Soft brick bootloop please help!!!!!!!

gengiz olcaytore

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
This is the situation people had rooted htc 4g lte,s-off, bootloader unlocked with stock rom. I decided that i wanted to update to the htc release of jelly bean and tried to flash the viperboy stock rom...this is when my problems began. I tried to boot up phone and ended up with the loop. I tried to restore my nandroid backup but that was gone. I locked bootloader and ran ruu but loop still persists. I need help on where to go from here.:(. also i have security warning under relocked in stock recovery.

Last edited:

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
That's weird, usually doesn't happen unless something weird happens during the flash process. I don't have much experience in un soft bricking phones, but I would advise that if you haven't already, to ask over at XDA, the Q&A section probably. People over there are generally going to be more experienced with this.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

gengiz olcaytore

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
this is for anyone that happens upon this post looking for answers. The main problem was that since i had s-on i had to flash the boot.img manually. so i installed the boot.img from the rom in the ADB platform tools folder and ran the fastboot boot boot.img cmd. I then flashed the rom with twrp while still having my phone connected. It worked like a charm. hope this helps someone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam