom. I decided that i wanted to update to the htc release of jelly bean and tried to flash the viperboy stock rom...this is when my problems began. I tried to boot up phone and ended up with the loop. I tried to restore my nandroid backup but that was gone. I locked bootloader and ran ruu but loop still persists. I need help on where to go from here.. also i have security warning under relocked in stock recovery.
    Last edited by gengiz olcaytore; 01-02-2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: additional information

Default Re: Soft brick bootloop please help!!!!!!!

That's weird, usually doesn't happen unless something weird happens during the flash process. I don't have much experience in un soft bricking phones, but I would advise that if you haven't already, to ask over at XDA, the Q&A section probably. People over there are generally going to be more experienced with this.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks appreciate it
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

this is for anyone that happens upon this post looking for answers. The main problem was that since i had s-on i had to flash the boot.img manually. so i installed the boot.img from the rom in the ADB platform tools folder and ran the fastboot boot boot.img cmd. I then flashed the rom with twrp while still having my phone connected. It worked like a charm. hope this helps someone